Your Dealings With Police

maqroll

How would you assess your experiences involving law enforcement in your lifetime?

Perhaps a moderator could include a poll?

*Very Positive

*Somewhat Positive

*Neutral

*Somewhat Negative

*Very Negative

*Very Positive

But I'm not a confrontational person either. But as in any profession there are words removed there as well. Recent hockey games in Stockholm has been very messy largely due to the twatiness of the men in hard hats

I was recently ripped off to the tune of £660 as someone got hold of my new chequebook and wrote themselves a big cheque. The Police tracked them down and then did bugger all. The bank refunded me the money, the police said this person had agreed to pay the money back to the bank and that would be the end of it. During the whole thing I found the police to be very unprofessional. However, this was a quite monor crime, in a way I hope it was because they want to focus on more severe crimes. My real worry is though because they couldn't be ar$ed.

*Somewhat Negative

I've had a bit of *Somewhat Negative

and a bit of *Somewhat Positive

It depends on the situation and most importantly, the copper(s) involved.

It has the propensity to vary wildly from incident to incident and experience to experience.

pretty damn negative for me

once I got the living shits kicked out of me at 4 o'clock in the morning by some scumbag from kingstanding (I hadn't even had a drink by the way because it was the day before the start of the season and we were playing Liverpool and I didn't wanna start the season with a hangover)

anyway after my face met the arseholes rockport about 25 times and he ran off the police arrived and had a rite good laugh at the fact that my nose was broken, the fact that I was near unconcious the last thing you expect is to hear two police laughing at you because you have had your nose bost open through no fault of your own, the fact that I was rushed to hospital for brain scans didnt seem to bother them at all.

then there was the time I was arrested and accused of being D & D because someone tried to start a scrap on me

then there was the time (I was only a babby here, probably about 13) and I had my phone stolen from out of my hand and they found this rather humerous as well.

there are others but I cant remember them off the top of my head

oh yeah I was accused of attempting to rape a girl when she was drunk as well

Depends on the copper to be honest. My job brings me into contact with quite a lot of them, there is a huge difference.

I've seen PCSO's chatting calmly to a bloke with his car boot rammed full of drugs, the guy was sat on the curb, nice as pie. Then the clearings in the woods in the Volvo's show up and within 3 minutes they've provoked the bloke into decking one of the coppers and he's face down on the tarmac in cuffs. All totally unneccasary - and the sargent thought so too.

But then some of the folks in CAIU are the nicest guys I've ever me. Horses for courses I suppose.

A general rule - PC in uniform = clearing in the woods. Out of uniform = good bloke.

oh yeah I once stopped to help a girl who was getting battered by some bloke he ran off and she was blatently out of her face on pills or something and tried to walk in front of a bus, I stayed with her the police arrived and searched me and accused me of giving her drugs and gave me a right grilling and threatened to arrest me even though I was explaining that I had never met her before and stayed with her purely to stop her from doing any harm to herself, they really wound her up and she went to slap one of them at which point two coppers dragged her to the floor and arrested her, to say the were heavy handed would be a massive understatement.

all they needed to do was take her back throw her in a cell until she sorted herself out and then let her out in the morning but she probably ended up with being charged with assaulting an officer or something

oh yeah I once stopped to help a girl who was getting battered by some bloke he ran off and she was blatently out of her face on pills or something and tried to walk in front of a bus, I stayed with her the police arrived and searched me and accused me of giving her drugs and gave me a right grilling and threatened to arrest me even though I was explaining that I had never met her before and stayed with her purely to stop her from doing any harm to herself, they really wound her up and she went to slap one of them at which point two coppers dragged her to the floor and arrested her, to say the were heavy handed would be a massive understatement.

all they needed to do was take her back throw her in a cell until she sorted herself out and then let her out in the morning but she probably ended up with being charged with assaulting an officer or something

You are either really unlucky or have a face like a criminal.

Not sure which one. ;)

Pretty positive. Got arrested for fighting in my teens and even got a lift from the rozzers back to the house I was staying in the next morning.

Been mugged and they turned up very quickly and actually seemed interested in catching the perpetrators.

once I got the living shits kicked out of me at 4 o'clock in the morning by some scumbag from kingstanding (I hadn't even had a drink by the way because it was the day before the start of the season and we were playing Liverpool and I didn't wanna start the season with a hangover)

anyway after my face met the arseholes rockport about 25 times and he ran off the police arrived and had a rite good laugh at the fact that my nose was broken, the fact that I was near unconcious the last thing you expect is to hear two police laughing at you because you have had your nose bost open through no fault of your own, the fact that I was rushed to hospital for brain scans didnt seem to bother them at all.

then there was the time I was arrested and accused of being D & D because someone tried to start a scrap on me

then there was the time (I was only a babby here, probably about 13) and I had my phone stolen from out of my hand and they found this rather humerous as well.

You haven't slep with a policeman's wife as well have you? :winkold:

Not had much dealings with them, but been relatively positive.

Only bad experience was getting stopped in my car and being asked questions for about5 minutes for no apparent reason.

But I drive a golf and it was about 3 in the morning so I guess they were just stopping me on the off chance I was dodgy. They didn't do anything in the end so no real complaints.

You haven't slep with a policeman's wife as well have you? :winkold:

bwahaha

nah not as far as i'm aware anyway

just for the record they aint actually married

Fairly poor

I once got rammed off the road by another car who drove off and the police didnt want to even bother looking or putting a call out for the other car and his exact words were "you're lucky I dont do you for dangerous driving"

I used to have a Honda S2000 which was stripped down to its wheels and engine in my flat car park. They basically took everything including the seats, doors, side wings, bonnet, boot even the tax disc which I thought was a bit odd. The policeman said he wasnt going to look through the cctv footage as it would take too long!!! Given I'd just lost my car I wasnt best pleased with his attitude so I lost the plot and he then said "there's no need to get angry with me" ha ha ha idiot.

Ive found the police around football grounds a mixed bag they are either really sound and good for a laugh or completely up their own arse and desperate to assert some form of authority.

Â