The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

Why is this still legal?

Granted it isn't as obscene as it is in 'murica, but I find 'donations' very, very troubling.

Which governing political party is going to outlaw (sizeable) donations?

plus, I guess the alternative is we find something we can cut in public service so we can fund them out of our taxes

I don't think it is.

Max 'donation' of something like 5k. Ought to make parties work for their funds.

It'd probably turn them in to chuggers, though.

Why is this still legal?

Granted it isn't as obscene as it is in 'murica, but I find 'donations' very, very troubling.

Which governing political party is going to outlaw (sizeable) donations?

plus, I guess the alternative is we find something we can cut in public service so we can fund them out of our taxes

I think large donations earn some form of tax relief so every donation to a party costs the tax payer already .

How does it make you feel knowing you've been donating to the Tory party all these years :)

I see Vivienne Westwood (Ashley's mum) has given the Green's £300,000.

It'll be interesting to see if the Greens do what Syriza & Podemos have done and go through a period of rapid growth, and filling the void the traditional left created when they got into bed with the Market.

British politics being what it is, though, I doubt it.

And they've kindly offered the Queen a council house once they abolish the monarchy

I'm not sure which brand of lunatics are the more dangerous , UKIP voters or Green Voters ...

And they've kindly offered the Queen a council house once they abolish the monarchy

I'm not sure which brand of lunatics are the more dangerous , UKIP voters or Green Voters ...

typical, the state of that woman's family, dodgy foreignors with dodgy records never worked a day in their lives, she'll be quite close to the top of the waiting list
Does launching a ship count as work ? Edited by tonyh29

I guess that depends on what the danger consists of to you and how the relative success of these two parties might affect the two major parties.

I think we're looking at a three party government at the next election - if we assume that UKIP will make the short hop to being friends with the Citibank/Conservatives, and the Greens make the slightly larger jump to the Citibank/Labour party then I think we're about to see the Lib Dems decide who gets to be in Government after the election.

Of course, there's still time for that to change and for someone to make an unexpected friendship.

The interesting thing is that the two parties most similar are the Labour and Tory Parties, but a Lab/Con coalition is unthinkable isn't it?

The real danger is that the interest of people voting for parties that they believe might better represent them on the issues they care about rather than issues that Citibank care about could lead to a scruffy outbreak of democracy that could threaten the way in which our economy works. I suspect this will be addressed by a change in the way we count votes after the election and before the next one - which might well be the second one in 2015.

I think most folks that vote Conservative are worried about one thing.

Losing money.

Does launching a ship count as work ?

Nah, it's a piss up.

They break one bottle, she gets the rest of the crate.

• Like 1

typical, the state of that woman's family, dodgy foreignors with dodgy records never worked a day in their lives, she'll be quite close to the top of the waiting list

Personally I'd tell the bunch of German Cousin F@(k£rs to piss off back to Germany

Hansard Feb 2011:

The Crown is the ultimate owner of all land in England and Wales (including the Isles of Scilly): all other owners hold an estate in land.

It explains why they didn't want to let the tree hugger Charles near the throne.

Even before he shacked up with his non-approved teen sweetheart.

I think most folks that vote Conservative are worried about one thing.

Losing money.

Does launching a ship count as work ?

Nah, it's a piss up.

They break one bottle, she gets the rest of the crate.

Get out of it.

2 Things 

First that is one massive generalisation 

Second when the public sector go on strike about low pay or pensions are they doing it because they are worried about losing money or something else?

First that is one massive generalisation 

Second when the public sector go on strike about low pay or pensions are they doing it because they are worried about losing money or something else?

Is the first one a massive generalisation?

Nah, it's not.

Does that not sit easy with you?

As for the second, I think industrial action is more about losing ground these days.

Boardroom pay bonanza goes on

Clicky

Just look at those rises, in this time of austerity.

My girlfriend is a nurse, she pulls shit out people's arses for people whose nervous systems have deteriorated beyond operation.

No pay rise for 5 years.

Nurses and NHS are a very emotive subject, but it's not just them is it?

• Like 1

I think it's a massive generalisation, over  10 million people voted Tory

more than the population of Portugal , so If I met 100  Portuguese who didn't own a dog could I assume no one in Portugal owns a dog?

more than the population of Sweden, could I say most Swedes think Brolin was better than Ibrahimovic

more than the population of Belgium could I say most Belgians are as good at football as Benteke, Company and Hazard

Its a massive overstatement. 

As for the other point 

what's the difference between losing money and losing ground? 

Perhaps it doesn't sit easy with you

Â