• Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Guzan (for Given 38)
    • Petrov (for Herd 59)
    • Heskey (for Jenas 63)

Is there any point in awarding a man of the match after a performance like that? All the best players on the pitch were wearing Manchester United shirts and they didnt even have to get out of second gear. Absolute shit, and we have to play Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea before the month is out. I dread to think where we will be in the league on new years day.

McLiesh is truely inept ..pointing to the fact Heskey coming on won some headers as a positive completely discounts the fact with a 5 man midfield we couldn't pass to save our lives.

Utterly depressing to be Villa fan at the moment.

We can't even lose with pride. We don't take it to teams, even teams who are playing poorly like United was today. We sit back and do **** all.

Defenders who just hoof it or pass it back to the GK....midfielders who stop moving when they don't have the ball...no conviction, no ideas, no determination.

Garbage.

Am I wrong for thinking a 1-0 defeat is a decent result. That is what Lerner and Mcleish have led me to

haven't scored in three games, haven't looked like scoring bottom 5 come January

Lerner out

Mcleish out

Only that idiot of a manager of ours could take a line up that exciting on paper, and make it seem so uncreative, lethargic and defensive on the pitch.

I actually had a tweet from someone on F365 during the game.

@matty_lowe still playing all out defence at 1-0 down. Vintage McLeish.

Flexo365

Am I wrong for thinking a 1-0 defeat is a decent result. That is what Lerner and Mcleish have led me to

haven't scored in three games, haven't looked like scoring bottom 5 come January

Lerner out

Mcleish out

And 3 wins out of 14 games, Richard. 3 wins.

Lerner out

Mcleish out

Against mediocre opposition

I'm amazed that the ground was full.

Saw the kid in the Villa top crying at the end on ESPN - that's how we all feel.

At least the positive is that Cahill had a red card so we might not have to face him next game??

We desparately need to get Eck out asap and get Hughes in whilst he is still available.

Lerner out

Mcleish out

Against mediocre opposition

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his win % is worse than Billy McNeills.

darren bent is 5ft 11, gabby is probably the same, albrighton smaller. the attacking midfielder playing behind the striker is a midget. man u's back four included three 6ft plus guys, and they had another tall guy in midfield in jones.

with those attackers facing those defenders, only a complete idiot would decide the tactics would be to play hoofball from the back. can anyone tell me when bent was given a decent ball into feet, when gabby or albrighton were given decent balls along the floor to run on to?

on the rare occasions when tried some shorter passes in midfield, they were all either underhit, smashed at the receiver, or off the floor so they were impossible to control. id love to know what we do in training, because it sure isnt practicing keeping the ball. training probably consists of the defenders having a competition to see who can smash it highest and furthest.

man u coasted to that win, they easily had another few gears they could have stepped up if needed. we could still be playing this time tomorrow and not have scored, and probably not even had an attempt.

Utter tripe.

The Board must go.

I have never seen a football Club turned so quickly from an admired threat to the Upper Orders to a laughing stock.

Beyond belief.

I couldn't care less what comes next but Mcleish Faulkener and Lerner are now a disaster.

Positives: Our socks go well with the black gloves.

Negatives: Pretty much everything else.

It was like watching an FA Cup tie where the non-league minnows psyche themselves out against the big opposition.

There's no point going into detail, everyone apart from the ones with the power to change it can see how awful this is. We see it, the press see it, pundits see it, non-villa football fans see it, even John **** Barnes can see it.

I watched the Tottenham game with my dad who's a Spurs fan and a few mates, some of them Baggies, Wolves etc. They were all stunned by Villa in that game, to the point they couldn't even bring themselves to take the piss. This performance was worse.

Three teams out there worse than us? Don't be so sure.

We're the Audley Harrison of football. We looked like a minnow who drew a big team in the cup. Stage fright, no belief, no passion.

Another embarrassment on live telly in front of the nation. I could cry.

Terrible, just terrible. Feel sorry for bent. Why pay 24m for a striker and then not use him properly. Midfield was a joke, I can see why spurs fans slag off Jenas, he was awful. McLiesh only seems to know one way of playing and one way to setup a side. Hopefully he'll be gone at the end of this season.

The most troubling thing about all this negativity and crap is that I just don't see anything happening regarding the ownership or manager anytime soon. I feel as though we'll just have to put up with it and watch this football club sink even lower.

I don't see Lerner selling and I don't see him sacking McLeish either. :(

Â