Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

take a decent but discreet razor with you, if she really is Portugese you'll be hard pressed finding your way in or out of there

aw see, top of the page, the momentum's lost

• Like 1

I kind of what I should do, I have enough experience in the dating game at 26, but let me give you the scenario anyway.

About 9 months ago I got a cute Indian girls number outside House of Fraser, next to the Colmore Business District, those of you from Brum will know where I'm on about. But she barely text back and rarely picked up the phone when I rang when I was trying to get with her. Claiming she was busy etc. So I deleted her number, and deleted her off my facebook. I didn't send any abusive texts or anything like that, I just deleted the number. Tonight out of the blue she has text me saying 'sorry for ignoring your text etc etc'  Because I did not have her number anymore, I did not know who it was, so I was shocked when I asked who it was to discover it was her. She's now telling me shes back in Birmingham from Leicester uni for the summer, saying 'I'm only trying to be nice and things of that nature.

In that scenario would you talk/text back to her, ignore her or something else?

Edited by Voinjama

The girl I sat beside said to me "I love how you Irish say 'a wee bit'". So got talking to her. 

Silly bint is mixing up Scottish and Irish. I can see CVByrne effecting a Scots accent in his quest to bed this beauty.

• Like 1

Right, so in your life some great things happen. Normally I fck it up when those moments present themselves. 

On Sunday I was trying to end my phone call with my mate as I just got on the train into London from the airport. The girl I sat beside said to me "I love how you Irish say 'a wee bit'". So got talking to her. She's Portuguese, she's been in England for 6 years, she's a paediatric surgeon and lives in Cambridge. She's done Rhythmic Gymnastics and swimming since she was a kid and loves dancing. Oh and she is utterly stunning, I mean scientifically perfect. She gave me her number after we got to London and I've been texting her since and she's invited me up to Cambridge.

So without sounding like an arrogant dick (that would be so unlike me) I am good looking but, I'm no fcking model or nothing and I am a very confident person. But still, I have to say it's incredibly intimidating thinking about going on a date with her. She is painfully beautiful and that's before you get to the fact she's a bloody surgeon, saving kids lives. We did click well when we were chatting on the train, I made her laugh a couple of times (Irish charm at work, thank the lord for being Irish). 

But still, this is uncharted territory. Spend the whole day up in Cambridge with her, no dutch courage for most of the day too. 

So with the fore knowledge that this will not end the way I want it to end, I think chronicling the story here will be good for my acceptance (and likely amuse a few of ye).

I'm very open to any advice or nerve settling drugs that can be legally aquired. 

Get her pregnant mate, because by the sound of it, you have little chance of making this last  - she's perfect looking you're 'good looking but no model', she's a surgeon you're what?

Word to the wise, get her up the duff, keep her forever. She's Portuguese and so probably a catholic and would therefore not have an abortion.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

So I'm in need of some advice from some more experienced folk:

The first night back out at university i ended up getting with this very attractive girl who was a friend's house mate. We'd got on well before but she'd had a boyfriend however they broke up during the summer. Following that night we texted a lot and met up a few days later during a night out where we got together again and she stayed round mine. However nothing happened because her ex was trying to ring her and she didn't want to rush into anything yet. Over the next few weeks we kept meeting up on nights out and getting with each other but we also meet up for lunch a few times and just got to know each other better. About a month down the line she came round mine to watch a film and for the first time whilst sober we kissed. She didn't stay though as she visiting a friends the next morning but i was buzzing because for the first time i actually felt it was turning into a relationship. 

That weekend i went out with the lads, confident that i had got myself a girlfriend. However on the Sunday my friend (who was this girl's housemate) informed me that whilst on a night out with her friends this girl had got with and given head to another guy. I was extremely upset, especially as she probably wouldn't have told me if my friend wouldn't have. For the next few months i completely cut off from her emotionally but was always polite / friendly whenever we crossed paths. She later explained that she was sorry for what happened but didn't know how i felt about her and thought of us differently to me. 

