Gaming 2012

packoman

In other news, after Ubisoft and EA, Capcom are the latest publisher telling GAME to **** off. You won't be able to buy Streetfigher X Tekken or Asura's Wrath from any GAME Group owned stores.

Oh dear.

**** hell, am I going to be able to trade in games ever again?

I'm quite cynical about ME3 review scores currently. The last week has seen a lot of negative feeling start to roll out about it and, after that demo, I ain't convinced it's wrong.

It was never going to stand up to 2, but I've been hearing a lot people being a bit nonplussed by it, complaining it's become increasingly streamlined from RPG to straight up cover shooter, even when played in the full Role-Play option for gameplay.

These are some scores so far:

Eurogamer 10

Game Informer 10

IGN 9.5

CVG 9.4

Giant Bomb 4/5

Distructoid 8.5

Gamesradar 9/10

Gametrailers 9.5

Gamespot 9

I'd like to know how the PS3 version shapes up, as I'm a little torn between that and the PC version. I played ME 1+2 on PC and fancy a change of controls, etc. A bit annoying that it's barely been mentioned at all. IGN didn't mention any extra PS frame rate issues, both PS and Xbox version suffer frame rate drops in heavy combat, but nothing to be put off about. The demo, it seems, was an older script. They did mention a PS 'falling through floor' bug that happened once or twice, but should be easily fixed.

I have Journey to play when I get home today - but I'll also have ME3, so it'll probably have to wait. Quite eager to get into it and see what the fuss is about though.

PS+ has been pretty unrelenting at throwing games at me in the last few weeks, Simpsons Arcade I played through once, then there's Sly Raccoon HD, Trine 2, all the episodes of Back to the Future, Arc the Lad, and Resi 2 & 3, which I havent touched yet - all of which were 'free'.

And in regards to ME3 - I wouldnt really be surprised if its worse then 2, which in turn I felt was worse than 1. Regardless, I'll still have a blast with it, I'm sure.

Journey is **** incredible. The online play is perfectly implemented, its quite a strange thing how attached you get to this other player who you can only communicate with via a kind of whistle. It's nice to see their name at the end of the game, it reveals who you encountered during your 'journey'. I found the atmosphere to be quite reminiscent of Shadow of the Colossus and Ico - shrouded in mystery, occasionally dark in tone, moody, and just an absoloute joy. It is short though - very very short, probably, I'm not quite sure how long it took me from start to finish as I didn't notice the time when I started. But MAN, if ever a game could be considered as art, this is it, in a similar way to Flower before it. Difference is Journey actually holds alot more gameplay than Flower, which was pretty and all, but honestly a little boring. Journey just sweeps you up for 2 hours or so and you just don't want to leave until its over. Magical stuff.

In other news, after Ubisoft and EA, Capcom are the latest publisher telling GAME to **** off. You won't be able to buy Streetfigher X Tekken or Asura's Wrath from any GAME Group owned stores.

Oh dear.

**** hell, am I going to be able to trade in games ever again?

GAME are ****, aren't they? But seriously, how bad are their trade deals? I feel like a tit every time I even think about using them. And they sell for close to retail price for most games, unless they've really bombed and no-one wants them. At least at my local store. And their deals are pretty crap most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone tried I Am Alive? A review I read was pretty decent, considering it had been in developmental hell for so long

Supposed to be decent if underwhelming. A mix of decent combat, limited exploration and shaky climbing mechanics. Quite hard as well I think, with a few unfair deaths littered around.

I cant be arsed to try the trial so I dont think ill ever play it myself but it looks fairly decent. Have a look on gametrailers, while their reviews are crap it always gives you a good look at what its like.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-i-am-alive/727764

Anyone tried I Am Alive? A review I read was pretty decent, considering it had been in developmental hell for so long

Supposed to be decent if underwhelming. A mix of decent combat, limited exploration and shaky climbing mechanics. Quite hard as well I think, with a few unfair deaths littered around.

I cant be arsed to try the trial so I dont think ill ever play it myself but it looks fairly decent. Have a look on gametrailers, while their reviews are crap it always gives you a good look at what its like.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-i-am-alive/727764

It looks right up my alley tbh. I bought it yesterday (PS3) but have heard that although it mostly holds up well in terms of the fact it was in development hell for a long time, the end portion is apparently rushed and somewhat unfinished.

crappy generic anime-style

Speaking of which...:D

cdb06_tales_of_graces_f_03.jpg

Tales of Grace f inbound on PS3 later in the year, but considering getting the US version early. Looks lolitastic, man. Havent played a Tales game since Symphonia on the Gamecube, but am well prepared to go out of my way to play a decent RPG on PS3.

• 3 weeks later...
Â