Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sneaked on the other forums for a browse today when I could'nt get on here. Its the same everywhere, they just dont want this usless clearing in the woods managing our club. I could'nt find a possitive fan, even on H&V.

This time last season Small Heath had 30 points from 26 games!

We currently have 29 points from 26 games!!

They ended up with 39 what point are you making?

Is it not relevant that we have less points at the same stage of the season, a late stage at that, as a team that are now in the championship? With the same manager no less and only 12 months later.

Is that not disturbing?

If we finish the season on 38 points, which at this stage would take a monumental turnaround in form, is that good enough?

We are certainly one of the worst teams to watch in the league sadly. Pretty much all our tv games have been dreadful to watch.

I don't watch the games anymore if they're on TV, I can't even remember which game it was now but I just got up and switched the TV off. The second half had only just kicked off!

Good enough for what? To stay up, I would put my house on it. How are 3 from the bottom five going to get 18 points when they all have to play each other and top 5 teams. That's a monumental turnaround.

Good enough for Aston Villa, no it's not, not by a long way.

Good enough for what? To stay up, I would put my house on it. How are 3 from the bottom five going to get 18 points when they all have to play each other and top 5 teams. That's a monumental turnaround.

Good enough for Aston Villa, no it's not, not by a long way.

There we have it, the answer to your question.

Whilst it's worrying times at the moment, i think we'll survive as long as we don't lose to either Bolton or Blackburn. If we pick up a t least a point in each of those games it maintains the gap between us and them with fewer games to play.

Lose on Saturday and we really are in the plop though.

Villa are in very serious danger of being relegated and the quicker the fans get used to that possibility the better. Failure to beat Blackburn on Saturday and we slide yet further towards the relegation zone.

I have come to the conclusion that, apart from the fans, pretty much everything about the club is rotten and wrong.

My last shred of respect for Lerner disappeared when we announced a £52m loss. However you dress that up in screams mismanagement and incompetence from the owner and the board.

Faulkner seems to me to be completely out of his depth as Chief Executive.

McLeish is the worst manager in the PL by a country mile. We still have a half decent squad and he has managed to make them utterly useless. I for one am sick of the utter bollocks he spouts to us as fans and the media. He is completely out of his depth. We know it, he knows it, but sadly the owner does not.

Far too many of the players do not show enough commitment to the cause. I know the vast majority of them are simply mercenaries who have no love of the club but you would have thought professional pride would have meant many of them would have delivered a little more.

Lerner the 'model' foreign owner. What a **** joke that has turned out to be. Its seems to me his stewardship of the club is a bit like the old Spitting Image sketch about Robert Maxwell when everything he touches turns into shit.

My last shred of respect for Lerner disappeared when we announced a £52m loss. However you dress that up in screams mismanagement and incompetence from the owner and the board.

you lost more respect when you realised that he is actually keeping the club afloat with his own cash

you lost more respect when you realised that he is actually keeping the club afloat with his own cash

The incompetence lies in the financial mismanagement that means that is now a necessity.

McLeish is the worst manager in the PL by a country mile. We still have a half decent squad and he has managed to make them utterly useless. I for one am sick of the utter bollocks he spouts to us as fans and the media. He is completely out of his depth. We know it, he knows it, but sadly the owner does not.

Of course Randy Lerner knows McLeish is utterly inept as manager for this club. However, the foundation of his decision is not known to anyone on this board. Was McLeish just hired as a man one could easily fire in one year? That has been my opinion all along. Steady the ship and then fork him out. Then it comes to the main thing; why would Lerner have such an idea from the start?

Either he just wanted this season to be exactly that, just performing at bare minimum to stay up and probably clear up deadwood in the summer. Start fresh, balance the books a bit and lower expectations. Then fire McLeish and hire someone new who would bring some excitement back to our club, because come next summer we will enjoy everyone other than McLeish. OR, his plan was all along to sell up and in the meantime just make our prospectus more flattering to a new investor/owner. We can easily get rid of many players in the summer, McLeish could be fired in a second because no-one would miss him, the squad would be thin and thus a new manager could build his own team instantly without putting too much energy towards selling 20 players like City had to.

Anyway, I do not think McLeish will be here next season. He is simply a puppet in the process, someone who would never argue with anything and then take his hat and leave this place when told so. If a new owner came in and we had a semi-good manager on a 4-year contract they would struggle to just sack him. Let's say we had Mark Hughes on good money, and we did pretty well this season.... they would have to let him stay on - like Ranieri when Abramovich took over Chelsea. This is me hoping of course.

