coda

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

Their spending is absolutely insane. They've discovered a loophole basically, I suspect the likes of Newcastle and City are watching to see how it turns out to see if it would work out for them. Definitely risky, it could be an absolute disaster if it doesn't work out or it could be a stroke of genius. 

Smacks of Leeds.

While I can't see Chelsea getting relegated and ruined like Leeds did they are still setting themselves up for a massive fall.

Can't wait to see it happen

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Smacks of Leeds.

While I can't see Chelsea getting relegated and ruined like Leeds did they are still setting themselves up for a massive fall.

Can't wait to see it happen

giphy.gif

It could quite easily happen. Chelssa are 10th and if these signings are flops they are stuck with rubbish players on high wages that they cant flog. Then because they have used up their transfer fees for next 8 years they wont have much room to play with.

I personally if i was a opposition club would offer them ridiculously low offers for the players they want to sell because they will be desperate for the cash. For example if they wanted 50m for pulisic id go in at 30m. 

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

Their spending is absolutely insane. They've discovered a loophole basically, I suspect the likes of Newcastle and City are watching to see how it turns out to see if it would work out for them. Definitely risky, it could be an absolute disaster if it doesn't work out or it could be a stroke of genius. 

Less of a loophole, more of a heffalump trap imo. 

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It could quite easily happen. Chelssa are 10th and if these signings are flops they are stuck with rubbish players on high wages that they cant flog. Then because they have used up their transfer fees for next 8 years they wont have much room to play with.

or the players are good players and helps them qualify for Europa this season and Champions League next season once they settle in.  It could go either way, but because Chelsea have so high revenues they can afford 3-5 of these players not working out and they can still buy more players in 12 months time.

46 minutes ago, ender4 said:

or the players are good players and helps them qualify for Europa this season and Champions League next season once they settle in.  It could go either way, but because Chelsea have so high revenues they can afford 3-5 of these players not working out and they can still buy more players in 12 months time.

High revenues because they qualify cl each season. What happens if they dont? Their revenues plummet and then there is no way they get away spending what they have been

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Literally starting to dislike them more than city

If you mean "Manchester" City then there's never been a lot between them for me in terms of dislike. If you mean Birmingham then no chance. Although I'm guessing you mean the Mancs.

Edited by GlobalVillan

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

High revenues because they qualify cl each season. What happens if they dont? Their revenues plummet and then there is no way they get away spending what they have been

Exactly. They will be using 2 seasons ago champs league win in their 3 year ffp monies.  Thats about £100 mill of extra revenue . Spent it all on Lukaku who doesnt even play for them 

I don't get this loophole they've "found" - it's not like they've found some small print, it's just clever (if not risky) accounting - something the Sky 6 (or is it 7 now?) would all be capable of doing.

So they've essentially gambled their mortgage on making the Champions League every year, despite being miles off halfway through the season...

... which means they are either absolutely **** insane kamikaze fools, they've found a more intricate loophole that the other top teams haven't, or (and this is my bet...) they know somethings brewing with a Super League and they wont be governed by FFP in 3 years time

I think the fa will have to step in if they have 7 unregistered players of that profile. How does it affect work permits? Could some of their players get deported (I don't know the intricacies of the rules)?

3 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

I don't get this loophole they've "found" - it's not like they've found some small print, it's just clever (if not risky) accounting - something the Sky 6 (or is it 7 now?) would all be capable of doing.

So they've essentially gambled their mortgage on making the Champions League every year, despite being miles off halfway through the season...

... which means they are either absolutely **** insane kamikaze fools, they've found a more intricate loophole that the other top teams haven't, or (and this is my bet...) they know somethings brewing with a Super League and they wont be governed by FFP in 3 years time

It's just the kamikaze thing. If it comes off, they will have a squad full of the best young players in world football on contracts that don't expire for years, growing up together and conquering the football world. If it doesn't, they're going to be stuck with a bunch of guys on massive wages that have no incentive to move on having priced themselves out of most transfers. 

It's most likely going to end in failure, but it'll be fun to watch them try. 

• Like 1

He’ll fit in well at Chelsea.

Link

Chelsea forward Mykhaylo Mudryk has apologised for any offence caused by the video, which showed the 22-year-old reciting the lyrics to a song which contained the N-word

Edited by av1

Â