Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Errr we also beat Chelsea under AVB, I think they are a different prospect now.

So are QPR. They've won 3 out of the last 5, have strikers who can score, and have shown they can beat the big teams. Plus it's a derby, anything can happen.

Chelsea 14 points from the last 6 game at home

QPR 1 point from the last 6 games away from home

We are in better form that Norwich at the moment and our home form is better than Spurs Away form

We are second from bottom in the form table, Wolves are bottom. So I'd love to know how our form is better than Norwich?

As you've just said, Chelsea have dropped 4 points at home in the last 6 games - if they drop another one tomorrow it could be the difference.

We are 17th in the form guide, Norwich, Blackburn and Wolves are behind us

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah fair enough, I've just looked and they are. But my point still stands, QPR have a great chance of getting something tomorrow.

They have a chance, I wouldnt say great chance, Chelsea need to win but will they have a hangover after Tuesday?

Yeah fair enough, I've just looked and they are. But my point still stands, QPR have a great chance of getting something tomorrow.

True but there away record is 11 points from 54, even we have more on 19 points from 57 away from hom

QPR have the worse away record in the league and they have to go to Chelsea and City who have won 16 from 17 at home

we will not win again this season.

unlikely to draw.

we are down.

I assume you've put your life savings on that to happen at Stan James then - you can still get 10-1 as of now from that bookies.

Only if you do on us staying up.

If anyone doubts that the fans have a part to play in this...then just watch the 2nd half again.

Was marked today listening to the Villa away support audibly UP their support of the team for the last 15 mins... it definitely lifted the players.

They were fighting for a win - in a team completely lacking confidence - but nevertheless prepared to do battle.

Forget talk of relegation V Spuds next week, we need to give it some welly and get some atmosphere back at Villa Park.

The way I'm looking at it is its between us and qpr. Can't see blackburn winning 2 out of 3 and wigan, on current form by proxy rule them out of going down, same for bolton.

If chelsea win tomorrow, qpr need to get 4 points from 2 games to overtake us, stoke will not be a given, and how many teams have beaten man city at home in the last 2 seasons?.

We NEED to win one of our last 2 games to be certain. I think we will go to carrow road needing to get something. We may go down, we might stay up. Either way

**** OFF MCLEISH!

If anyone doubts that the fans have a part to play in this...then just watch the 2nd half again.

Was marked today listening to the Villa away support audibly UP their support of the team for the last 15 mins... it definitely lifted the players.

They were fighting for a win - in a team completely lacking confidence - but nevertheless prepared to do battle.

Forget talk of relegation V Spuds next week, we need to give it some welly and get some atmosphere back at Villa Park.

Honestly think its a big reason we play better away because we have such good away support.

It's been shocking at home... Not that we should blame ourselves! They've not given us much to shout about but it definitely has an effect.

Wigan: 14/1 to go down

Villa: 7/1 to go down

Can't deny that Wigan have been playing superbly and fully deserve to be at those odds, however, it really does show just how poor we have been this season and also highlights how precarious our position is becoming.

Lets hope that QPR get turned over to day.

This is our final points total unless Lerner does the right thing and sacks mcliesh NOW to give us a boost.

If he keeps him for the last two games (and insane as it sounds it looks like he is) Then its pretty much out of our hands. All we can do is pray others fall down.

Norwich have let in 9 in their last 2 games at home, so I don't think Carrow Road is the fortress some think it is....

Against Man City & Liverpool, that are managed by attack minded managers. Our manager won't even get out of his seat so why should we expect our team to be brave enough to try to win?

Honestly think its a big reason we play better away because we have such good away support.

It's been shocking at home... Not that we should blame ourselves! They've not given us much to shout about but it definitely has an effect.

This is our final points total unless Lerner does the right thing and sacks mcliesh NOW to give us a boost.

If he keeps him for the last two games (and insane as it sounds it looks like he is) Then its pretty much out of our hands. All we can do is pray others fall down.

Norwich have let in 9 in their last 2 games at home, so I don't think Carrow Road is the fortress some think it is....

Against Man City & Liverpool, that are managed by attack minded managers. Our manager won't even get out of his seat so why should we expect our team to be brave enough to try to win?

He was wary of the Sniper in Row Z

Me too CI, think QPR could get a win.

My first concern is what team will Chelsea field ?

Second concern, anything 50/50 tackle wise I can see Chelsea players pulling out

I honestly can see QPR getting something from the game

I then see spurs smashing Blackburn now top 4 is on again and coming to villa park next Sunday back in the groove

We are not going down.

If Blackburn and QPR lose today we are all but safe. Blackburn would then be unable to overhaul us given our advantage in goal difference and QPR would have to beat Stoke at home and get something from the Etihad on the last day of the season. And that's without even considering Bolton and Wigan.

One thing that won't happen, even if we don't gain another point, is that we lose our two remaining games so heavily as to erode our key goal difference advantage over the others.

No we are not going down!