Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eventually we will have to pay these wages or be content with 6th every season, sell Heskey that's 50k per week off the wage bill

As people have mentioned before, as soon as you smash the wages tructure then it's a slippery slope.

Heskey out and Adebayor in for £100k+ a week would cost us a lot more than the net £50k between their salaries.

Not worth it. And as I said, Adebayor could well be disruptive.

Considering the huge losses associated with trying but failing to achieve 4th, we risk doubling our wage bill and still finishing 6th. I sometimes wonder whether the club are quite happy to stay around 6th at our current level of expenditure, rather than increasing it massively and risk not going up the league accordingly.

EDIT : This is on topic in relation to buying Adebaydonkey

eventually we will have to pay these wages or be content with 6th every season, sell Heskey that's 50k per week off the wage bill

As people have mentioned before, as soon as you smash the wages tructure then it's a slippery slope.

Heskey out and Adebayor in for £100k+ a week would cost us a lot more than the net £50k between their salaries.

so I take it you're happy with 6th every season? you don't want the club to have CL football? you only get so far paying players 50k per week, you have to take that leap eventually

how would it cost more than £50k net between the 2 salaries???

... This talk about us ruining football is just stupid. ... What we as a club are doing, is levelling the playing field with the Big Four, after they have had years of regular investment due to the CL, which afforded them the best players, and the highest wages. ...

Having failed to get where they want to be through their own efforts and abilities, what City are now attempting to do is follow in Chelsea's footsteps: namely to buy success with money that the club has not itself generated nor borrowed with a view to paying the sums back.

Just like Chelsea, City are no longer seen as as a proper football club - you have become a rich man's plaything, nothing more. Any success you achieve will be hollow, not earnt, not deserved.

And yes, the sugar-daddy syndrome is damaging football - quite badly in my view.

To be fair Citeh are buying good players but not wonderful ones. I mean, if Yaya Toure was really an important player to Barca they would have kept him. Good player yes but not world class. Same with the other players they have bought. I'm not worried about them just yet.

... This talk about us ruining football is just stupid. ... What we as a club are doing, is levelling the playing field with the Big Four, after they have had years of regular investment due to the CL, which afforded them the best players, and the highest wages. ...

Having failed to get where they want to be through their own efforts and abilities, what City are now attempting to do is follow in Chelsea's footsteps: namely to buy success with money that the club has not itself generated nor borrowed with a view to paying the sums back.

Just like Chelsea, City are no longer seen as as a proper football club - you have become a rich man's plaything, nothing more. Any success you achieve will be hollow, not earnt, not deserved.

And yes, the sugar-daddy syndrome is damaging football - quite badly in my view.

Grabs popcorn.

I like the idea of a Spurs and Cit-eh fan slugging it out for our entertainment.

so I take it you're happy with 6th every season? you don't want the club to have CL football? you only get so far paying players 50k per week, you have to take that leap eventually

But we literally can't pay a wage of 100k a week.

why on earth not? if we can pay Heskey 50k a week I'm sure we can pay Adebayor 100k a week

why on earth not? if we can pay Heskey 50k a week I'm sure we can pay Adebayor 100k a week

Just no.

I would **** love to see an explanation showing how you gleaned that I was happy with 6th and no champions league football from what i wrote!!! I assume you have a bag full of insults and you just shoved your hand in, drew out "happy with 6th place" and applied it to the nearest post you could find.

As for the bit in bold.

Adebayor joins for 100k a week.

John Carew wants parity

Gabby subsequently wants parity.

Any new signings think "well Adebayor got 100k a week so I want 100k a week"

etc etc

You get either a ballooning wage bill or an unhappy dressing room because there's one big dog getting paid double what anyone else gets.

Now, breaking the wage structure for the right player would be fine. A player who is genuinely a match winner and the players would know is worth it. However, Emmanuel Adebayor is far FAR from being that player.

I wonder if players like Tevez will, justifiably, ask for pay parity with Yaya Toure.

I wonder if players like Tevez will, justifiably, honour the contract they thought was perfectly OK when they signed it in the first place. Unless you've a clause that explicitly entitles you to earn equal to the top earner then you should be told where to go.

BOF makes a good point. but truth of the matter is players get unhappy when they feel others are getting paid more but contributing the same amount.

I wonder if players like Tevez will, justifiably, ask for pay parity with Yaya Toure.

I wonder if players like Tevez will, justifiably, honour the contract they thought was perfectly OK when they signed it in the first place. Unless you've a clause that explicitly entitles you to earn equal to the top earner then you should be told where to go.

The answer is no.

We've already seen that with SWP last season.

We're not in for Drogba. You can pretty much ignore EVERYTHING that is printed in the Sun or NOTW about City. The Club makes a point of never talking to them about anything. The Daily Mail is your best for City news.

It's frustrating that despite the fact that I've pointed out the original "£220k" story, and shown why it's a complete lie (that I've been told we ARE suing over), people still seem to believe that he's on those wages. I'll reiterate this, Toure is on £160k a week, after bonuses and before tax.

We aren't selling Adebayor; we rejected a £15m approach from Milan for him only a month or so ago.

Firstly, if I was you, I'd have a look at Spurs' transfer record and their business structure a few years ago before shouting about sugar daddies.

I'm not really arsed how you feel about City's success, I for one would be delighted with any trophy.

Besides, let's have a look at your managers record with his previous clubs, shall we?

Bournemouth - went bankrupt

West Ham - went bankrupt

Pompey - went bankrupt

Southampton - went bankrupt

Spurs - ?????

A guy I know who lives across the way from me went to watch the lads train yesterday.

He was telling me how Platt does fk all, said he gave out the bibs and that was about it. Just stands there. Anyway a few balls came over and Platt went out to round them all up. The bloke shouted 'Are you the ball boy' He said Platt just stared at him and wasn't a bit happy.

Taken from bluemoon forum :crylaugh:

Â