Favourite chocolate bar!

Chindie

Whats your favourite chocolate bar?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favourite chocolate bar?

• Snickers
    • Mars
    • Twix
    • Dairy Milk Fruit and nut
    • Aero
    • Toffee Crisp
    • Turkish Delight
    • Galaxy

This poll is closed to new votes

On 29/08/2023 at 11:06, Demitri_C said:

Man i love retro packaging. So much better than the boring ones we have now

they are but at the same time i can see what we have now in terms of production and then also brand identity and things like that

there's about 16 different cadburys products there and several different sizes, colours, fonts, even logos

you can see why they do what they do today

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

Treets were the pre cursor to peanut m&ms weren’t they?

Loved them as a kid and I could never remember the name.

Yep. 'Treets melt in your mouth, not in your hand' was the slightly odd marketing slogan. 

9 hours ago, luckyeddie said:

I always thought that was Minstrels, but it looks like they ripped off Treets.

The same slogan was used for M&Ms (in the US) in the 1950s, Treets in the 1960s and Minstrels in the 1980s. 

• Like 1

I do not know what Nestlé are messing about at but Kit Kat has turned nasty. Chocolate is messed up, wafer not got the right crispness. It's totally ruined. Why do they do this? 

“Right are we all here then?”

”Wait a second, Twix hasn’t turned up.”

”Oh bloody hell, it’s going to take ages for them to get here and get up to speed for this chocolate selection box.”

”Well, we need someone else to fill the space at short notice. Any ideas?”

”Could M&Ms get here in time?”

”No we need someone here right now. Frankly we’d take anyone.”

<knock at the door>

”Hi guys, sorry to interrupt, just wanted to say a quick hello to you guys in the chocolate department. No reason why we shouldn’t all hang about more.”

”No, not at all Opal Fruits. Come on in, have a seat. There’s something you could help us with as it goes…”

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

“Right are we all here then?”

”Wait a second, Twix hasn’t turned up.”

”Oh bloody hell, it’s going to take ages for them to get here and get up to speed for this chocolate selection box.”

”Well, we need someone else to fill the space at short notice. Any ideas?”

”Could M&Ms get here in time?”

”No we need someone here right now. Frankly we’d take anyone.”

<knock at the door>

”Hi guys, sorry to interrupt, just wanted to say a quick hello to you guys in the chocolate department. No reason why we shouldn’t all hang about more.”

”No, not at all Opal Fruits. Come on in, have a seat. There’s something you could help us with as it goes…”

Pre-1967 possibly?

• 2 months later...
On 08/11/2023 at 17:37, Demitri_C said:

Nestle discontinuing Caramac bars.

Probably because cadburys have a similar one

As someone who eats his body weight in chocolate a week , the Cadbury caramel bar is vile , the milky bar version is slightly better as they put some biscuit crumbs in it 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

As someone who eats his body weight in chocolate as week , the Cadbury caramel bar is vile , the milky bar version is slightly better as they put some biscuit crumbs in it 

I quite like the button version. But yeah its not the best wont be long until cadburys gets rid.

When they bringing vice versas back?!

My dislike of Caramac goes back to childhood. I once ate one and shortly afterwards threw up. Probably caused by a stomach bug and not the bar, but it made no difference, it resulted in a bad association with the taste, and a lasting aversion. The sight/smell of it still makes me queasy. 

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My dislike of Caramac goes back to childhood. I once ate one and shortly afterwards threw up. Probably caused by a stomach bug and not the bar, but it made no difference, it resulted in a bad association with the taste, and a lasting aversion. The sight/smell of it still makes me queasy. 

I've a bunch of friends who have exactly the same issue with Archers Peach Schnapps mixed with Vodka and Orange juice. 

In their case the throwing up most definitely was linked to the consumption of said drink. 

Me? I'm fine with it as I'll just drink beer as I did that night as I'm not a **** idiot. 

Edited by sidcow

Â