• Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • N'Zogbia (for Ireland 55)
    • Bannan (for Heskey 63)
    • Albrighton (for Delph 76)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

[table color=#bccde9:c2157d148c][mrow][mcol color=#cfcfff:c2157d148c]Man City[mcol]4-1[mcol color=#8c333c:c2157d148c]Aston Villa

[row][col color=#cfcfff:c2157d148c]Balotelli 28[col][col color=#8c333c:c2157d148c]

[row][col color=#cfcfff:c2157d148c]Johnson 47[col][col color=#8c333c:c2157d148c]

[row][col color=#cfcfff:c2157d148c]Kompany 52[col][col color=#8c333c:c2157d148c]

[row][col color=#cfcfff:c2157d148c][col][col color=#8c333c:c2157d148c]Warnock 65

[row][col color=#cfcfff:c2157d148c]Milner 70[col][col color=#8c333c:c2157d148c]

[/table]

predictable, 1st goal weas key and a shocking start to the second half, but the team competed well initially, but money took over.

there is a gulf in class there which currently we are a very long way away from matching.

but we move on next to west brom and sunderland two very winnable games so, move on from this one.

Good first 20 minutes, should have been in front but then once City got the goal, it was tough to get into it. Disappointing the way we conceded the goals, at least if you want to lose, you want to lose it by goals like Milner (4th, irrelevant) and not goals like the first 3.

No doubt there will be an over-reaction despite playing the team top of the league who have a £400 million worth squad but oh well, I look forward to next week. Winnable game.

We looked very poor for the most against a team which is making all but the best teams in the division look very poor, so no real surprise. To be honest, I was thinking the scoreline could be worse, so not too disheartened.

As expected. Our record away at City is so bad it isn't even funny. Since the 2007/08 season it's gone like this:

Man City 1-0 Villa

Man City 2-0 Villa

Man City 3-1 Villa

Man City 4-0 Villa

Man City 3-0 Villa

Man City 4-1 Villa

Why do we have such a terrible record there? I mean, in our last 3 home games against them we've won 4-2, drawn 1-1 and won 1-0.

Warnock MOTM for screwing up but having the grit to put it right with the goal. One of the few players who didn't appear to have a defeatist 'well, it's Man City...' type attitude beyond the first quarter of an hour. Also came close with two first half efforts.

Some may paint this as a gulf in class due to oil money, but the fact is we lost to 3 cheap goals and a screamer. None of that was helped by our poor passing, poor subs and sitting too deep as the game went on. We could have had a better go at this game than we did, 20-ish minutes of positive play doesn't cut it imo.

expected result, at times better than expected performance, heskey was shit bannan was unlucky not to start but i spose he had a knock for the jocks, not much to say about city weakened team with 2 huge games this week, not always a bad thing the likes of balotelli and johnson turned up

up until the shocking 2nd goal we were in the game, for ten minutes 1st half when they scored they certainly outplayed us but i wouldnt use the expression battered, 2nd half i would

I'd already taken to the fact that we was going to lose. It's happened and i'm not surprised. The distance between us and City are huge and it showed. We tried and got beat. Let's move on.

Didn't even bother listening today, probably lowest interest since starting supporting forty years ago. That's modern football for you. Can't compete with mega rich clubs. Interest will resume when I fly over for the baggies next week. Money is killing this game.

While we never really had a realistic chance today I'm disappointed in Mcleish. There was no shape to the play and I have no idea what formation we were trying to play. We left the game far too open and were punished for it. Petrov was overrun in the midfield. Heskey was absolutely terrible. I think today Mcleish was trying to play entertaining football when in reality it was the right time for a backs to the wall grind it out attempt. He should have done today what the majority of fans have been moaning at him not to do.

'Depressing' is the word to describe such inevitability.

You can blame Lerner, and yes it is much more his fault than McLeish's, but the reality is we were beaten by modern football.

We have had to retract our spending - largely as a result of the lavish spending of our opponents and there's no denying that.

What can McLeish do at individual errors that are punished by one of the best squads in the world? I despair.

2nd goal was the killer. Stupid Warnock. 1-0 down at the end of the 1st half, wasn't too bad - had a couple of chances.

But then step out in the 2nd half concede a really sloppy 2nd and there's no way back. City when confident are always going to add more.

Generally there's not a lot to draw from today. City are going to beat nearly everyone at home. I thought we could've pressed forward a bit more in the early stages, when City were playing a bit slow & giving the ball away. We had Gabby's chance but never really stepped up the pace. Once they got into the game, the goal was inevitable, and as I said, once the 2nd went in the game was over. Not that it was likely we were going to get anything from 1-0 down, but the 2nd might've been more interesting if we'd held out for a bit.

Not sure who MOTM is. No-one really stood out.

Â