Relegation thread 2011/12

Zatman

Whilst I still think we're too good to go down, I am concerned we're going to wind up sleepwalking our way into the end of season survival battle. We can't rely on away form forever.

We won't ever be in the deep end but at the same time we won't ever get a proper run together.

We are the very definition of mid table mediocrity this season, 8th to 13th beckons.

Wigan and Blackburn are doomed.

I think Bolton will get out of it, they don't draw many and have a decent run in.

QPR actually have a very difficult run in, they still have to play Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool at home and 3 of their last 4 away are at Manure, Chelsea and Man.City.

Think it will be really tight between them and Wolves. On the last day Wolves go to Wigan who'll probably be relegated, QPR go to Man. City who might still need something to win the league and they'd probably like to relegate Hughes anyway.

Having just looked at the teams below us (and including ourselves) no one has an 'easy' run in. A lot of the teams all face each other (6 pointers galore) and all have a run of horrible fixtures in which no points are to be expected!!!

Doing a quick bit of prediciton I have us beating Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton and scraping draws with Fulham, Sunderland, West Brom and Norwich to get us 41 points.

The others finish like this

Wigan 30

Wolves + QPR 29

Bolton 28

Blackburn 27

Â