• Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Guzan (for Given 38)
    • Petrov (for Herd 59)
    • Heskey (for Jenas 63)

bent touched the ball about 20 times in the whole game and a game of football for him at the moment consists of a steady jog whilst playing piggy in the middle....

That is the best summary of Bent's new role at our club

They were there for the **** taking, but we didn't even try. I'm not even going to bother going up to watch us play the better teams anymore and instead use the money to go and see us play the weaker teams, because those seem to be the only ones that McShit even remotely tries against.

Oh yeah, and the hoofball needs to stop.

and then i witness an even more defensive performance.....chris waddle got it spot on when he said we look like a team that only cares about the opposition...

anybody watch the newcastle game? they lost 3-0 but played some really nice football with players no better than ours...

how? coz they played to their strengths...didnt worry about chelsea's players and everyone is saying they didnt deserve to get beat 3-0....

Spot on - McLeish bases his tactics 100% on stopping the opposition instead of using what he has to put the opposition on the back foot and that is unacceptable, especially at home. He's managed to turn proven attacking midfielders into second rate defenders !

anybody watch the newcastle game? they lost 3-0 but played some really nice football with players no better than ours...

how? coz they played to their strengths...didnt worry about chelsea's players and everyone is saying they didnt deserve to get beat 3-0....

I watched the Newcastle game and they gave a very good account of themselves, hit the woodwork 3-4 times and got stuck into Chelsea. The two late breakway goals came as they were chasing the game but I am sure their fans would be proud of their performance.

I fell asleep before our game came on at half-past midnight, sounds like I had a lucky escape.

id love to know what we do in training, because it sure isnt practicing keeping the ball. training probably consists of the defenders having a competition to see who can smash it highest and furthest.

You go to Bodymoor and see what a fantastic facility it is and you just think it's a crime that McLeish is in charge there. Think of the work a proper up and coming coach could do on those immaculate pitches, think how grateful and appreciative he would be to work in an environment geared to producing attacking, winning football played by a group of hungry young players - and then cry.

Tell that to the board they hired him.

Undoubtedly this point has been made elsewhere, but I've only just researched the fact that, in the eight full NFL seasons under the ownership of Mr. Lerner, and in a competition predicated on parity mechanised by a hard salary cap, the Cleveland Browns have won their regular season games at a rate of 33.6% and not once made the post-season. Having had the belt tightened here a couple of years ago, I now understand I'd be a fool to expect anything more than the Premier League equivalent from this club.

Save for one or two, the players and the staff at Villa are average at their absolute best, as the aim is merely survival. This will continue ad infinitum, or until there's new ownership, or there aren't several drastically worse teams in the division and this level of ambition gets its reward.

So allow me to publically accept this reality. It's tough to witness, especially played out over an extended time scale, but they're the facts, and they'll manifest in every game. Especially against contenders, even at home. Last night was merely the latest chapter in this seemingly endless story.

PS. Congrats, YankeeinMadrid.

Silly free t-shirts being handed out at half-time, arguments breaking out all over the Upper Holte, little kids running riot on the back row, the game being played solely in our own half, the national media laughing at the state of our Club, a team unable to create a contest against the worst United side seen at Villa Park in years.

Thanks for **** nothing, Lerner, you prick. Get the **** out of my club and take the two ginger clearings in the woods and the billy big bollock General with you!

That is all.

I think we all know how bad we are.

What surprised me is how poor United were. Alot of mis-placed passes. 2nd half they seemed to resort to our tactics. Nowhere near good enough to win the league. Think Spurs are a better shout.

And that's what's so disturbing. That a team can come into Villa Park, play like shit and still win easily....

Just incredible what's going on right now.

I think we all know how bad we are.

What surprised me is how poor United were. Alot of mis-placed passes. 2nd half they seemed to resort to our tactics. Nowhere near good enough to win the league. Think Spurs are a better shout.

And that's what's so disturbing. That a team can come into Villa Park, play like shit and still win easily....

Just incredible what's going on right now.

i think heskey's shot that went out for a throw in epitomises what's wrong at the moment, though losing one nil is hardly them winning easily

I didn't bother watching but am surprised it was only 1-0

Last year united didn't turn up and found themselves 2-0 down and had to put in a massive effort to grab a draw.

This year united didn't turn up and won 1-0. If they had gotten into second gear the score would have been much worse

The fact that their goal came from a defensive mid waiting in the box for a cross says alot.

How many times did we get the ball back (finally) after United passed it around and then passed it directly to their CBs and the half line without even trying to find a Villa player first? Last season the ball would have found its way to Downing or Young and they would have started a quick counter. Now it's just hoooof

Â