Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Enjoy your dirty, grubby, tainted winnings should we be relegated you ingrates. :)

I will still be as depressed as those that didn't bet just that I will have more money to spend on beer than they will and it will be courtesy of William Hill.

Shite firm to put the bet on at, Paddy Power are always the most generous with the odds, must have us at about 1000-1 to be relegated.

They might be called 'Paddy Power' but I doubt that they fall into the stereotype Irish bracket and the odds will be in their favour.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy your dirty, grubby, tainted winnings should we be relegated you ingrates. :)

Well that's your opinion. Apart from the odd time on the National about 20 years ago I don't bet ever so much so I had to ask the bloke behind counter to put the bet on so its hardly endemic for me

Personally I have spent a lot money in the last decade or so supporting the club I love so I have been putting my money where my mouth is however good or bad we have been. Added to that regardless of how shit we have been this season, except for holidays, my son and I have dutifully trooped up to Villa Park to watch the dross that has been served up. I will there tomorrow and Tuesday and for the Spurs game supporting the team to the hilt.

My decision to bet on us being relegated does not me a better or worse fan than anyone else nor is any fan who chooses not to go to games any better or worse than a fan that goes every week. All it is a very sad condemnation of how far we as a club have fallen.

As i said in my original post I hope I lose my money but if the worst does happen I will have a free ride in the Championship which will help temper the excitement of Peterborough on a freezing cold Tuesday evening.

If we don't sack McLeish in those circumstances I won't be renewing my tickets anyway and Marie Curie will be £1,200 better off. I'm sure they won't see the money as being too 'tainted'. :)

QPR 2 home wins and a win at CI£y

Fancy a friendly wager on that one?

I'm also offering generous odds on Chas n Dave lighting the olympic flame

yes, lay down your odds, proceeds can go to Acorns

Too easy, I'll give you 20-1 on QPR and 100-1 on Chas n Dave take your pick.

Done, £20 to acorns if QPR don't win 3 of their last 4

If they do, you owe me £400, which I will then personally take to the acorns CEO

That's an easy £20 thrown away. You could have sponsored me with that. :D

CI, when you lose give the 20 quid to Briggaman.

Should be done and dusted by the time I wake up tomorrow.

I was very tempted to stick £100 on us losing at Old Trafford. Foolishley decided against it. Could've been the easiest 50p I'd ever made.

You could have put your life savings on it ....it would have been safe.

I dont see a problem with betting on Villa to go own. I have done it the last 2 seasons. I suppose I would be lying if I said there wasnt an element of 'no lose' situation but Id also be lying if I said Id prefer to win the bet.

However, I would never place a bet if I didnt believe it could happen. And I still do.

That said, a draw today and losses for 2 of Blackburn, Bolton and QPR would probably sneak us through.

We beat Bolton, we are 100% safe. Spurs beat QPR and we draw to Bolton and it would look like this...

Aston Villa 35 -13 37

Wigan 35 -26 34

QPR 35 -19 31

Blackburn 35 -26 31

Bolton 34 -29 31

Wolves 34 -39 23

Don't think too many sees survival as an achievement - but a lot is just happy that it looks like we are OK after all. A lot of the young ones will have benifited from this season. Lets hope we can build a team around them. Lichaj, Baker, Herd etc. looks OK. We need to add some quality, but the basics are there.

To go high in the league - we need a new owner or change of policy.

When are the new rules coming in about home grown players? I think a bunch of kids surviving in the Premiership for a season is great experience but what's the point if we just sell off all our prospects.

The way I see it at the moment, the second mcleish starts signing players, next season we are going down.

He has no inspiration. F%$king hate that guy.