The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

No idea of what a pint of milk or loaf of bread costs. Guess i'm not cut out to be Prime Minister  :(

the sex scandals make you prime for a spot in the cabinet though :D

I could never be famous - the stuff that would come out about me! Jeez... what would my parents think!  :D

No idea of what a pint of milk or loaf of bread costs. Guess i'm not cut out to be Prime Minister  :(

the sex scandals make you prime for a spot in the cabinet though :D

I could never be famous - the stuff that would come out about me! Jeez... what would my parents think!  :D

It would just confirm their thoughts.

Been a bit busy work wise of late so not posted much  , but no comments on Britians worst ever Prime Minister * standing down as an MP

he'd pretty much retired from parliament anyway but has he seen the SNP writing on the wall and got out before the election or would he have been as safe a Ford Mustang left in the streets with the doors open and the engine running ?

* before the lefties get on their soapboxes that was James' position in the BBC Newsnight poll

Edited by tonyh29

Been a bit busy work wise of late so not posted much  , but no comments on Britians worst ever Prime Minister * standing down as an MP

he'd pretty much retired from parliament anyway but has he seen the SNP writing on the wall and got out before the election or would he have been as safe a Ford Mustang left in the streets with the doors open and the engine running ?

* before the lefties get on their soapboxes that was James' position in the BBC Newsnight poll

Hard to make a choice between Bliar and Brown for the accolade of worst ever PM.  Lying warmonger or an idiot completely out of his depth.  Both men's influence has had a long and profoundly unpleasant legacy on the country and the wider world.  Pair of absolute numpties.

• Like 2

Hard to make a choice between Bliar and Brown for the accolade of worst ever PM.  Lying warmonger or an idiot completely out of his depth.  Both men's influence has had a long and profoundly unpleasant legacy on the country and the wider world.  Pair of absolute numpties.

I am not sure these polls should be taken too seriously and the same applies to American Presidents.

Fighting a war seems to raise candidates up the polls, probably because they are in office during high levels of propaganda.

Prime Ministers who follow high scoring incumbents do a lot worse because those they replace, opportunistically leave when their regime has run its course and problems become apparent.

So John Major and Brown do badly because they were both handed a poisoned chalice.

Neo-liberals run down Lincoln because he started big government and praise Coolidge because he promoted small government.

So these things are usually only a measure of the prevailing propaganda and not much else. 

I'd judge the success, or failure, of any PM ultimately on how many people life's improved during their tenure and how many peoples lifes were made worse. Given how many life's were ruined during the evil bitch belows reign then she wins hands down in the worse PM ever category. In fact due to many of her, and her governments, policies is the reason why the country is in the mess it is now.

That post is offensive, frankly, Mark.

There's really no need for that picture, at all.

I know I was flirting with a ban Pete but I thought given this thread has a tendency to attract the right wing element of VT I thought I would treat them to a little Friday night masturbation material.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

A million dead Iraqis say hi.

I wholly agree the war criminal should be considered 2nd worse PM ever, to think Thatcher wins and one bathed in Thatcherite ideologies comes second. Cameron is lining himself up nicely to challenge bliar, He comfortobly sits in third place but another term should get him a million dead British through suicide, starvation and exposure.

• Like 4

I see we've gone full circle and managed to blame thatcher :)

I think the fact that not a single labourite has sprung to Browns defence and instead resorted to type and legendary deflection technique says it all really

So we can take it is a red that we all agree Brown was bad for the country then ... Good , now let's go back to Ed and discuss the headlines he's going to get tomorrow over his choice of Christmas card

• Like 1

I think the fact that not a single labourite has sprung to Browns defence and instead resorted to type and legendary deflection technique says it all really

So we can take it is a red that we all agree Brown was bad for the country then ... Good , now let's go back to Ed and discuss the headlines he's going to get tomorrow over his choice of Christmas card

Brown Bliar and Millipeed are all disciples of Thatcher

I don't think Brown was bad on the whole.

Don't you have a funny name for Brown? :rolleyes:

I wholly agree the war criminal should be considered 2nd worse PM ever, to think Thatcher wins and one bathed in Thatcherite ideologies comes second. Cameron is lining himself up nicely to challenge bliar, He comfortobly sits in third place but another term should get him a million dead British through suicide, starvation and exposure.

my word,  what about Wilson , the pound in your pocket, or Callaghan, Crisis what crisis. Perhaps History isn't your thing. 

I don't think Brown was bad on the whole.

Don't you have a funny name for Brown? :rolleyes:

Beige

• Like 2

my word,  what about Wilson , the pound in your pocket, or Callaghan, Crisis what crisis. Perhaps History isn't your thing. 

perhaps it is and I just have different criteria as to what determines a truly awful as opposed to a simply poor out of their depth PM.

Â