I am just a believer of logic, especially in business. Why would Lerner keep Villa in his portfolio when we are losing money, he is never here to see us play, Birmingham is a shithole compared to New York and everywhere else in the States where he can do business, he had struggled to get a good team after spending a lot of money and he clearly has lost interest in the whole project.

I am pretty sure he will sell up within a short period time, every factor leads to that conclusion.

- So why did we spend some money in the summer? To avoid relegation, to please the fans somewhat, to act like everything is normal

- And why would he reject claims about a takeover? To avoid media frenzy, competition from other club owners, to keep a low profile and to keep the players on their toes

Of course Randy Lerner knows McLeish is utterly inept as manager for this club. However, the foundation of his decision is not known to anyone on this board. Was McLeish just hired as a man one could easily fire in one year? That has been my opinion all along. Steady the ship and then fork him out. Then it comes to the main thing; why would Lerner have such an idea from the start?

Either he just wanted this season to be exactly that, just performing at bare minimum to stay up and probably clear up deadwood in the summer. Start fresh, balance the books a bit and lower expectations. Then fire McLeish and hire someone new who would bring some excitement back to our club, because come next summer we will enjoy everyone other than McLeish. OR, his plan was all along to sell up and in the meantime just make our prospectus more flattering to a new investor/owner. We can easily get rid of many players in the summer, McLeish could be fired in a second because no-one would miss him, the squad would be thin and thus a new manager could build his own team instantly without putting too much energy towards selling 20 players like City had to.

Anyway, I do not think McLeish will be here next season. He is simply a puppet in the process, someone who would never argue with anything and then take his hat and leave this place when told so. If a new owner came in and we had a semi-good manager on a 4-year contract they would struggle to just sack him. Let's say we had Mark Hughes on good money, and we did pretty well this season.... they would have to let him stay on - like Ranieri when Abramovich took over Chelsea. This is me hoping of course.

I am just a believer of logic, especially in business. Why would Lerner keep Villa in his portfolio when we are losing money, he is never here to see us play, Birmingham is a shithole compared to New York and everywhere else in the States where he can do business, he had struggled to get a good team after spending a lot of money and he clearly has lost interest in the whole project.

I am pretty sure he will sell up within a short period time, every factor leads to that conclusion.

- So why did we spend some money in the summer? To avoid relegation, to please the fans somewhat, to act like everything is normal

- And why would he reject claims about a takeover? To avoid media frenzy, competition from other club owners, to keep a low profile and to keep the players on their toes

Top post. :thumb:

Whether or not your right...we will see.

There has to be a reason Mcleish was hired, there just has to be. I firmly believe that no man of sound mind would hire a relegated manager from your rivals who is known for poor football. There just must be some sort of reason he was hired.

You would have to be a complete idiot to hire Mcleish. A complete Cretin. Mental. Deluded. Pick one.

The only thing that worries me though is that Lerner has been doing this at the Browns for years. They are consistently an embarrasment in the NFL and have hired poor managers in the past.

You have two options really. Either,

Lerner hired Mcleish because of the reasons you stated above (easy to get rid of etc.)

or

Lerner is a complete **** idiot.

Im leaning towards the latter.

This time last season Small Heath had 30 points from 26 games!

We currently have 29 points from 26 games!!

They ended up with 39 what point are you making?

It speaks volumes about MCleish and it speaks volumes about just how abysmal Villa are as a footballing side.

In the years ive seen Villa i,d say this is well up there with the O Leary thing and its obvious MCleish is there for the money as it was obvious he would be hated from day one.

The theisis about selling up just does not fit when considering the performances and league positioning, unless, of course, he wants to sell up at a dumping price.

Surely anyone would choose to hype the club up the table to get a decent price, even though the original buying price was vastly undervalued.

As for McCliesh being manager next season, I just cannot see it. Still, was able to get rid of some expensive dead wood.

Wonder if that is the real strategy here? I mean no one could understand why Lerner employed him, we knew we were short of dosh I wonder if Lerner had some mega bucks on us to go down at the start of the season when we were 20-1 or something and intends to put the winnings back into team building?

Ulver,

I got in at 20-1! I saw that B365 had it for a few hours after the Wigan game...

I never win bets, so hopefully my luck continues...a tenner is a small price to keep us in the Prem!