Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

I can't stand them. Mercenary players and the passion the fans used to have seems to have gone.

If that is what a takeover by multi billionaires does then I hope it never happens to us! They may be winning things but it seems so hollow for them. 

The Etihad is a souless place.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them yearn for the days of Shaun Goater and Paul Dickov to be honest.

At least it meant something.

A guy I work with is a City fan who's been supporting them for 30+ years.  He's from Altrincham originally (which is firmly in Manchester United territory) and he's said he much prefers it now.  Being shit is good for your character but it's not as much fun as winning the league and getting to see Sergio Aguero play every week.   The plastics who have jumped on board since City won the lottery are probably annoying, but when you spent most of your life resigned to the fact that you would never win anything while the team who play just down the road sweep all before them then I guess success in this manner is still better than being the punchline for pretty much every joke told about football. 

• Like 1

The only reason I dislike them is because of the financial aspect. Before the arabs they were a very respectable club. On a par with us really! Chelsea the same really. Man U. Arsenal and Liverpool have always been big clubs with a great fan base. I can remember the days when Chelsea had 4000 people attend a league one match at Stamford bridge, prior to Premier League. 

they have always been a well supported club and thats the only thing they were on par with us, but you could of said they were a working class club but they certainly are not now and that goes for most clubs now.

**** em... Hate them...

They were the architects of our downfall by, essentially, buying up the spine of our team to destabilise us even though they had the money to afford much better...

What is it with teams in blue and white being so easy to hate...

Small heath..... Check
Man City.... Check
Portsmouth.... Check
Everton.... Check
Ipswich (if only because Richard Wright ended Nilis's career).... Check
Scotland
France
Italy

The one I spoke to last night hates the dwindling away crowds, at a guess yesterday was £45 for us, on a Saturday night on tv in a month of 2 wembley visits, sees it for it is and disagrees with it

I've tried really hard but I genuinely cannot decipher your comment!

He was saying he hates that the number of away fans dropping but understands it because the club are charging silly money for tickets and it's usually for TV games too

Baggies didn't even break 1k did they? But then that was £55 for a 12.30 kick off

Not sure what our sales were for Saturday but £45 tickets, on tv, with wembley to pay for it's understandable that we had poor numbers

He was saying he hates that the number of away fans dropping but understands it because the club are charging silly money for tickets and it's usually for TV games too

Baggies didn't even break 1k did they? But then that was £55 for a 12.30 kick off

Not sure what our sales were for Saturday but £45 tickets, on tv, with wembley to pay for it's understandable that we had poor numbers

a lot probably went to Spurs as well which again isnt very cheap

Â