coda

Is it just me or have Mourinho's tactics always been this boring what he's had in this season so far?

He's always been known as pretty boring and defensive manager. I think it was one of Madrid's gripes with him. Remember Inter at the Nou Camp about 4 years ago? They pretty much played with 9 defenders and Eto'o up front, nothing wrong with that though, it's the best way to beat Barca.

He may be negative at times but simple fact is he gets results

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it, results are all that counts (why I would have accepted McLeish if he'd gotten us top 10 for example), but it can be mind numbingly boring at times. Although I would argue teams like Spain and Barcelona are much, much more boring, with their "attractive" and "beautiful" football, why watch a team pass along the back 4 and midfield about 30 times before even thinking of attacking.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it, results are all that counts (why I would have accepted McLeish if he'd gotten us top 10 for example), but it can be mind numbingly boring at times. Although I would argue teams like Spain and Barcelona are much, much more boring, with their "attractive" and "beautiful" football, why watch a team pass along the back 4 and midfield about 30 times before even thinking of attacking.

Because they end up scoring about 7 goals after those passes.

• Like 1

JT bottling it and letting Lukaku who has barely kicked a ball from Chelsea take the last penalty. Arsehole Terry.

I dislike Terry as much as the next person but this is wide of the mark. How do you know Terry bottled taking it? Maybe Mourinho always had Lukaku down to take the 5th one. Lukaku is a striker after all and so is probably accustomed to taking penalties. Blaming Terry for Lukaku missing is ridiculous IMO, you are acting as if Terry was down to take it but changed his mind last minute.

Edited by Voinjama

Because they end up scoring about 7 goals after those passes.

Mourinhos boring defensive Madrid team did outscore barca 2 out 3 seasons in la liga.

Â