• Agbonlahor
    • Guzan (for Given 38)
    • Petrov (for Herd 59)
    • Heskey (for Jenas 63)

it is worth noting that amidst the utter dross, our midfield of

BANNAN HERD ALBRIGHTON JENAS

isn't quite

MILNER, BARRY, YOUNG, DOWNING

The board have to take some blame for this kind of performance as well as the insipid manager.

does anyone know what our plan is? what our tactics are? no seems to have a clue? Hoof it? Pass it? hold shape? fluid movement? its just a bunch of headless chickens running around. I've seen more organisation on the school playground....

Its like the death of a thousand cuts, how long are we going to have to watch this crap before Faulkner admits his decision was wrong?

I cannot even stand to see the smug shite sat in the stand, he must be a nose surely?

I have supported Villa for 40 years, relegation and cups, all in. This has to be the worst I have ever felt about a Villa team, a villa manager. That is saying something.

We don't play football, we are like 2girls1cup reenacted through interpretative dance.

Quote of the day.

The football? A rare combination of gutless and brainless. Phallic McLeish is the worst manager we've ever had.

I was going to rate everyone in the team but found myself giving out the response 'meh' for almost everyone, so I'm just going to rate the better players.

Guzan - 6 Did well tbf, was worried when he came on

Hutton - 6 Best performance for us to date.

Heskey -1 I'm not really into Heskey bashing but.....

The worst part of it all is that 0 -1 would have been a decent result had the performance been anywhere near a good standard.

it is worth noting that amidst the utter dross, our midfield of

BANNAN HERD ALBRIGHTON JENAS

isn't quite

MILNER, BARRY, YOUNG, DOWNING

The board have to take some blame for this kind of performance as well as the insipid manager.

I think everyone knows this but Gabby was almost playing as a left back today.

McCrap's tactics are mindnumbingly shit , predictable and antifootball.

Shame on the board for inflciting this shit upon us. There was NEVER any reason why that McShite should have ever been appointed.

There was no point in that match where it looked like we thought we could score.

Midfield looked brighter on paper, but on the pitch were non-existent. Can barely remember Jenas touching the ball. Bannan didn't get much right. Herd was chasing shadows. Albrighton, Agbonlahor and Bent had nothing to work with.

Defence was fairly solid, restricted United to few actual efforts on goal, but as usual distribution & ball retention from the back was poor.

Ultimately, there have been no games this season where we've looked like a functional attacking unit and that is a massive failing by the manager. Even though we lost Young & Downing there is no excuse to be this poor. Teams with far cheaper squads than ours are still able to play much better football.

Warnock MoTM - thought he played alright today and was defensively solid.

Overall though, that was a load of shit. McLeish needs **** off ASAP.

Strange. Warnock was getting torn to pieces all game and couldn't pass the ball to a villa player.

For me Dunne was MOTM by far. Overall we looked clueless and lifeless - no chance and no hope. Bottom 4-5 by end of New Years Day.

I miss MON.

Defensively we weren't too bad, apart from Dunne & Collins embarrassing themselves for the Man U goal. We were mainly let down by abysmally inept ball skills - yet again.

Why do our midfielders simply walk or stand still after they have passed the ball? Is it any wonder we waste most of our possession with midfielder->Dunne->Given->Collins->HOOF?

I also thought Warnock was our best player - was responsible for some great last ditch blocks and looked like he actually wanted to play football. Guzan did a very professional job as well and Gabby battled manfully despite the fact that he had Smalling clasped onto his arm every time he went near the ball.

But while I realize people are pretty upset I think we were far better second half and were several whiskers away from an equalizer.

Â