Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Go for it! You sound like you really like her and don't think about stuff like 'punching above your weight' or anything like that - she likes you and that is all that matters. Women are generally less shallow than men anyway!  :)

Haha they must be and some very good points made. The confidence prior to this had just taken quite a big dent but as you allude, nothing to hold back on. Cheers.  

enjoy it knoppy, if she's the one it'll be fantastic, if she isn't, well 5 years from now she'll be a funny anecdote

have fun and enjoy life and don't make the love life more important than breathing in and out

not until you're absolutely bang certain anyway

• Like 1

enjoy it knoppy, if she's the one it'll be fantastic, if she isn't, well 5 years from now she'll be a funny anecdote

have fun and enjoy life and don't make the love life more important than breathing in and out

not until you're absolutely bang certain anyway

Well I've been there before haha. 

You're absolutely spot on mate; there is of course more to life.  

If you think she's so far out of your league, there'll be an obvious reason why she's slumming it with you. My guess would be that she's got a willy. 

Or maybe I'm just presuming that because it happened to me, it'll happen to you?

• Like 2

All the best knoppy! Good luck to you mate, even if it doesn't work out at least you get to smash her flaps for a while!

Go for it chap :)

Haha amazing way of putting it. I'm on the case, Cheers pal. 

If you think she's so far out of your league, there'll be an obvious reason why she's slumming it with you. My guess would be that she's got a willy. 

Or maybe I'm just presuming that because it happened to me, it'll happen to you?

That would be a travesty. How did you cope?  :D

Men who marry women who aren't out of their league are making a terrible, terrible mistake.

I like this sentiment. I think the ex-wife to be was probably in my league - top six and I was mid-table. As a human being I was Maldini (sure he hasn't bolloxed much up) she was Maradona.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you already know what you should do, plus it wouldn't be fair on your current girlfriend to string her along. Just gotta man up and bite the bullet.

Yeah.

The whole issue is:

I'm leaving Poland on Thursday. She's 20, dropped out of university (nothing to do with me), not got a job or anything over here, never lived anywhere but her parents house, in less than a year out of high school (they finish at 19 in Poland)

If she stays in Poland, she'll have wasted a year but she can study starting September and it's free over here.

The other option (and what we've talked about a lot) is her coming over to England and going to college. However, we're miles away with regards to maturity (i've lived on my own for 4 years), qualifications (I don't want to support somebody at 23) and she'll be living in a foreign country having only been together for 6 months.

In addition to that, we argue over ridiculous shit. We fell out today because I wanted a day to myself because we're spending the next 3 days solid together.

Tough conversation next time I see her.

I'm in a mess.

The sensible thing to do for everybody is to end my current relationship but the short term will suck.

silly question but are you in love with her, or do you at least think you could be?

Â