• Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Hutton (for Cuéllar 55)
    • Albrighton (for Ireland 68)
    • Bannan (for Clark 85)

Does anyone else believe Alex tries to instill a pass-and-move attitude like the Swansea manager so obviously does?

He does - but without the "move" !!!

He bases his tactics and strategy on playing subuteo where nobody moves and you just pass from static player to static player until, eventually, somedody misjhits it and possession is lost.

Nobody on the team will run with the ball because they are clearly scared to make a mistake - presumably because the head carrot has told them to keep possession at all cost. On the few occasions a Villa player runs with the ball, the opposition go on the back-foot, gaps open up and we look the business - as at Chelsea - but at home we don't move and make it easy for teams to defend against us.

That performance was completely baffling, but we need to put this in context Swansea even managed to get something against Spurs.

Our confidence and ethusiasm seem to be so fragile though and we lack quality all over the pitch, dropping Albrighton for Bent should not have back fired this badly, Warnock's **** up also shouldn't have meant the whole team lost its fight. But it was back to square one and back to our clueless negative best.

words fail me.

Our fwd line is really awful of late though, Gabby, Bent and Zog need shooting!

I'm not sure i can blame this all on McCleish though, even if i want to!

Villa made 1 change from a game 48 hours ago Swansea 7 changes. It's not just legs that get tired but minds too. Still a crock of shit though left with 10 mins to go we were never going to score in a million years! Swansea won't go down good team and good manager us mmmm maybe if you can't win your home games you are in trouble

That performance was completely baffling, but we need to put this in context Swansea even managed to get something against Spurs.

Our confidence and ethusiasm seem to be so fragile though and we lack quality all over the pitch, dropping Albrighton for Bent should not have back fired this badly, Warnock's **** up also shouldn't have meant the whole team lost its fight. But it was back to square one and back to our clueless negative best.

words fail me.

Our fwd line is really awful of late though, Gabby, Bent and Zog need shooting!

I'm not sure i can blame this all on McCleish though, even if i want to!

I dont think he helped himself taking Ireland off when we were 2-0 down

2-0 down you might as well go for it - take off a defender if you want to bring on Albrighton . Why take Ireland off ?

who the hell is voting for Warnock for MOTM? surely our worst player?

(and Dunne as well).

but anyway, normal service was resumed today... :bang:

I voted for Dunne. He and Collins were fine all game considering they were playing as part of a two man defence.

Villa made 1 change from a game 48 hours ago Swansea 7 changes

I know what you're saying mate. But some supporters are moaning cos we made ONE!

You can't win

That said, I never expected such a lethargic effort from Gabby, Ireland, Bent today. I fully expected Petrov to be **** (and he was) but not the other three

Very very poor

against chelsea we played 442 with ireland in the hole...

Well to my eyes, that's exactly how we started this game too

?

The difference being the players were half arsed today

To a point yes. But we weren't playing Chelsea away, so why set up exactly the same?

GUZAN 7/10 - the ball should never have been passed back for him to make the mistake in the first place. Collins had time and space to pass forward.

WARNOCK 1/10 - terrible player. never seen him play well, even under MON. Positioning awful and passing awful. When I'm manger he'd be the first one out the door. Houiller was right.

DUNNE 6/10 - solid, experienced enough to know that giving Dyer a good wack was the only way to deal with him.

COLLINS 4/10 - like Warnock. Positioning terrible and long balls a constant source of balls for the opposition. Needs to learn to play the short pass to midfield. 2nd man out the door when I'm boss.

CUELLAR 6/10 - love him, pity he's not in central defence. Ice Cool.

N'ZOGBIA 7/10 - when he has the ball, he plays well. Needs the ball more often, although this may not be his fault directly.

PETROV 5/10 - the guy was knackered. Shouldn't have started. Ironically both our best midfielder but also the one we need to replace soonest. We can't afford passengers after 60 mins. Also needs to drop captain's arm band. Not enough passion or voice to keep the troops ticking over.

CLARK 5/10 - quiet game. Probably needed the rest.

IRELAND 7/10 - quality player. Needs games (in the same position). Will come good.

AGBONLAHOR 5/10 - wrong position. Pointless playing out of position.

BENT 3/10 - no service = no touches = no goals. calling for his head is stupid. We need to either provide him with better service (e.g. buy better players) or drop him for a striker with a better all round game until we get better service.

MCLEISH 1/10 - hasn't got a clue. has played 442,451,433,4231 this season and the players look totally confused. Needs to settle on a formation and a starting 11 quickly. Then he must only make like for like changes. The players need consistently and they're not getting it. Needs to start taking the game by its bollocks and being ruthless. Warnock should be punished with several games out of the squad. He should have been subbed in the first half, both as punishment and to counter the Swansea threat. Bannan coming on with 5 mins to go was a joke.

What today showed was that if you 'invest' in a style of football over a period of time (Martinez, then Rogers) then you have shape, guile and passing ability - proper football.

We've sold players, changed managers and we're all over the shop. It's not a huge surprise.

Villa fans wouldnt allow for something like this to happen, because it would take time and would probably get worse before it all starts to click. Shame really as it's what the club needs.

To a point yes. But we weren't playing Chelsea away, so why set up exactly the same?

BEFORE the game, folks were saying what a great attackling line up. How could a side with N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Bent and Ireland in it be anything but attacking ?

If our defence and central midfield had turned up today, we 'may' have got something from the game

I cna't really see any reason to knock the starting eleven we picked though

Villa fans wouldnt allow for something like this to happen, because it would take time and would probably get worse before it all starts to click. Shame really as it's what the club needs.

Good point

Â