Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

13 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

For all those of you wished me luck today, I really appreciated it.

Turns out not a brain tumour, but rather a virus that's caused huge issues. I'm due a lumber puncture tomorrow to check for encephalitis and meningitis.

My liver is awful too. The blood tests showed my liver is in a really bad state. Weird, because for the last 7-8 years I've had very little to drink. I've probably had 12 units all year.

Had a lovely day having MRI and CT scans, blood tests, ECG's and morphine.

Well done on not having a brain tumour, that’s always a good thing.

Hopefully the other stuff is manageable :thumb: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Turns out not a brain tumour, but rather a virus that's caused huge issues. I'm due a lumber puncture tomorrow to check for encephalitis and meningitis.

My liver is awful too. The blood tests showed my liver is in a really bad state. Weird, because for the last 7-8 years I've had very little to drink. I've probably had 12 units all year.

That’s great news on the brain tumour and hopefully they can sort the other stuff out regarding the virus. As for the liver that is strange , but I suppose not every liver problem is alcohol related. If you don’t mind me asking how old are you and what’s your diet like? The liver is great at sorting itself out if it hasn’t been too badly damaged .

Really pleased to hear it wasn’t a brain tumour, hopefully that’s a big worry off your shoulders. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If you don’t mind me asking how old are you and what’s your diet like? The liver is great at sorting itself out if it hasn’t been too badly damaged .

I'm 42, and my diet is not too bad during the week, but on a weekend it's awful. We enjoy a takeaway with the kids on a Saturday, and I always make a Sunday roast, but it's in no way good for you. I even roast the carrots in honey 🤤

I suspect the issue with my liver is more related to all the corticosteroids and strong meds I use to control my health condition. I'm probably more worried than I should be because the gent in the bed to my left has liver cancer.

3 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I'm 42, and my diet is not too bad during the week, but on a weekend it's awful. We enjoy a takeaway with the kids on a Saturday, and I always make a Sunday roast, but it's in no way good for you. I even roast the carrots in honey 🤤

I suspect the issue with my liver is more related to all the corticosteroids and strong meds I use to control my health condition. I'm probably more worried than I should be because the gent in the bed to my left has liver cancer.

It’s definitely cause for concern but if they can find the issue why your liver is in bad shape hopefully it can resolve itself. Lots of meds could be the reason or just bad luck . When I had ultrasound on my organs a few years back I was told I had mild fatty liver which the doctor said was nothing to worry about and was very common as we get older , but maybe do more exercise and change diet if needed. Anyway hope all ends well and keep us posted. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Really delighted to hear this. Has she asked you how it went? Hope you can resolve everything and at least this is one big stress lifted from your mind

• Like 1

When you say liver issues is it fatty liver, cirrhosis or something else?

If its fatty liver you can reverse this with lifestyle choices as i did. If its meds related as your post is alluding too might need to speak to GP and get some advice and referred to hematologist 

Also great news about the scan for brain tumour being negative 

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Really delighted to hear this. Has she asked you how it went? Hope you can resolve everything and at least this is one big stress lifted from your mind

No, but she bought my lad over to see me.

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When you say liver issues is it fatty liver, cirrhosis or something else?

If its fatty liver you can reverse this with lifestyle choices as i did. If its meds related as your post is alluding too might need to speak to GP and get some advice and referred to hematologist 

Also great news about the scan for brain tumour being negative 

I've got a very mild fatty liver, but this would not cause the symptoms I have I've been told. They said it's really common in people with auto immune issues. They said they think it might be caused by an infection, which is why they're leaning towards encephalitis or meningitis.

I'm on a ward waiting for more tests.

15 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Seems weird 'liking' a post where you're listing the possible health issues you might still have to deal with but as others have said it's good to hear it's not a tumour.

Hope you get it sorted

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d be tempted to turn the tables, tell her she’s a disgrace and to pack her stuff. 

Yep, if this is the case I'd be the one in the mood, sod her mood.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I'm a bit perplexed by all of this. It sounds like pure rage about something. To not ask your husband of 23 years whether he has a brain tumour... I don't get it.

Even if she is extremely mad at him for something and hates him. To not ask if the father of your child has a brain tumour or not is ridiculous. That's not only showing disrespect for him and their past but really bad parenting and a lack of concern for their son who would have been devastated by any bad news.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep, if this is the case I'd be the one in the mood, sod her mood.

I understand why you'd think that. I just love her with all heart and soul, it's not that easy for me.

My plan, once I get home, is to speak to her definitively to get an answer. It's like living in purgatory. This week has shown me not knowing about what's going on is so much worse than knowing the truth, no matter how bad.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I understand why you'd think that. I just love her with all heart and soul, it's not that easy for me.

My plan, once I get home, is to speak to her definitively to get an answer. It's like living in purgatory. This week has shown me not knowing about what's going on is so much worse than knowing the truth, no matter how bad.

I do get that, but if I loved someone that much, that level of coldness would make me really angry.

Anyway, I don't know the ins and outs of your situation and I just hope everything works out for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope I get a few replies even from the single VTers . How many times a week are we having sex . I’ve been with my wife 14 years, and it’s been very up and down(no pun intended). Things can get stale etc etc, but just been talking to my wife about how many times a week kind of people we are. I’m now, and have been for a while, a few years infact  a once a week man , maybe twice. There are weeks we may do it more, but we’ve had times where we’ve gone weeks without it , the odd occasion going into a month . Don’t get me wrong when I want it I want it, but if I don’t want it I really don’t want it. My wife said she’s a 4/5 times a week person, which she is, although if she is doing it that many times it’s not with me. Life is busy and there’s times she can’t be arsed because she’s too tired, but she is very sexual . She did admit though intimacy in terms of kisses and cuddles is just as if not more important. 

Anyway …..

Edited by Rugeley Villa

14 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Hope I get a few replies even from the single VTers . How many times a week are we having sex . I’ve been with my wife 14 years, and it’s been very up and down(no pun intended). Things can get stale etc etc, but just been talking to my wife about how many times a week kind of people we are. I’m now, and have been for a while, a few years infact  a once a week man , maybe twice. There are weeks we may do it more, but we’ve had times where we’ve gone weeks without it , the odd occasion going into a month . Don’t get me wrong when I want it I want it, but if I don’t want it I really don’t want it. My wife said she’s a 4/5 times a week person, which she is, although if she is doing it that many times it’s not with me. Life is busy and there’s times she can’t be arsed because she’s too tired, but she is very sexual . She did admit though intimacy in terms of kisses and cuddles is just as if not more important. 

Anyway …..

I think the answer to this is always age related.

Ten years ago at least five times a week.

Now it’s more like two, three if lucky.

No one’s fault really, just getting older 😒

• Thanks 1

On 29/09/2023 at 16:11, Jonesy7211 said:

Yeah, you need to know one way or the other. From what you say, I think she has treated you very poorly. Especially when she has cheated before. However, there is always two sides to a story, and she may well perceive things differently and have her own concerns. 

Â