Relegation thread 2011/12

Zatman

Theyve had some important players leave the club , injuries since then.

Sturridge has gone (re-emphasises how bad loans can be- as that as only helped Chelsea not Bolton longterm).

Chung-Yong Lee broke his leg.

Elmander was sold.

Kevin Davis age seems to have finally caught up with him.

Their squad now is pretty shite.

You leave Nigel and Gary alone... !

Hah

Reo Coker is another whos been injured for them.

Gary Cahill seems to have his mind elsewhere- been playing poor for them of late.

Gary Cahill seems to have his mind elsewhere- been playing poor for them of late

think he has been found out for a average player he is and if he has a good agent he better get his tranfer sorted before Euros when he will be torn apart by quality strikers

coventry are totally **** it seems. Oh well.

But in pl - wigan are going they just don't have enough in them. Norwich need to tighten up at the back, whilst Swansea don't score enough, they've defending well enough for now, but, we'll see they'll both be in the bottom 6 I reckon. Blackburn really should have enough in that side to pull clear though I think.

Wigan + 2 from Bolton, Norwich, Swansea, Fulham, Stoke ( FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE), Blackburn, and heck maybe even Everton

i dont think bolton will go down they are just on bad form. coyle is not a bad amanger at all.

since the FA Cup semi final i think they have only won 3 games. That cant be a form issue.

At the same time, I don't really see how losing one game can trigger such an alarming and sustained run of poor form?

Theyve had some important players leave the club , injuries since then.

Sturridge has gone (re-emphasises how bad loans can be- as that as only helped Chelsea not Bolton longterm).

Chung-Yong Lee broke his leg.

Elmander was sold.

Kevin Davis age seems to have finally caught up with him.

Their squad now is pretty shite.

Stuart Holden is the key missing player; out for another four or five months

Gary Cahill seems to have his mind elsewhere- been playing poor for them of late

think he has been found out for a average player he is and if he has a good agent he better get his tranfer sorted before Euros when he will be torn apart by quality strikers

Tend to agree a very average CB

surprisingly bolton have 2 CB`s who are/were tipped to have a bright international future in wheater and cahill, i know cahill aint as good as the press make out, but he is still better than collins and dunne, though ive never seen wheater play that much to make judgement on him. but when you look at boltons squad theres not a single player other than holden & cahill id take at villa. most bolton fansites says jasskalinen is past it and they shouldnt have sold al habsi, paul robinson, zat knight, chris eagles, are championship players, petrov hasnt had a good game in 18 months and davies is 35 now and very much on the downhill and reo coker made a right balls up leaving us for them.

wigan only need a goal scorer and i reckon they could get out of it, they create chances every game and shouldnt have lost to wolves a few weeks ago.

The relegation battle this season looks like being a little more clear cut than in years past as I think it is fair to say Blackburn are doomed already while Bolton don't look like they are far behind. If either or both go down you would really have to fear for their futures given their relatively weak financial positions excluding the PL income. I personally wouldn't like to see either of them go down.

The 3rd spot looks wide open with a fairly large numbers of clubs with the potential to get sucked in over the second half of the season although Wigan look the most likely at the moment.

i know cahill aint as good as the press make out, but he is still better than collins and dunne

Probably sounds a bit mad, but I actually think Dunne is better. Cahill will crop up in the odd highlight reel with a corker every now and then, but defensively, for me, Dunne is better.

i know cahill aint as good as the press make out, but he is still better than collins and dunne

Probably sounds a bit mad, but I actually think Dunne is better. Cahill will crop up in the odd highlight reel with a corker every now and then, but defensively, for me, Dunne is better.

Yeah, I think Dunne has had a great season. Cahill is better than Collins though.

Â