Such bad fixture luck...

A.V.F.C

I can't help but feel the fixtures are really against us at the moment. I think most of us were quite positive about the Bolton home game, was a good chance for back to back wins and then we could have gone to Arsenal in a better vain than we did. Obviously it was right to cancel it but just making the point that the rearrangement has put us in a more perilous position than we might have been with shit like Wigan winning at Anfield/Blackburn improved form etc.

Then looked at the fixtures and saw that we play at Anfield on the 7th of April, then at home to Stoke on the 9th. Stoke was one of the few winnable games we had left and we face it after in all likeliness running around being smashed by Liverpool. Stoke have to contend with the same shit resting time but play Wolves at home before playing us, they have more squad options to rest because our seniors are dead.

It feels like everything is conspiring to make this an absolutely miserable run in, we could well end up in 17th come the end (heres hoping it couldn't possibly be worse than 17th).

No matter how you look at it you have to play every team twice.So if you play Man U then Man C then Arsenal and then Liverpool/Spurs all home and away then after 8 games you would be rock bottom with no points BUT all your remaining fixtures would be easy ones compared to the games you have just played.

You definately have to get points from the teams below you and then try to nick a point or 3 from all the other teams.Something McStupid can"t figure out.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

Our club lacks leadership on all levels from owner to manager all the way down to captain and squad, thats why we'll never go on long streaks of good form and win consecutive games no matter the opposition.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

Our club lacks leadership on all levels from owner to manager all the way down to captain and squad, thats why we'll never go on long streaks of good form and win consecutive games no matter the opposition.

We were lucky to beat Fukham.

So luck does play a part,but only a small part ( sometimes you make your owne luck )

You have to play every team twice. that is all. if you have a run of top teams in a row, that will mean you will have some easier teams at another time.

This really sums it up. We should have got more points near the start of the season when the run of teams was considered easier, but we didn't. I said it at the time that we were going to be in the sh*t at some point and here we are.

You have to play every team twice. that is all. if you have a run of top teams in a row, that will mean you will have some easier teams at another time.
Indeed. It's like Ipswich fans in 1981 complaining that Villa didn't deserve to win the league because we lost our final game, and had to rely on them not winning theirs.

Irrelevant. The table never lies.

It doesent matter when we play it,they are one of the elite teams

if they are elite then so are Villa

An elite club with a less than elite first 11 at the moment. Let's just hope we don't get them on one of their good days because they are elite on their day. And Villa have a habit of helping teams & players to either break a duck of some description or come out of a bad run of form. We're nice like that.

Indeed. It's like Ipswich fans in 1981 complaining that Villa didn't deserve to win the league because we lost our final game, and had to rely on them not winning theirs.
Not sure your comment is relevant to this thread but, if the Ipswich fans thought that, they can't count. We had the league won after the 3-0 win at home to Middlesbrough in the penultimate game and went to Arsenal as champions. I remember this well because I paid a lot of money to go to Arsenal to watch Villa pissing around in an insignificant match and losing 0-2. :angry:

The main thing I recall Ipswich fans complaining about was that they should have been champions because they beat Villa twice in the season.

This really sums it up. We should have got more points near the start of the season when the run of teams was considered easier, but we didn't. I said it at the time that we were going to be in the sh*t at some point and here we are.

Agreed. We lost 10 points in games were we were/should have been the better team, in the first half of the season that were crucial.

Such bad fixture luck that we had to play all the teams in the league, not just once but twice! I mean ridiculous no other team has to do that. But the real bad luck is we had to do that with Mcleish as manager!

Â