The new leader of the Labour Party

Richard

What it said was the tory party is in disarray and as a media outlet that supports it we must deflect any attention to that quickly

Nice attempt to deflect there :D

(Hint check thread title )

As bicks already pointed out she was sacked before the media even got whiff of the non story ...

no deflection whatsoever. Merely identifying the reasoning behind an attack by tory led media on milliband and labour was to protect their own.

I wonder if the same media will report the large trend of anti cameron across social media, of course they wont because like a lot of tory supporters they are concerned only with milliband and ignoring what cameron and farage are actually standing for

• Like 2

I don't think Cameron can be put in the same category as Farage and the babyeater.

According to Gove in a radio interview on Friday, Cameron is the stand out politician of our age. Of our our age? Queried the interviewer, just to check. Yes, the stand out best politician of our age bar none, beyond compare.

Creepy as ever.

• Like 2

I don't think Cameron can be put in the same category as Farage and the babyeater.

According to Gove in a radio interview on Friday, Cameron is the stand out politician of our age. Of our our age? Queried the interviewer, just to check. Yes, the stand out best politician of our age bar none, beyond compare.

Creepy as ever.

He's not even the stand out Tory politician of our age.

• Like 1

Creepy as ever.

Isn't that what MP's say right before they stick a knife in and depose them ?

The word is that Cameron is quite lazy more interested in his iPad and then gets caught out by events ... Sometimes he pulls a homer and comes out of it with a result ... Of course sometimes he doesn't

Ed has to be the standout of recent times though , but for all the wrong reasons , in the history of politics never was a man more ill equipped to be PM ... Though Gordon Brown may run him close for the title

Merely identifying the reasoning behind an attack by tory led media on milliband and labour was to protect their own.

So how do you explain the criticism in the Guardian, the Indie, New Statesman etc?

Its not just the "Tory led media".

Creepy as ever.

Isn't that what MP's say right before they stick a knife in and depose them ?

The word is that Cameron is quite lazy more interested in his iPad and then gets caught out by events ... Sometimes he pulls a homer and comes out of it with a result ... Of course sometimes he doesn't

Ed has to be the standout of recent times though , but for all the wrong reasons , in the history of politics never was a man more ill equipped to be PM ... Though Gordon Brown may run him close for the title

Hmmm - http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/business-news/politics/purr-gate-blunder-struck-camerons-top-gaffes/8928.article

Being in charge of the country is a tough and serious job. But our elected officials often seem to go out of the way to make things harder for themselves, and with hilarious results.

Through the sleights of hand dealt by fate and folly, politicians’ carefully planned policies or announcements can be derailed in minutes, careers can be dashed, and the public discourse can take unforeseen turns.

The latest blunder from the man at the top, David Cameron, was his skin-crawling account, and almost certain lie, recorded by Sky, of how the Queen “purred down the line”, after he informed her of the result of the Scottish Independence referendum. ........ more on link

Plus

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-camerons-bread-gaffe-just-2326331

Gaffe-prone David Cameron is red-faced again after being left completely baffled by the price of a simple value loaf of bread.

And the PM only added to his shame when he defended his ignorance by saying he uses a breadmaker.

While the Tory leader continues to make benefit cuts to struggling families, he lives in luxury with his home-cooked granary loaves.

It is not the first time he has been forced to hang his head in shame, and here are the top 10 slip-ups from our bold PM: ....... more on link

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/pm-david-cameron-new-royal-gaffe-about-the-queens-van-dyck-9764420.html

David Cameron found himself at the centre of another embarrassing royal faux pas today after sharing a joke with MPs at the Queen’s expense.

It is claimed the Prime Minister was showing off art at Chequers when he amused guests by telling them how the monarch had to be corrected for mistakenly believing she had the original of a painting that was at the stately home. ....... more on link

and many many more

Edited by drat01

"Politician fails to guess price of bread correctly"  stories have to be the worst form of political criticism going. 

I don't know how much a loaf of bread costs. Does that make me ill equipped to do my job? 

In fact, I'd far rather my politicians were remembering useful information like the nuclear launch codes, how much debt the country is in etc etc than how much they're going to have to spend on a loaf of hovis. 

Yes the Queen stuff was a breach of protocol, but every politician nay every person would do the same thing, its just that Cameron got caught. The fact that his twitter account (managed by someone else) tweets a picture of a reindeer when he is talking about Mandela's death is hardly his fault is it? 

I'm not saying he's not a clearing in the woods (i'm 99%) sure he is...... but equally, there are far more relevant, incisive and damaging criticisms to be made than "he was asleep whilst his sister took a selfie" 

EDIT - this will read like a dig at you Drat and FWIW it isnt intended to be. 

Edited by Eames
  • Like 1

"he lives in luxury with his home-cooked granary loaves, on his tax-haven island, but always makes sure his servants keep him abreast of the price of a loaf"

Absolutely.  I flog the blighters to within an inch of their lives if they don't let me know how much a loaf of Sunblest costs. 

• Like 4

A loaf of bread would be about £1.40 on average over here.

Man of the people, me.

really?

**** me, it's only £1 in Waitrose here

this could be me, this could be my moment, I might hire a van fill it with bread and sail across the see to the IOM

Loaf of Danish is only 70p in Waitrose

yeah I don't touch that foreign muck

to be honest, I usually slowly cruise round and round the cake aisle waiting for the tiger bread to be reduced to 19p at 7 o' clock, or failing that, checking out the middle aged posh gays

• Like 1

No idea of what a pint of milk or loaf of bread costs. Guess i'm not cut out to be Prime Minister  :(

the sex scandals make you prime for a spot in the cabinet though :D

I can tell you how much Toblerone is and which shops have it on offer but not a clue on bread and milk

now bicks and I can have an argument on who invented the triangle :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

"he lives in luxury with his home-cooked granary loaves, on his tax-haven island, but always makes sure his servants keep him abreast of the price of a loaf"

Absolutely.  I flog the blighters to within an inch of their lives if they don't let me know how much a loaf of Sunblest costs. 

can you still but it these days though.off topic i know but remember the bread man coming round in his van selling sunblest.

Edited by krisagg75

No idea of what a pint of milk or loaf of bread costs. Guess i'm not cut out to be Prime Minister :(

the sex scandals make you prime for a spot in the cabinet though :D

I can tell you how much Toblerone is and which shops have it on offer but not a clue on bread and milk

now bicks and I can have an argument on who invented the triangle :)

Surely an argument on triangle would need more than two points?

• Like 2

Â