• Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • N'Zogbia (for Ireland 55)
    • Bannan (for Heskey 63)
    • Albrighton (for Delph 76)

While the result was expected the scoreline was disappointing and probably flattered them slightly. No complaints about Balotelli's goal but Johnson was slightly offside I thought, and Milner should have been closed down. But I thought we did alright.

Delph is undoubtedly the weak link at the moment and Eck really needs to try something else - Clark, Gardner or Herd or someone in that spot. Every time he gets the ball he gets put under pressure and is only capable of a hurried back-pass, anything else is invariably straight back to the opposition.

Man city are a better team than us but i have say after watching that there seems to be a total lack of passion. it was a game that we were always likely to lose but i would be happy if we at least had a go. it almost seems at times the players are not sure what they are doing at times. it all seem a bit clueless. Im not sure what mcleish was doing bringing heskey in. that 4-2-3-1 system is a total bag of wank. he should of played the diamond formation with petrov holding and Ireland behind gabby and bent with bannan and herd in the middle. i like herd he reminds me of Tim cahill and it really is time that Delph was left out. i know alot of people on here want him to have a chance but he has been poor in every game apart from one half against blackburn. people will say a diamond reduces the width but it works better as we have people that can play in the positions. there is no point playing gabby wide he more dangerous upfront and allbrighton is way off form and the less said about nzogbia the better. i think mcleish must take the blame for picking a formation that doesn't work and picking the wrong personel. don't get me wrong we probably would have lost but i don't think it would have been as inept as the performance was today.

The pro McLeish brigade took time to set their stall out for defeat before this game
I think there's 16 teams in the league that will set their stall out for a defeat before playing Man City away this season.

The only ones who won't are Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea, and even Chelsea will be nervous about it, and Liverpool should be looking for a defeat, but they're just deluded about how good they are.

See where your argument breaks down is that if every club had that mentality, there would never be an upset, the favourites would always win wouldnt they?

Actually, when push comes to shove, its 11 v 11 and if you prepare properly, you give yourself a chance, just a sliver of an opportunity to go and win. Call it a game plan. Did we have one today? Please explain what it was apart from sitting deep and hitting Gabby?

No, because upsets are upsets because they aren't expected.

We're also not talking about the clubs, we're on about the fans, so where your argument falls down is the fact that what the fans think leading up to a game bears no relevance on how the club prepares for it.

You are a rude person aren't you - had a row with the wife ?

Als o you appear to lack basic skills.

The post talked about the perfromance today, and the fact that losing to Man City was not because of money but the reasons stated. It went on to criticise Lerners stewardship of the Club.

Nothing I said was rude, I simply asked a question based on the fact your post contradicted itself. And you've admitted that my first inference of your post was correct, that you want Lerner to pour even more of his wealth into it, so where exactly is the problem?

You suggested the Post was 'Incoherent Rambling'. you didn't 'simply ask a question'.

And I have not 'admitted' anything - Officer - you suggested I wanted him to spend all his money and I said, and still say, no such thing.

On the other hand, other than criticise what I said, you have offered no response to the points I was making other than to say other owners lend money to their Clubs.

The 'problem' is the lack of a logical debate.

byeee

I expected us to lose 4:0 - but for the first 20 mins i genuinely thought that score line wouldn't happen.

What worries me is when we did have possession as in many times this season we look clueless as what to do with the ball in the final third, Gabby was the only threat we had and Warnock also did his best to get fwd.

McCleish bought Nzogbia surely as Young/Downing replacement on the wing and yet he's never really played there. Albrighton hasn't been great but surely he on the right and Nzogbia on the left is the best attacking set up. Midfield wise we are just all over the place, I don't rate Delph at all this season and I think Bannan and Ireland would get turned over by most teams.

we play like Birmingham City did under McCleish, i'm not a ' Eck hater' but we are as bad as we were under O'Leary.

Nobody laying in Ireland, good news, perhaps he IS becoming a decent player for us.

He was pretty rubbish tbf, it's just people have become used to him being totally anonymous and he at least touched the ball a few times today. Still crap though.

Turned the radio off at 2-0.