A month on whilst out in town i got a drunken text from her asking me to come over which i drunkenly obliged too. I stayed the night and slept with her. The following day she asked if i was willing to give us a go which i was. However we said we would take it slow and not rush into anything as there were only a few weeks until the Christmas holidays where we wouldn't see each other for a month. During this period things were going really well but then the ex boyfriend came knocking again. She was honest with me and explained she did still have feelings for him (which i feel is natural for anyone you spend a few years with) but that she wanted to move on. At this point i realised i was very  much rebound but was ok with it because i really liked her. 

Xmas holidays came and we parted ways to see how we felt upon return in the new year. But then after a few weeks she asked if she could come up and stay. I was delighted as i felt it was her confirming she wanted to be with me. She came, we had a lovely few days and she met the family etc. When she left everything seemed great however a fortnight later, 2 days before returning to university she rang me and said she didn't want to be together because she still hadn't properly moved on. I appreciated her honesty and had always suspected this was the case but was gutted nonetheless.

Upon return to uni I did find things hard though and tried to get over her by sleeping with as many women as possible...This was only furthered when i found out (on valentines day) that her x, through persistence, had convinced them to give it another go.  As i really liked her i decided to do the chivalrous thing and wish her all the best, and respect her decision as i had throughout. 2 weeks on though she realised that she had made a mistake which she openly admitted to me during a night out in town one evening. (this may sound arrogant but compared to her ex i seemed like saint) She broke it off with her ex (again) and asked if she had ruined things with me. We'd always kept on good terms and i explained we wouldn't be having this conversation if that was the case. However i told her i thought she needed some time to herself to clear her mind and emotions instead of jumping from one relationship to the next. 

After a month or so of trying to keep away neither of us could resist any more and i went down to visit her and we got back together. We have been together for the past 4 months and have a great relationship (despite her ex's best efforts)  I genuinely love her and enjoy every minute with her. Our relationship has continued to progress and im about to go on holiday with her (and here parents :s) soon. However because of all that has happened there is always a bit of doubt in my mind. I trust her and she has always been honest with me but every time she goes out i can't but get very jealous or fearful that she'll do something stupid. 

My question / need for advice is:

Did i do the right thing with giving this another (third) go?

And will my feelings of fear / jealousy fade over time as our relationship grows?

Sorry for the long post but it just actually feels great to just get it off my chest! 

The girl I sat beside said to me "I love how you Irish say 'a wee bit'". So got talking to her. 

Silly bint is mixing up Scottish and Irish. I can see CVByrne effecting a Scots accent in his quest to bed this beauty.

Ye Cork muckers are too far away from civilisation to know what the rest of the country says.  :P

I say 'Aye' and 'wee bit' often. It's an Ulster thing that rubbed off on me from my Cavan and Donegal friends. Scotland has got sweet f all to do with how we speak. 

Anyway, I'm gonna take this offline now. Just spent 3 hours on WhatsApp chatting with her there. This might be something proper so ye lot will understand. 

I kind of what I should do, I have enough experience in the dating game at 26, but let me give you the scenario anyway.

About 9 months ago I got a cute Indian girls number outside House of Fraser, next to the Colmore Business District, those of you from Brum will know where I'm on about. But she barely text back and rarely picked up the phone when I rang when I was trying to get with her. Claiming she was busy etc. So I deleted her number, and deleted her off my facebook. I didn't send any abusive texts or anything like that, I just deleted the number. Tonight out of the blue she has text me saying 'sorry for ignoring your text etc etc'  Because I did not have her number anymore, I did not know who it was, so I was shocked when I asked who it was to discover it was her. She's now telling me shes back in Birmingham from Leicester uni for the summer, saying 'I'm only trying to be nice and things of that nature.

In that scenario would you talk/text back to her, ignore her or something else?

That one ain't worth pursuing in my experience. 

Ye Cork muckers are too far away from civilisation to know what the rest of the country says.  :P

I say 'Aye' and 'wee bit' often. It's an Ulster thing that rubbed off on me from my Cavan and Donegal friends. Scotland has got sweet f all to do with how we speak. 

Anyway, I'm gonna take this offline now. Just spent 3 hours on WhatsApp chatting with her there. This might be something proper so ye lot will understand. 

Cmon man ....steve would have shagged her by now (twice)..got her to make him a fry in the morning ,clean the house , Iron his underpants and give her the bus fare home by now !!!!

• Like 1

Â