Gaming 2012

packoman

sony announced at CES that they wouldnt be releasing any details of the ps4 this year so that xmas 2013 at the earliest and they said the ps3 was designed to last 10 years, id be surprised if they dont squeeze in another killzone and GoW

I'd take all of that with a pinch of salt. Yes, the PS3 was designed to last for ten years, but so was the PS2, and it did, but Sony still released the PS3 five years after the PS2 launched. You can still buy PS2 games now, FIFA 12 came out on PS2 which confirms the ten year shelf life.

A PS3 will be a discounted £100 machine when the PS4 comes out just like the PS2 was when the PS3 got released, and they will live along side each other until people stop buying PS3's.

Sony have to react to Microsoft. They are getting destroyed in North America by the 360 and a lot of that was due to Microsoft getting a year head start on the current gen. I dont think Sony will want that to happen again. That said, I still think 2013 will be the year the new machines come out. Whether they get announced at E3 this summer is will be interesting to watch, because announcing a new machine at the same show as you traditionally announce the Xmas lineup of games for your current system will hurt sales, wont it? But if you dont announce and the other guys do then you just got spectacularly upstaged.

Next Medal of Honor? Maybe EA are going to alternate between MOH and Battlefield?

one of the bods high up at GAME supposedly dropped a bollock a couple of days ago by announcing on twitter he'd just come out of a meeting with EA talking about plans for MoH2 and (unsurprisingly) NFS 13 both out for xmas

Next Medal of Honor? Maybe EA are going to alternate between MOH and Battlefield?

one of the bods high up at GAME supposedly dropped a bollock a couple of days ago by announcing on twitter he'd just come out of a meeting with EA talking about plans for MoH2 and (unsurprisingly) NFS 13 both out for xmas

Hopefully the next Need for Speed game will be made by Criterion, as Hot Pursuit was ace.

I guess Starcraft II: heart of the swarm and Diablo 3 (never played a Diablo game before, but feel familiar with the lore because of all the crossover stuff with World of Warcraft) are on my list too. But will Blizzard put both of those out in the same calendar year?

Anybody know much about Kingdoms of Amalur?? Never heard of it before but saw a preview last night and it looks very good. Sort of a cross between Dragon Age and Dark Souls. Downloaded the demo last night before i went to sleep so didnt have time to play but ill have a go later. Its out at the start of next month.

In typical Stevo fashion, in 2012 I'm looking forward to playing Gears of War 3, F1 2011, Skyward Sword and Bioshock 2 :D

Similar story with me, I love being way behind on games. Over the last few months I have got through some great games from a few years back - Uncharted 1 & 2, Batman - Aslyum & City, Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2.

I have a PS3 at the moment. My plan for 2012 is to buy an Xbox (next month) and purchase the Gears Of War series, Halo and Forza, can't wait.

Anybody know much about Kingdoms of Amalur?? Never heard of it before but saw a preview last night and it looks very good. Sort of a cross between Dragon Age and Dark Souls. Downloaded the demo last night before i went to sleep so didnt have time to play but ill have a go later. Its out at the start of next month.

Played the demo - My initial reaction is that it seems like it could be quite a bit of fun, however, it's not remotely original and I wouldn't expect anything ground breaking. It plays exactly like an MMO, but it's single player (collect herbs/profession reagents, MMO style talent speccing, stuff like that) ,the art style is very similar to Warcraft and it's generally very cliche characters/story, etc.

That said, the combat is smooth and flows great, tons of special moves and specs to play around with. Lots of button bashing in the early stages but that'll change later on, the combat is sort of feels like God of War.

Played the demo - My initial reaction is that it seems like it could be quite a bit of fun, however, it's not remotely original and I wouldn't expect anything ground breaking. It plays exactly like an MMO, but it's single player (collect herbs/profession reagents, MMO style talent speccing, stuff like that) ,the art style is very similar to Warcraft and it's generally very cliche characters/story, etc.

That said, the combat is smooth and flows great, tons of special moves and specs to play around with. Lots of button bashing in the early stages but that'll change later on, the combat is sort of feels like God of War.

Played this last night and i gotta say i really like it! Couldnt put it down once i had started playing, think im gonna buy it. The Mass Effect 3 unlockables are a nice bonus as well.

Totally devastated that I lost my Shepard when formatted my PS.

Not sure whether to play it through again. Normally that wouldn't seem such a chore, but I'd feel obliged to do it exactly the same as I grew pretty attached to my original play through.

I wonder if 3 will have the interactive comic again.

• 2 weeks later...

played the gotham city imposters beta last night, its got bags of potential and has a bit of team fortress feel to it, i think its download only and i only got to play 2 game modes so i dont think depth will be its strong point

also saw the gameplay trailer for metal gear rising, i see they've subbed it out to another developer, same one as bayonetta and it shows, not sure what to make of it

Played the demo for Asura's Wrath - completly bonkers, no **** idea what was going, loved it. It's basically a bit of a fighter with long QTE's, but everything is really OTT - in a kind of Dragonball Z way. You play a demi-god (or something), and in one part of the demo you fight this fat guy, and beat him, by punching him so hard he leaves the planets atmosphere and is left floating in space - but, he isn't dead, and shows his 'true power' by growing larger than the planet your standing on :D He then pokes his finger at the part of the planet your on and you defeat him. Spectacular stuff, obviously very limited game play, but it made me laugh so I think I'll be trying that when it's out

Yeah i played that too, its just one big QTE. I was expecting a sort of cross between Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta but its nowt like either. Not impressed at all tbh.

BTW, does anybody know when the Witcher 2 demo will be coming out? Looking forward to that game lots.

Â