Martin O'Neill

maqroll

Judgemant Day: When MON comes back to villa park with sunderland. He will get a mixed response and I actually think the crowd might be slightly higher for this game.
I hope he gets a lot of stick. He deserves it for the way he stabbed us in the back. Not sure which manager I'll hate more in the dug-out that game. Probably McLeish but only just.

Awful lot of bitterness towards a man who gave us our best seasons in years before being seemingly forced into resigning by our clueless chairman.

Made a lot of shite signings, players on extortionate wages which we can't get rid off and consequently we're in a relegation battle. Yes a great manager.

Not sure what kind of reception he'll get when he returns. One things for sure though the ineptness of Lerner and Faulkner and the two clowns they have appointed since getting rid of O'Neill means they have arguably made him look a better manager than he actually is.

Three top six finishes on the spin, a couple of trips to Wembley and season on season improvement for 4 years was good and nothing to be sniffed at but in no way was it a great achievement. Sadly though it seems that spell under O'Neill will be looked at for some time as our best period in a long time especially if Lerner and Faulkner hang around.

Looking at a Sunderland forum they have exactly the same complaints about O'Neill as we did.
Like what?

Players being tired due to lack of rotation is quite popular there..

Ah...

That wasn't ever a criticism I had of him so your use of "we" in your first post was perhaps a bit too inclusive.

You can only rotate if you have a decent squad and I doubt if even the Mackem fans are deluded enough to think they have that.

That said, MON has played 24 players out of a squad of 34 in his 25 matches at the club so lack of rotation doesn't leap up and bite you as their main problem.. :)

I remember alot of people complaining when the squad wasn't used enough through rotation, we had a good enough squad to make rotation but I guess when you buy the likes of Beye and put them on fat wages that the least you'd think is he'd use them more often, maybe not though.

The late subsitution changes is another popular conception there too.

Awful lot of bitterness towards a man who gave us our best seasons in years before being seemingly forced into resigning by our clueless chairman.

Made a lot of shite signings, players on extortionate wages which we can't get rid off and consequently we're in a relegation battle. Yes a great manager.

Yes, MON is the reason we're in a relegation battle. :lol:

have you proof he was "seemingly forced into resigning"

No. :D

I just find it hard to believe that the club would agree an out of court settlement with MON if he'd thrown his toys out the pram and walked out like the two face talentless back stabber he so clearly is.

I find it however quite easy to believe that Randy went back on an agreement with him, moving the goalposts to such a degree that MON felt he could no longer work with him, and subsequently resigned with the intention of taking the club to court for some form of contractual breach... resulting in the club agreeing and out of court settlement with him.

I'm happy to be proven wrong. But I find it hard to have any personal bitterness towards a man who did a very good job for us, especially when compared to a **** chairman who hired Houllier and McLeish.

The guy walked out on us 5 days before kick off

Selfish rocket polisher

Sunderland fans saying how shit Craig Gardner is.

Gardner and Cattermole in the midfield isn't exactly inspiring.

I do feel sorry for the Sunderland fans.

They were having such a great season until MON came along to ruin it for them.

The guy walked out on us 5 days before kick off

Selfish rocket polisher

Why did he walk out CI? Do you know something nobody else does? Did he walk out on a whim, or was he given good reason? The settlement payment suggests he probably had very good reason. Milner left after the season had already started, but I don't see him getting abused for it, and we probably suffered from his loss just as much as MONs.

Â