I knew we would lose so not really arsed about the result...it's the predictability of the results against the top 4 that are making the game boring. Football is now way down my list of priorities and teams like Citeh are one of the reasons it's all going to shite

Amen-Brother.jpg

after sitting through sky glossing over an utter borefest of "the biggest derby in england" then this utterly predictable bollocks ive had enough for one weekend, even the accumalators are a waste of **** time now, city were something like 1/7 on one sheet i saw

Only positive was Milner not celebrating his goal.

Ireland motm, should never have been taken off. Gabby should have scored his early chance but I'll let him off because of his form so far and he was our biggest threat today. Heskey shouldnt be near the starting xi.

Let's pick ourselves up and move on.

Razor

I think you're actually in the minority, most viewers etc (especially the media) seem to think he was decent...3 mates who were at the game say he was above the average 6/10 from last match

We're all entitled to an opinion, I'm hoping you're wrong though, we could really do with a positive like Ireland being a performer again!

The modern values of the game are draining all my interest in football - today pretty much summed it up.

No money = no hope.

There are people way, way, way above Randy Lerner and particularly Alex McLeish on the list of who should be blamed for our demise. Namely Rupert Murdoch, Richard Scudamore, etc etc.. but that debate's for another thread.

The only thing Lerner should be blamed for is over-ambition. Over-ambition completely scuppered by far superior wealth. Pretty much what English football is about. I envy the people of Germany.

Disappointing really, I know it's Man City and they're rich and that, but with Mancini putting a weakened team out I thought we might have stood more of a chance, obviously not.

MoM to me, James Milner for having the respect not to celebrate against the club I think he still loves.

Ok this is getting a tad annoying, Milner does NOT give a TOSS about us

We were merely a convenient stepping stone

Wankstain, money grabbing word removed

What a predictable thread. Fellow Villa fans tearing chunks out of each other, posters extrapolating todays result to justify their views about Lerner or AMcL coupled with with the usual outrageous comments.

The facts are really simple. Football today is all about money. We played a side who have invested the thick end of half a billion pounds in their squad. Their strength in depth is such that they can rest their so called better players and beat us comfortably.

Personally I don't believe it would have made one jot of difference who our manager was. Its all about how much you pay the prostitutes that are most premiership footballers to play for you. Or MON would have made a difference? Try checking the recent results away to Man City.

The simple fact is that Randy Lerner has not got enough money or more likely does not want to commit money to compete with countries or individuals who have made their money in natural resources and by and large have virtually unlimited resources. The clowns who regularly call for Lerner to leave are expecting what precisely? Oh yes that will be some sovereign state in the Middle East to buy us. All that will make us is the same as the pimps that are the owners and fans of the likes of Man City.

Its a terribly sad condemnation of modern day football that I like probably many Villa fans had little interest in following todays match. It was abundantly clear what would happen, namely we would be soundly beaten. Of course that has given the McLeish haters fresh impetus but that is really missing the point. I personally doubt that any of the managers we could have had at the club post MON or Houllier could have done any better.

Oh and one final thought. Milner not celebrating his goal? What a **** joke that is. He was going nowhere with his career save for having a season ticket for the U21s until he played for us. Perceived better money and prospects with Man City and he could not leave quick enough. I'd rather he had gone ape shit when he scored. At least that would have suggested he actually cared about his latest paymasters. The only slack I would cut him is he did not act like a total rocket polisher a la Gareth Barry.

All too predictable.

Thought Benty slotted in well at left back during the first half. Don't know how Ireland is ahead in the VT MOTM poll. Hoping Clark may be the best product of our academy. Glad to see the fight in Bannan when he got booked. He wasn't taking Citeh's olé shite without a fight, good lad.

Haters got what they want, spirited first half performance, no chance second half.

I suppose we're going down now officially?

Delighted, absolutely ecstatic we were battered so I can mention how shit out manager is and more. A few of us are off to the pub to celebrate the fact we will never ever be as great as we once we, care to join us?

Brilliant stuff.

[/sarcasm]

Pissed off with people thinking I and others enjoy losing just because we do not believe what the board want us to and more. Shocking other fans can think any real fan can enjoy losing.

Â