Premier League Aston Villa 1-0 Fulham

Sat 10 Mar

Premier League Blackburn 1-1 Aston Villa

Sat 3 Mar

Premier League Wigan 0-0 Aston Villa

Sat 25 Feb

Premier League Aston Villa 0-1 Man City

Sun 12 Feb

So, after RBD got injured against Citeh, we kept a clean sheet the very next game, away at Wigan with a load of kids playing. WE then conceded just the 1 away at Blackburn to get another draw. Next game after that, another clean sheet, and a 1-0 win.

Then we've played 2 form teams from the top end of the table, 1 away and 1 at home, both of which we would expect to concede goals in, and not win, especially given the loss of Carlos for the Chelsea game and the amount of kids we had playing.

So Yes, IMO things have looked considerably better defensively since RBD got injured.

Again, you emphasise defensively. I'm on about results. We have 1pt per game since Dunne got injured. That's against a fairly wide spectrum of PL sides. 2 relegation candidates, 1 midtable side and 2 CL chasing sides. Up to that point, even including the game against Man Citeh, we were averaging more than 1pt per game. 28pts in 25 games. Now while that's not much, it does show that I'm right. Even if we were doing exactly the same 'PPG' i.e. 1 point per game, it still stands that since Dunne left, our results have not improved.

And that is hugely exacerbated by the fact that all of this has happened at a stage in the season when lower sides DO improve their results, meaning we are now knee deep in a relegation battle.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of our games can be drawn and even won if fortune favours us. We only need one win and a draw to be completely safe..

I'd love to see how you compute that, as I honestly have no **** idea.

2 games ago we were 11 points clear of the bottom three, now we are 5 points clear of all but Wolves. So, four teams have gained 6 points each on us.

Now, say we pick up 4 points, as you suggest. We are 9 points clear and those teams chasing have 21 to play for. Consider that most are experienced in end-of-season dogfighting and they are charging at us like bulls in china shops, I fail to grasp your confidence.

We need a minimum of 42 points. I can see Bolton AND Blackburn getting there. It only takes one of Wigan and QPR to win a couple now and we are in shit street...

Most of our games can be drawn and even won if fortune favours us. We only need one win and a draw to be completely safe..

I'd love to see how you compute that, as I honestly have no **** idea.

2 games ago we were 11 points clear of the bottom three, now we are 5 points clear of all but Wolves. So, four teams have gained 6 points each on us.

Now, say we pick up 4 points, as you suggest. We are 9 points clear and those teams chasing have 21 to play for. Consider that most are experienced in end-of-season dogfighting and they are charging at us like bulls in china shops, I fail to grasp your confidence.

We need a minimum of 42 points. I can see Bolton AND Blackburn getting there. It only takes one of Wigan and QPR to win a couple now and we are in shit street...

Minimum 42 points to survive. Please behave. So the bottom lot excluding Wolves are just going to get 14 points from the final 7 games. :lol:

Wigan - 8 points from 12

Blackburn - 6 points from 12

QPR - 6 points from 12

Bolton - 9 points from 12

Villa - 4 points from 12

From that, it's fairly conceivable that Wigan and Bolton will catch us. Blackburn, while shit, can put a performance in when required, and QPR have just done that by beating an in-form Arsenal.

Do you think we are safe? What do you think Wigan and Bolton are capable of?

I know at this stage of the season results get unpredictable and teams at the bottom gain more points but we only need 2 of the chasing pack NOT to overtake us, bearing in mind Wolves are well adrift. There is no way 4 of the chsing pack will all go on a champions league points per game ratio run in the final leg of the season.

The club is not safe yet, but there is just no way 42 points is needed. As I have stated before we only need 4 more points to guarantee prem football at villa park for next season. Wigan and Bolton will both get mid 30s points totals (34 to 37)

Wigan - 8 points from 12

Blackburn - 6 points from 12

QPR - 6 points from 12

Bolton - 9 points from 12

I'm losing the plot here. On your second set of figures, that would end up

Bolton - 38 points

Wigan - 36 points

QPR - 34 points

Blackburn - 34 points.

So why do we need 42 points "minimum"?? (not that I would object to us getting 42 points of course :winkold: )

Don't forget as well that, unless there are some extraordinary scorelines, we effectively have a point over our rivals because our goal difference is so much better. So, if your second set of prognostications is right, we could most likely stay up with just one more point - not that I would encourage the manager and team to test it out... :angry:

We are deep in the shit, the only game I feel that we have a chance is the Bolton game at VP but as we are really poor even that's a worry.

I see nothing but loses from all of the other games on current form, maybe something will click and we get the breaks but 7 wins all season is screaming relegation.

I have tried to switch off and look away but I can't, **** shit bollocks!!

Premier League Aston Villa 2-4 Chelsea

Sat 31 Mar

Premier League Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

Sat 24 Mar

Sat 10 Mar

Sat 3 Mar

Sat 25 Feb

Sun 12 Feb

So, after RBD got injured against Citeh, we kept a clean sheet the very next game, away at Wigan with a load of kids playing. WE then conceded just the 1 away at Blackburn to get another draw. Next game after that, another clean sheet, and a 1-0 win.

Then we've played 2 form teams from the top end of the table, 1 away and 1 at home, both of which we would expect to concede goals in, and not win, especially given the loss of Carlos for the Chelsea game and the amount of kids we had playing.

So Yes, IMO things have looked considerably better defensively since RBD got injured.

Imagine if we hadnt of beat Fulham :shock:

I would go with this:

15th - Bolton

16th - Blackburn

17th - Villa

18th - Wigan

19th - QPR

20th - Wolves

That all relies on Villa getting at least 3 points and QPR or Wigan not picking up 3 against one of the big teams.

Anybody else at that point where you want to throw something out the window and then run into the back garden and scream?

No, me neither - but i think on the day we get relegated I will laugh, and then carry out the above...

Premier League Aston Villa 2-4 Chelsea

Sat 31 Mar

Premier League Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

Sat 24 Mar

Sat 10 Mar

Sat 3 Mar

Sat 25 Feb

Sun 12 Feb

Imagine if we hadnt of beat Fulham :shock:

But they did. Flukey as it was, it was a win.

Its all become a bit of a catch-22 situation, where we're all desperate to stay up, but the likelihood is that in doing so it could mean McClot is still in situ come next season.

Having said that, I fancy we'll pick up the necessary points for survival, including a couple of nervy scraper wins against the Boggies and S'land/Bolton. It won't be like finishing with a flourish, but I can't believe this side is incapable of getting a third of the points left. Are they?