The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

I see you've read the manifesto by the way. Well done! Can I count on your support at the next election. We'll need a candidate for [wherever you live]

Although I would certainly be a suitable representative of your manifesto... if our Tory MP here pledged to kill every single person in this constituency, he'd still win.

• Like 1

Hardly a tabloid war, people are committing suicide on a regular basis in the UK because of this government. People are regularly going to food banks for charity food because they can't afford to eat. Life is really shit for those less fortunate in this country and that is a product of this governments policies, ideological policies too I might add. If it wasn't for food banks this government would be starving its own people

What twaddle ... Life was really shit for the less fortunate since man began to walk the planet , that's not a product of this government

what utter twaddle, sophistry at it's most obvious

• Like 1

David Cameron was all for joining a war against Syria, he was desperate for it, without any evidence of chemical weapons being used but got blocked by Ed Miliband.

Tony Blair did actually join a war, yes, with the approval of the House of Commons, voted for by David Cameron amongst hundreds of others. It's not like he used Royal Prerogative to declare war without a vote.

Ed blocked it for political gain after having agreed to back it as i recall ... His actions were rather shameful

I see you've read the manifesto by the way. Well done! Can I count on your support at the next election. We'll need a candidate for [wherever you live]

Although I would certainly be a suitable representative of your manifesto... if our Tory MP here pledged to kill every single person in this constituency, he'd still win.

Assuming he's smart enough not to put the "X" in the wrong box as the only voter left alive

Assuming he's smart enough not to put the "X" in the wrong box as the only voter left alive

of course he would, you don't think anyone would believe a Tory pledge would you, though that pledge would probably be more believable than most of the ones Cameron made circa 2010
  • Like 1

Not a fan of exercising then eh? I've just made a note of that.

Not a fan of exercising then eh? I've just made a note of that.

It's too much like hard work. Should I expect a knock on my door before being bundled onto a train by secret policemen, headed to an exercise camp?

• Like 1

Life was really shit for the less fortunate since man began to walk the planet , that's not a product of this government

This gov't it making their lives worse, not better - and not even trying to make their lives better. That's not what Gov'ts should be doing. Surely that much is blatantly obvious and unarguable to everyone.

Utter twaddle, tell that to those that fell foul of the edict of expulsion of 1290 under Edward 1st..... sorry I'd thought I'd get in with a useless and pointless comment before the usual suspects

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

Arggghhhh there's such a brilliant picture on the wires that blows the whole tory concept of small government and 'you should have thought of that before..' out of the water but I can't find it now. So you just have to imagine how good it is.

Life was really shit for the less fortunate since man began to walk the planet , that's not a product of this government

This gov't it making their lives worse, not better - and not even trying to make their lives better. That's not what Gov'ts should be doing. Surely that much is blatantly obvious and unarguable to everyone.
that wasn't what he said though

So many people are told to have that opinion these days that even the good ones aren't given a chance. Then the other boring 'point' comes out, the "they're all the same" one.

Serious question, name the good ones?

I'll start you off

Dennis Skinner

Tom Watson

Caroline Lucas

possibly Glenda Jackson sometimes

I begin to struggle after that

You'd like to think no one would argue but clearly we live in a country where many would even if they wouldn't openly.

The first role of any Government should be to improve the life's of those with the least so long as those that can are willing to help themselves of course. If a Government can only achieve one thing then it should be that.

The Tory led coalition though haven't failed in doing that because that would suggest that they have actually tried. What they have intentionally done is ensure those who already had the least now have even less whilst ensuring those who already had too much have a little more. It is an absolute disgrace. The only miniscule saving grace is that due to the lib dems the Tories haven't been quite as savage as they would otherwise have been.

Hardly a tabloid war, people are committing suicide on a regular basis in the UK because of this government. People are regularly going to food banks for charity food because they can't afford to eat. Life is really shit for those less fortunate in this country and that is a product of this governments policies, ideological policies too I might add. If it wasn't for food banks this government would be starving its own people

What twaddle ... Life was really shit for the less fortunate since man began to walk the planet , that's not a product of this government

Life's really shit is one thing, what this governments policies are doing to the less fortunate is in a different ball park.

People unable to work through depression are now sometimes asked by ATOS (or whoever the new non medically qualified stooges are) "Why haven't you killed yourself?". Seriously. come on?

People are denied benefits for all manner of ludicrous reasons

The illogical bedroom tax. Extra bedroom, less benefits, nowhere with less bedrooms to rent?

I could go on

The suicide as a direct result of benefit sanctions figures are so high IDS won't even publish them

• Like 4

Life's really shit is one thing, what this governments policies are doing to the less fortunate is in a different ball park.

People unable to work through depression are now sometimes asked by ATOS (or whoever the new non medically qualified stooges are) "Why haven't you killed yourself?". Seriously. come on?

The illogical bedroom tax. Extra bedroom, less benefits, nowhere with less bedrooms to rent?

I could go on

The suicide as a direct result of benefit sanctions figures are so high IDS won't even publish them

just the tip of the ice berg.
  • Like 1

So many people are told to have that opinion these days that even the good ones aren't given a chance. Then the other boring 'point' comes out, the "they're all the same" one.

Serious question, name the good ones?

I'll start you off

Dennis Skinner

Tom Watson

Caroline Lucas

possibly Glenda Jackson sometimes

I begin to struggle after that

all lefties   :detect:

Lucas the one who compared someone who flys to Spain as no worse than a thug on the street   ..she's as bad and as hyprcrital as the rest of them just slightly more bonkers

I could go on

I'm aware of one story where a woman committed suicide and left  a note saying it was down to the bedroom tax ... only it turned out she wasn't affected by it and had misunderstood the letter  , I don't know this lady but when someone takes their life they are clearly in a dark place and need help which for whatever reason she tragically did not get  ... Suicide and mental issues are a problem across the planet  but using it to try and score political points is a new low ...

I'm happy to see the evidence but i'm afraid you'll have to do a bit better than IDS is surpressing  it  ..I'm sure your claims are true and you can produce hundres of examples but maybe less time being condesending to other posters and more time giving evidence to back up your claims  might be an idea ...

the last stats i can see on the web go up to 2012  so I can't be sure what the current trend is  , but 2012 was slightly down on 2011 .. it would be interesting to see how 2013 and 2014 relate and if there is a huge spike as a result of ATOS as you suggest ... there are other countires ahead of the UK in terms of suicide rates , some countires that are often held us a prime example of what a decent welfare state can do   ...  I don't know but to me maybe that suggests that suicide is a bigger problem than just benefit cuts and low wages

( you also carefully seem to neglect to mention who appointed ATOS in the first place  )

( you also carefully seem to neglect to mention who appointed ATOS in the first place  )

Not carefully at all, the other Tory party with the red ties. But this government are the one that turbocharged them

and if there is a huge spike as a result of ATOS as you suggest ...

I never suggested that it was as a result of just ATOS, its a result of many of this governments policies

• Like 1

Â