• Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Hutton (for Cuéllar 55)
    • Albrighton (for Ireland 68)
    • Bannan (for Clark 85)

God all bloody mighty. Everything that was good about us on Saturday, just disappeared today. I can't even blame McLeish.

The same players that were sharp, bit into tackles, passed superbly, made movement look easy, played clinical through balls, and kept possession - just hoofed , gave the ball away, stood there like statues and went into tackles like John Inman taking on Hulk Hogan.

We were pathetic, and to be honest, I dont think it was McLeish's fault. I've heard, we were tired, he should have changed it, then, he shouldn't have changed a winning team - he couldnt win.

The only thing I think he got wrong was the substitution of Ireland, but, having said that, he was anonymous second half.

Just one bloody bad day at the office. Motm - none of them in truth, but I'll give it to Dunne because I have to vote for someone.

Gabby looks jaded big style - if truth be told he has been poor for the last four or five games, including Chelsea - he needs a rest.

If anyone slags Warnock off, its just scapegoating. Yes it was poor, but the guy was on he half way line with three defenders and the goalie to beat = and he did it with ease.

After all the good work - we are back in relegation trouble !

Just got back , and i thought our fans were pathetic today.

Swansea had 2 goals given to them, one at the start of each half.They keep the ball well Swansea, and by giving them the early goal you play into their hands, you keep the ball, keep patient, and await for an opening to happen and strike back.What do the crowd do, whinge and moan and boo.Come H/T , and still in the game, and the crowd boo them off, 2 days after beating Chelsk away.

2nd half he went 3 at the back for a while, pushes Warnock up and tries to play further up the pitch.What happens, Collins plays the ball back to the goalie when a square pass to Dunne was the better option, the goalie kicks the ball to Routledge(did it go out?), and then 3 defenders stand around and watch whilst he scores.

Then a lot of huff and puff, keeping the ball, but not much creativity, so he takes Ireland off to bring Albrighton on to go 4-4-2, with 2 wingers, so needing 2 defensive midfielders,and what happens, all the tactical genius' in the crowd tell him he does'nt know what hes doing.Albrighton plays well for 20 mins, and puts some quality crosses in, so the substitution actually worked.The fact is Bent and Gabby can't play together as a strike pair, but McL would have been criticised for that.

Sometimes you get what you deserve, we did'nt want McL, we did'nt want Hou. or MON, or BL, or Gregory, or DOL, or anybody come to that.

McL has been dealt a bad hand, no money, limited players, and a lot of maybe kids, he got it spot on on sat, and Warnock/Collins blunders today got it wrong for us. lets just sack McL and lose another £5/6m shall we?

Just back from the game, and it was poor. Yes, playing on Saturday then Monday doesn't really help, but it shouldn't be an excuse either, because Swansea played Tottenham the same day, and they seemed to cope okay.

Started well by turning up and despite sitting in the same seat all season, I then sat in the wrong seat (old age kicking in there)...

But to the game, poor backpass from Warnock, Dyer (who looked a handful all game) scored... then Swansea went on to batter us. Could have been 2 or 3 up at half time, but we had the odd chance, the crossing seems wayward and whenever a decent dangerous cross is hit into the box then our players just get beaten in the air. Apart from Collins who headed straight at the keeper.

No of our boys seemed able to impose themselves on the game, and to be fair it just seemed to pass us by.

2nd half, Cuellar outpaced and Routledge managed to spank in a loose ball. I think their goals where down to our individual mistakes and players rather than us being poor, but we just couldn't seem to get into the game. Whether it was McLiesh setting the team up wrong or the players just thinking all they had to do to win was to turn up. It's always dangerous playing a team like Swansea at VP after beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, complacency kicks in.

All in all, we where rubbish, and I opted to leave 5 minutes early in order to save waiting in the car park for 45 minutes, and managed to get away straight away.

Very, very poor.

Anyone get the feeling the players went out on the piss on NYE after the Chelsea victory ?? They certainly played like they did

The worrying thing is this could easily have been a 0-5, 0-6 battering and they would have deserved it

Warnock and Bent played really well. Everyone else was a disgrace

what the **** ****?!?!

On second thoughts Warnock was wubbish. My pie really was cold though.

Faulkner out.

I had a pie and the inside was like molten lava

T o be fair gilberto , you was spot on in your analysis, as was DD.We defended well on sat, defended deep, and caught them on the counter, but in the Prem , Warnock, Collins, Cuellar, Petrov, and Clark are too slow really, you can play a couple of them , but we was too frightened of their pace wide today, and consequently did'nt feel confident to close them down quickly enough.Add too that , the fact that with Gabby and Bent in the team, for all their attributes, being a skilful footballer is'nt one of them, neither has a good touch, both are better suited for away matches.

We got caught cold today, 2 early goals pave4d the way for a lacklustre performance, not in my eyes McLs fault tbh.

Coincedence pacbuddies that at present we play better away?

The only away game in which we have 'played better' as you describe it was last Saturday against Chelsea.

We have played shit for the vast majority of the season whether home or away.

Don't fall into the trap of believing that the reason we are so shit at home is because of the fans.

One of the reasons that we are so shit at home is because we play like we are away and let whomever we are playing dictate the game. Another reason is that we have no 'game plan' and we just lumber around without a clue.

This is the sole responsibility of the manager.

Give the 'Home' fans something to cheer and they sure will!

Bolton away 3 points, Stoke away , hard fought draw.

I'm not blinkered, and if i thought McL was the problem then i too would want him gone, but on saturday we played as well as i have seen them play for years, against Stoke i thought we showed defensive resiliance, and against Arse we were unlucky i felt.Even today we played some good possession football, but we did'nt look sharp enough in and around the penalty area.How many times did we have the ball on the edge of the area and not get a shot away?

Swansea did to us what we did to Chelsk on Sat, defend on the 18 yrd box, and catch them on the counter, but i still am to be convinced that booing them off at half time, and booing substitutions is goinfg to help.If i was an opposition manager playing Villa i would tell them to keep it tight for 20 mins, and then the home crowd will get on their back and then we can take advantage.........ad thats whats happening.

Bolton away 3 points, Stoke away , hard fought draw.

I'm not blinkered, and if i thought McL was the problem then i too would want him gone, but on saturday we played as well as i have seen them play for years, against Stoke i thought we showed defensive resiliance, and against Arse we were unlucky i felt.Even today we played some good possession football, but we did'nt look sharp enough in and around the penalty area.How many times did we have the ball on the edge of the area and not get a shot away?

Swansea did to us what we did to Chelsk on Sat, defend on the 18 yrd box, and catch them on the counter, but i still am to be convinced that booing them off at half time, and booing substitutions is goinfg to help.If i was an opposition manager playing Villa i would tell them to keep it tight for 20 mins, and then the home crowd will get on their back and then we can take advantage.........ad thats whats happening.

And the reason that it is happening is because:

We have no game plan and don't have a clue.

Result:

Booing.

The person responsible for this is the manager.

Solution:

Have a game plan and have a clue.

Fringe Benefit:

Fans are happier and have a reason to cheer.

Â