Gaming 2012

packoman

Yeah i played that too, its just one big QTE. I was expecting a sort of cross between Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta but its nowt like either. Not impressed at all tbh.

See, I **** love a good QTE, so a game full of them is :notworthy:

I hate QTEs. They're shite.

I was starting to get a slight bit of hype for Street Fighter x Tekken. And then Capcom announced 5 Sony exclusive characters. And then rumours began circulating that there could be upto £40 of day 1 DLC, possibly including day one character DLC.

If that all comes to pass, Capcom's reputation for screwing over consumers on the DLC front will take a step up to the next level of idiocy.

• 4 weeks later...
I hate QTEs. They're shite.

Couldn't agree more, can't stand the bastards, completely take me out of being immersed in the experience and they're just boring.

It's the only downside to Uncharted for me. An amazing series of games that I love, but those damn QTEs just keep popping up.

So needless to say I shan't be getting Asura's Wrath, I played the demo and was bored out of my mind. I did think of playing it again just to count the amount of times the characters screamed as they unleashed an attack. Cliché, over the top garbage.

KOA:Reckoning was a fun little demo though, if not a little overwhelming what with the constant loot drops. I can see why they did it in the demo since it's showing prospective players all the different kind of gear you can get but if the real game bombards you with new items every 30 seconds then it'd get a bit dull for me. It reminds me of Fable in the gameplay, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but there was never much to it for me. The combat system is no Demon's/Dark Souls, let's put it that way.

Wanted to get Borderlands. Might be worth picking up the GOTY edition now it's cheap. Would most people recommend it? Graphics look mental.

Great to play with a friend, as a single player it might start to feel like a grind but I loved it.

----------------------------------------

More Hitman Absolution trailers today. A release date has been rumoured for May but considering that's 2-3 months away I'm expecting more like August.

Got to be the game I'm most excited for this year.

I can't help it, I'm getting hyped for SFxT. Damn you Capcom, damn you - you **** us all in the arse and we love you for it.

I'm not sure it's a day and date purchase mind - ME3 clash.

Not covinced at all by GW2 and people seem to be overhyping it big time. I certainly won't be buying it.

Tera is the next MMO I'll be playing. It's been pretty good thus far in the beta.

Has anyone played Journey yet? If so, is it any good?

I haven't. I doubt most people have other than press as its not out just yet.

Judging by the reviews though, its said to be something very special.

Â