Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I agrre with MANTIS, but I have us down for Zero Wins, 2 Losses & 4 Draws, Sunderland, Bolton, West Brom and Norwich. If we score more than 6 in outr remaining games I'll be amazed.

But I have a feeling the Old Trafford could be a shock result, anything less than 5-0 will be that shock.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have enough of a gap now (7 points) to be ok this season...but I really fear for us next season if McLeish is in charge, especially when he's had more chance to 'stamp his authority on the team' *shudders*

7 points is a decent gap. It could be 4 by weds if things go bad. 1 by sat if it's worse. The teams below us haven't won many games all season. They have to win 3 to over take us or 2 and draw 2 in hope we fail to get any points.

We will lose to united. We just have to keep the scoring as low as possible. If we can scrape one more win we'll be good!

A few days ago I said that anything less than 3 points from the Liverpool and Stoke games is unacceptable.

Well only 2 points have been achieved from those games and it is most unacceptable.

Time for McLeish to go now.

It's a very sad state of affairs when we are talking about Aston Villa needing to get to 38 points to be safe from relegation!! What an absolute shambles this season has been. I honestly cannot see us winning another game this season as the Bolton's of this world will come to Villa Park and outfight us, as will MONderland. We have zero creativity and they will get the ball into our penalty box as often as they can. I predict another draw. Hopefully Randy will tap up the right man for the job when we go to Carrow Road for the last game of the season.

If we don't win two more games, it will be the worst league record of Aston Villa FC in our HISTORY

Seriously?!

no, we were relegated bottom in 1986 with 36 points and 8 wins. we currently have 35 points and 7 wins.

If we don't win two more games, it will be the worst league record of Aston Villa FC in our HISTORY

Seriously?!

no, we were relegated bottom in 1986 with 36 points and 8 wins. we currently have 35 points and 7 wins.

So we need 2 points not 2 wins plus that was 42 not 38 games

Seriously?!

So we need 2 points not 2 wins plus that was 42 not 38 games

yeah,

I forgot there were 42 games back then. wasnt there a promotion/relegation play off back in those days too???

7 points clear with 18 points to play for

for us to go down, 3 of these 4 things need to happen:

wigan to get 8 points more from united, arsenal, fulham, newcastle, blackburn and wolves than villa get from united, sunderland, bolton, west brom, spurs and norwich - likelihood: 0%

blackburn to get 8 points more from liverpool, swansea, norwich, spurs, wigan and chelsea than villa get from united, sunderland, bolton, west brom, spurs and norwich - likelihood: 80%

QPR to get 8 more points from swansea, west brom, spurs, chelsea, stoke and man city than villa get from united, sunderland, bolton, west brom, spurs and norwich - likelihood: 10%

bolton to get 7 more points from swansea, villa, sunderland, spurs, west brom and stoke than villa get from united, sunderland, bolton, west brom, spurs and norwich - likelihood: 50%

we're safe

we might finish 17th, but we won't finish any lower

I would love to know what your basing the likelihoods on.

You have given 80% to blackburn who have lost there last 3 yet 0% for Wigan who should be unbeaten in 4, but for some very dodgy refereeing.

im basing it on the likelihood of it happening. you don't get points for bad refereeing decisions

where do you see wigan getting 8 points more than us (not 8 points, 8 more than we manage) from united, arsenal, fulham, newcastle, blackburn and wolves exactly? they'll get nothing from united, arsenal and newcastle, barring a miracle. they'll probably beat wolves on the last day, but do you see them also beating fulham and blackburn? that's if we lose every game too, if we draw 2 more they'll need TEN points from all those games

that's not going to happen

and if it does, we'd also need 2 of the other 3 to pick up 8/7 more than us (depending on the team), but blackburn play wigan, which they can't both win

I would love to know what your basing the likelihoods on.

You have given 80% to blackburn who have lost there last 3 yet 0% for Wigan who should be unbeaten in 4, but for some very dodgy refereeing.

im basing it on the likelihood of it happening. you don't get points for bad refereeing decisions

where do you see wigan getting 8 points more than us (not 8 points, 8 more than we manage) from united, arsenal, fulham, newcastle, blackburn and wolves exactly? they'll get nothing from united, arsenal and newcastle, barring a miracle. they'll probably beat wolves on the last day, but do you see them also beating fulham and blackburn? that's if we lose every game too, if we draw 2 more they'll need TEN points from all those games

that's not going to happen

and if it does, we'd also need 2 of the other 3 to pick up 8/7 more than us (depending on the team), but blackburn play wigan, which they can't both win

I dont see where they will get them from but at the same time where do you see Blackburn getting points from?

Your analysis says that if the remaining 6 fixtures were played out 10 times, Blackburn would finish above us a whopping 8 times out of those 10. I just have absolutely no idea whats behind your thinking here?