coda

What I think could be interesting is all these young players on 6/7 year contracts and what happens if they fail to get champions league for the next two seasons.

Could Chelsea fall foul of ffp and implode?

Edited by Tommo_b

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

What I think could be interesting is all these young players on 6/7 year contracts and what happens if they fail to get champions league for the next two seasons.

Could Chelsea fall foul of ffp and implode?

Never happen. They'd diddle the champs league qualification criteria or someone if one of the boys club looked in serious trouble

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Never happen. They'd diddle the champs league qualification criteria or someone if one of the boys club looked in serious trouble

4 from 7 doesnt add up though, Some big spenders will miss out

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Watched a little of Potter's press conference earlier, looks like a dead-man walking....suggestions from some quarters that he just isn't the right fit for that club.

Unless Felix bails him out, he'll be gone soon.

Professionally he probably regrets leaving Brighton, financially i’m sure he has no regrets. 

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The Felix loan really doesn't make much sense to me. Are they essentially trying before they buy?

Doubt they can buy, he's signed that loan with Chelsea, while also signing a new contract extension till 2027 for his own club.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Problem is Potter is trying to be too smart, slagging off the fans like he is at every chance, instead of taking some responsibility he'll be out quicker than he thinks. 

probably doing a Bruce and gets a big payoff :P  

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Doubt they can buy, he's signed that loan with Chelsea, while also signing a new contract extension till 2027 for his own club.

It's really random takes the place of one of their own players and then goes back.

Loan players are for championship teams or to fill gaps in prem squads to me unless you are looking to buy at the end of the loan.

6 months for what to get a Europa League spot??

Potter might be out his depth but I see it more as interference from above.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Well they can (all La Liga players have release clauses I think) but he'll cost even more than he would cost now. That's what I mean about it being a weird signing.

Â