The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

Maybe his point was that the Americans just perhaps carry a greater part of the responsibility for the deaths? That seems obvious to me, at least.

Blair was IMO not as bad as Thatcher, but it's a close run thing. His part in the Iraq lies and disaster counts massively in the debit column.

As for Brown, he didn't do much either way as PM. so for him to be called the worst ever seems odd.

A million dead Iraqis say hi.

I wholly agree the war criminal should be considered 2nd worse PM ever, to think Thatcher wins and one bathed in Thatcherite ideologies comes second. Cameron is lining himself up nicely to challenge bliar, He comfortobly sits in third place but another term should get him a million dead British through suicide, starvation and exposure.

my word,  what about Wilson , the pound in your pocket, or Callaghan, Crisis what crisis. Perhaps History isn't your thing. 

But in all fairness, as an history buff yourself you should point out how it was Tory Reginald Maudling's 'dash for growth' 1963 budget which caused a massive trade deficit and problems with the pound.

You might even point out how the 'oil shock' caused the economic problems of the 1970s and not striking bin men.

I think history is more than just remembering the slogans and newspaper headlines of the day.

• Like 1

I wholly agree the war criminal should be considered 2nd worse PM ever, to think Thatcher wins and one bathed in Thatcherite ideologies comes second. Cameron is lining himself up nicely to challenge bliar, He comfortobly sits in third place but another term should get him a million dead British through suicide, starvation and exposure.
What exactly has David Cameron done to be considered almost comparable to an illegal war and huge financial mess at home?
  • Like 1

What exactly has David Cameron done to be considered almost comparable to an illegal war and huge financial mess at home?

War on the poor of his own country? Feathered the nest of all his chums?

• Like 1

Hardly comparable is it? To an 'actual' war, rather than a tabloid one. Edited by Genie

Hardly a tabloid war, people are committing suicide on a regular basis in the UK because of this government. People are regularly going to food banks for charity food because they can't afford to eat. Life is really shit for those less fortunate in this country and that is a product of this governments policies, ideological policies too I might add. If it wasn't for food banks this government would be starving its own people

• Like 3

David Cameron was all for joining a war against Syria, he was desperate for it, without any evidence of chemical weapons being used but got blocked by Ed Miliband.

Tony Blair did actually join a war, yes, with the approval of the House of Commons, voted for by David Cameron amongst hundreds of others. It's not like he used Royal Prerogative to declare war without a vote.

• Like 1

David Cameron was all for joining a war against Syria, he was desperate for it, without any evidence of chemical weapons being used but got blocked by Ed Miliband.

Tony Blair did actually join a war, yes, with the approval of the House of Commons, voted for by David Cameron amongst hundreds of others. It's not like he used Royal Prerogative to declare war without a vote.

Er no, fairs fair. Bliar went to war on a lie, a lie which the other parties in parliament believed to be true because they were lied to by Bliar. Not quite the same thing. Blair knew it was a lie, the others didn't have access to all the info

• Like 1

They're all **** scumbags, regardless of what colour tie they represent..

That has got to be the most predictable and boring thing anyone could say whilst playing Monopoly discussing politics

original.jpg

That has got to be the most predictable and boring thing anyone could say whilst playing Monopoly discussing politics

original.jpg

Years gone by I'd generally have agreed with you but these days, its actually closer to the truth. The decent politicians are so few and far between its almost a universal truth

• Like 1

Politicians are just products of the system. Where you get media wars fuelled by the public's hunger for blame, you'll always get self serving scumbags covering their own backs all of the time. We need a good despot.

original.jpg

Years gone by I'd generally have agreed with you but these days, its actually closer to the truth. The decent politicians are so few and far between its almost a universal truth

So many people are told to have that opinion these days that even the good ones aren't given a chance. Then the other boring 'point' comes out, the "they're all the same" one.

In the same way that Blair can fall on the Americans for a share of his blame, can't Cameron fall on the corporatisation of the state as complicit in his - he's helping the process of shrinking the state by demonising the poor to shrink the role of state in support, cutting back public services and privatising everything he can, but I don't think it's particularly his idea. ( and ultimately they can both go back to Reagan/Thatcher on that).

Blair for me is different, I think he's mentally ill, he hasn't just been complicit in the things that happened in his time as PM, he's seemed to have enjoyed them, he's an advocate of murder even today and if anything, I always thought he was an encouragement to Bush, not just a support.

Cameron is a shit PM, Blair is a criminal. I look forward to the day when Cameron is replaced, and I look forward to the potential for political change that whilst unlikely is at least possible when he goes. I look forward Blair's death, the world will be a safer place without him.

• Like 2

Politicians are just products of the system. Where you get media wars fuelled by the public's hunger for blame, you'll always get self serving scumbags covering their own backs all of the time. We need a good despot.

That Health and Fitness Party in Bromsgrove might be your answer. Enforced fitness camps, cutting VAT to help their gym friends (the 14%). Forcing businesses to allow workers who use public transport to come and go as they please. Bringing more unnecessary cosmetic surgeries into the NHS. Increasing personal trainers instead of GPs. Don't get me started on their transport policy!

Just looking out for their Lycra covered own!

;)

• Like 1

Hardly a tabloid war, people are committing suicide on a regular basis in the UK because of this government. People are regularly going to food banks for charity food because they can't afford to eat. Life is really shit for those less fortunate in this country and that is a product of this governments policies, ideological policies too I might add. If it wasn't for food banks this government would be starving its own people

What twaddle ... Life was really shit for the less fortunate since man began to walk the planet , that's not a product of this government

• Like 1

Â