coda

15 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Who is their star man though to inspire the team when chips are down?

What Chelsea players are you thinking about the night before a game you are feeling nervous about?

Not sure about a star man, they are all just playing as individuals at the minute. So I wasn’t really that nervous about playing them. (And yes I’m aware I said we’d lose 5-0 in the pre-match thread but that was because I was annoyed mid week) However I’d have Enzo, Disasi, Mudryk and Madueke at Villa. 

Edited by Tayls

To build a team you need experienced players who then help the inexperienced but talented others bed into the team. These players will not reach their potential because they should still be learning . The cherry on the top rather than the cake. 

Genuine question, i wonder how much financial impact it will have on them if they dont qualify for the Champ League again this season?

Their wage bill must be huge, and their net spend over the last 3 years is what......700m ish?....net?

Maybe they will just sell another 100-150m worth of players?

not qualifying for Champ League again this season must be putting them in a tight spot?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Americans, Africans, Asians and kids all over Britain all started supporting them during their buying up of all the trophies.

And they will desert them just as quickly for Man City or Newcastle. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Genuine question, i wonder how much financial impact it will have on them if they dont qualify for the Champ League again this season?

Their wage bill must be huge, and their net spend over the last 3 years is what......700m ish?....net?

Maybe they will just sell another 100-150m worth of players?

not qualifying for Champ League again this season must be putting them in a tight spot?

Not sure it'd have that big an impact tbh, they'll have to slow down their insane spending regardless, it wouldn't just be a case of selling it would be the wages, I'd guess thiago silva would be off regardless, they'd need to shift sterling

Not talked about much with their spending but they must be shaving millions per year off their wage bill as much as anything else with their sales

22 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The money they miss out on by not getting CL is easily made up through one of their many sponsors/coffee partners. Abramovich really put them on the map commercially. Americans, Africans, Asians and kids all over Britain all started supporting them during their buying up of all the trophies. Plastic club

None of these major brands are going to want to be associated with losers. Eventually they will look at more successful clubs with money like Newcastle 

37 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What is their actual plan? Can anyone tell me? I would absolve the manager and all the players from blame. What they have done is insanity.

Wait for a dodgy call or two from an Australian ref on the take 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

None of these major brands are going to want to be associated with losers. Eventually they will look at more successful clubs with money like Newcastle 

They were rumoured to be signing a £60m shirt deal weren't they?

Same as utd, it doesn't work like that

The money will keep coming in

40 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The money they miss out on by not getting CL is easily made up through one of their many sponsors/coffee partners. Abramovich really put them on the map commercially. Americans, Africans, Asians and kids all over Britain all started supporting them during their buying up of all the trophies. Plastic club

I remember they picked up some Man Utd fans too lol.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They were rumoured to be signing a £60m shirt deal weren't they?

Same as utd, it doesn't work like that

The money will keep coming in

If they are finishing 10th each season they wont be getting 60m deals like that anymore

Just now, Demitri_C said:

If they are finishing 10th each season they wont be getting 60m deals like that anymore

They won't be finishing 10th for the several years that would be needed for them to drop off

They'd need a bigger dip than both arsenal and utd, all while out spending several of the teams above them

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Pound for pound, Sterling must be one of the worst players in the league.  I just knew we wouldn't concede when he was the one they chose to keep on.  Even if they had all their players fit I'd have no idea what their best team would be.

I strongly disagree with this. When I watch Chelsea he’s the only one that ever seems to have any star quality about him or looks like making something happen. The rest are just expensive passengers clocking up TikTok followers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Not sure about a star man, they are all just playing as individuals at the minute. So I wasn’t really that nervous about playing them. (And yes I’m aware I said we’d lose 5-0 in the pre-match thread but that was because I was annoyed mid week) However I’d have Enzo, Disasi, Mudryk and Madueke at Villa. 

Someone is going to have to explain to me why Mudryk is supposedly amazing. Bang average record in a bang average league and a bad record for a nation where he ought to have at least bagged a goal before moving to the big time and being really quite bad. I feel sorry for him as he’s young and it’s all going wrong with a lot of pressure on him, but he doesn’t lace the boots of any of our attacking options.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They won't be finishing 10th for the several years that would be needed for them to drop off

They'd need a bigger dip than both arsenal and utd, all while out spending several of the teams above them

Mate if poch cant fix them who the hell can?

They cant keep spending like they are with mo CL unless they sell players for big money. Looking at their squad who can they make profit on? Maybe levi or gallagher but near enough everyone else they signed for stupid fees

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Mate if poch cant fix them who the hell can?

They cant keep spending like they are with mo CL unless they sell players for big money. Looking at their squad who can they make profit on? Maybe levi or gallagher but near enough everyone else they signed for stupid fees

Poch is overrated as **** imo, couldn't fix spurs mental problems won't fix chelseas

At some point their kids will come good, they've bought a future on the quiet while everyone is laughing at them

Its a huge mental thing for me, the best thing would be boehly stops and slinks away while no one is watching, everything calms down and they sort themselves out

That still hasn't happened at utd but I think that's more down to the Norwich scarf brigade

Â