What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Remember you used to get those tapes with loads of games on.

I remember a mate of mine coming round and we wanted to play the game that was last on the tape.

So we had to sit through the whole fecking tape loading up, and then he went and pressed Stop too early and it **** the whole thing up and it wouldn't load.

I was fuming!

Funny what you remember.

We had a Spectrum 128k as well after that. That was even better. A real keyboard for a start!

ZX_Spectrum128K.jpg

Pro evo 2014

Started it again without on psn+, can't get the option file to work, 2 hrs for the updated data pack... Konami should be ashamed of themselves, it's so **** lazy what they've done with the kits etc I'm actually angry with it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was addicted but then got fed up because I could never complete the damn game. Always got stuck at the last bit when you take on the fleet or whatever. Lots of fun though.

Admittedly, I have been playing on easy, but I have taken out the rebel flagship a few times. There are probably hundreds of strategies, but I have been most successful using ion blasters to strip away shields and either beams or attack drones to deal damage. It really helps to maximise the amount of planets you visit in each system, and also to pick a strategy and build towards that, rather than trying to be awesome at everything.

I can't remember his name, but there's a guy on twitch who plays FTL on hard and makes it look so easy. He's got a big beard, great watch.

Edited by hogso

Just finished The Darkness II which I thought was fantastic. Gun play is a little weak so I decided to never use them if I don't have to and spent most of the time only using my crazy demon arms to kill things.An unusually well executed story for an FPS as well, I thought.

Gradually clawing through my backlog in Steam, that's the second one moved in to my completed category this week. I'm trying to stop myself buyting anymore games until the ones I have are either finished or shoved in to the junk folder of games I hate. I think either Torchlight 2 or Kingdoms of Amalur are next, more than half way through both campaigns but they've each sat on the backburner for a long time now.

Edited by Davkaus

On to Red Faction: Armageddon. Some of the enemies are annoyingly bullet-spongey, but the magnet gun is incredibly fun, and the way you can use it to completely demolish the environment allows you to get very creative with how you engage. Throw a gas tank in to a bridge so it explodes, collapsing the bridge in to a chasm, killing everything on it? No problem, then pull out the repair tool so you can rebuild it and cross over. It feels fantastic.

Had a few games for my birthday today;

Wwe 2k14

Tiger Woods 14

Beyond: Two Souls

Don Bradman Cricket 14

South Park: SoT

Not had a chance to properly give them a go yet but first impressions for all of them are positive apart from Wwe 2k14, its a glitch/bug ridden mess. Beyond in particular however has positively surprised me but I'd still argue its not a game and if I was paying for it I'd spend no more than £15 but as its free I'm not bothered :P

Don Bradman could possibly be the new BLC '99, only time will tell though but early impressions are that its great but bloody difficult. Tiger Woods 14 is what it is. But special praise has to go to South Park, only an hour or so in and its genius, brilliant and hilarious, can tell I'm gonna love it.

Edited by Ingram85

Stick of Truth is brilliant, the rest of those games do not interest me in the slightest. Neither does Beyond: Two Souls. I have singled that one out because as you stated yourself, it is not a game.

In the Beyond thread I was a bit sterner about it & I stand by it but as I haven't paid for it my opinion on what it is doesn't matter. It is rather interesting though.

Â