London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

I know someone who had number 1 court tickets today. They were meant to have had one of the men's semi finals but the Wimbledon powers that be decided to move both matches to centre at the last minute so most of the ticket holders ended up watching it on the big screen.

To rub salt in the wounds, the doubles match Murray was scheduled to have on court 1 was also postponed!

[quote="codaThere's one tomorrow called the Omnium, think that's the points race.

Ah - I forgot about that. Again, I think that the Omnium is a multi-discipline race and there is a Points Race within the event.

Ennis doing well. Have to say, I am a little bit disillusioned at how many swimming medals there are. I understand that it is a historic event but to me it seems mad that it is the event with the second highest amount of medals. Wrestling is the third highest. Hmm, I think the Americans designed these Olympics...

So can anyone explain how the track can be "fast".. Obvioulsy different weather conditions can affect the running speed, but how can the track per se (I was under the impression all international tracks are made of the same material)

So can anyone explain how the track can be "fast".. Obvioulsy different weather conditions can affect the running speed, but how can the track per se (I was under the impression all international tracks are made of the same material)

im sure the pool in beijing was "fast" wasnt it? but the pool is easier to explain iirc it was because of it being deeper reducing the forces in the water working against the swimmers

the track could be down to craftmanship, im sure they said there were 300k screws in it, you'd expect it to be the same materials though, im sure theyve also designed the building in a super scientific way so the pressure and temperature are bang on in there, so in terms of the timber moving its exactly where they want it to be, someone who has been there to watch might be able to explain that better

Â