Relegation thread 2011/12

Zatman

Wigan will stay up they always manage to. I get the feeling there is more togetherness and confidence in their team compared to a lot of other sides in the bottom half of the table. As mentioned they just need a goalscorer, you can't rely on Franco Di Santo for goals who's strikerate would be equivalent to Emile Heskey if he didn't have a couple of deflected goals.

Villa are shit, there's no doubt about that, but Wigan and Blackburn are WOEFUL.

**** hell...were 8th in the league! I think calling us 'shit' is a little OTT. :|

I find the fact the we are even getting mentioned in this thread...well...stupid!

There is usually one club apparently safe in the top half that suffers a dramatic plunge into trouble in the later stages of the season.

I'm not saying it will be us, but with the way things are at VP, I'm not so complacent as to say it definitely won't be.

PLus if we're still 8th in a month I'll be incredibly surprised.

We're only somehing like 3 or 4 points ahead of 15th? (might be wrong)

And with our fixtures over the next month, I think we'll be looking over our shoulder come January

i know cahill aint as good as the press make out, but he is still better than collins and dunne

Probably sounds a bit mad, but I actually think Dunne is better. Cahill will crop up in the odd highlight reel with a corker every now and then, but defensively, for me, Dunne is better.

Yeah, I think Dunne has had a great season. Cahill is better than Collins though.

Collins is as good as Cahill defensively but he can score goals and is much better offensively.

I've never understood why he was linked to big clubs

But they have Mark Davies, he single handedly should be keeping them a float. He's the greatest English midfielder ever to have played the game.

he is an excellent player, i hope he gets a chance in their first team soon

He has started their last 7 games, they've lost 6 of them.

What are you on about? Do you just paste pre-written lines from your notepad?

i know cahill aint as good as the press make out, but he is still better than collins and dunne

Probably sounds a bit mad, but I actually think Dunne is better. Cahill will crop up in the odd highlight reel with a corker every now and then, but defensively, for me, Dunne is better.

Yeah, I think Dunne has had a great season. Cahill is better than Collins though.

Collins is as good as Cahill defensively but he can score goals and is much better offensively.

I've never understood why he was linked to big clubs

James Collins is poor.

But they have Mark Davies, he single handedly should be keeping them a float. He's the greatest English midfielder ever to have played the game.

he is an excellent player, i hope he gets a chance in their first team soon

He has started their last 7 games, they've lost 6 of them.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...

Bump. Looks like wigan are dead certs, blackburn didn't really strengthen in Jan and bolton lost there best defender (but have had a few good results since.then).Wolves dropping like an erection infront of a naked Anne widdicombe, (1 win in 10) so I reckon the bottom 3 will be wigan, wolves and blackburn or bolton

Â