• Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • N'Zogbia (for Ireland 55)
    • Bannan (for Heskey 63)
    • Albrighton (for Delph 76)

Didn't see the match...gonna watch football first later. How about this idea: Clark as DM and Cuellar at CB with Dunney.

Hutton (can only improve!!)-Carlos-Dunne-Warnock

Clark

Bannan Petrov

Ireland

Bent-Gabby

Takers?

I would love Carlos back in the team but it will not happen under AM, I think Carlos will be off in January and we'll sign somebody for peanuts who is cheaper and not as good.

Barry had earned the right to move on

He served us well

...and fans have the right to boo him after his Liverpool platitudes and NOTW double-page spread.

I admire everyone who paid £38 to go to the Commonwealth Games stadium today as we all knew, deep down, what the result would be.

lose to WBA an the writing is on the wall

Eh? After losing two games on the bounce? Your mad.

I always thought this game was one of those you just have to get played and push on from. Without their hundreds of millions to spend, our record in Manchester is terrible anyway.

I have full confidence in McLeish to get them fired up for a win over the Baggies. The response to the Bolton defeat suggests this. I think being too negative after a defeat to a team of title contenders with the best squad on paper in the league is just silly.

We will learn a lot more about the character and quality of the squad and manager over the next 4 games, where quite simply 8 points has to be a minimum.

WBA

Sunderland

Norwich

Swansea

So it seems 4-1 is acceptable because we were playing City who are streets better than everyone else

Oh apart from Fulham who drew 2-2 with them the other week... We know they are better than us and Fulham for that matter but it does appear that a bit of fight and bite can still give you a chance

My mate watched it said defence was a shambles at time and midfield was non existent ... I can't really comment as I didn't see any of it but his assessments are usually spot on

Re Milner ... Did he hand in a transfer request ?

My understanding was city enquired and MON eventually decided that Ireland and McGeedy was a good exchange for Milner , that Lerner then withdrew the McGeedy money was why MoN walked wasn't it ?

Only seen highlights so cant judge properly but yet again same people not perfoming. Hutton i know he still needs time but everytime a defender goes round (which seems to be alot) he just walks back as if to say i tried its your problem now but i know he still needs time. Next delph what happened to him he was supposed to be the next best thing but it looks like he isnt. Cm is a vital position and he needs to improve passing and productivity to keep it. I did read somewhere that someone thought he was more like a lb and would be hapy yo give him a game there as warnock is forever making vital mistakes. Clark, bannan and if it jenas must start for me. Yet another must win game next

It's hard to just say that the whole team lacked any passion. Stan was still getting stuck in and chasing everything down wherever he could, a captain leading by example as always.

We never expected to get anything, but it's the way we lost that frustrates me. 2 goals from corners and 1 from a poor individual mistake. 3 goals that in reality are easy to cut out. That's why they beat us. If we start to not defend corners again we'll be **** this season.

The modern values of the game are draining all my interest in football - today pretty much summed it up.

No money = no hope.

There are people way, way, way above Randy Lerner and particularly Alex McLeish on the list of who should be blamed for our demise. Namely Rupert Murdoch, Richard Scudamore, etc etc.. but that debate's for another thread.

The only thing Lerner should be blamed for is over-ambition. Over-ambition completely scuppered by far superior wealth. Pretty much what English football is about. I envy the people of Germany.

You know what, this post is spot on.

In Germany you pay for a cheap match ticket, and also get free food and drink at the ground and travel to and from the game included. The result? Stadia which are full with the people who make football what it is.

Football in this country is completely soulless, something which was there for all to see again today. I only go now because I love Aston Villa - everything else about modern day football I despise, epitomised by Manchester City.

It's also epitomised by over-paid, egotistical players such as Mario Balotelli who heap further shame on the whole modern day football machine. His antics today were a disgrace. Yet all the media circus can do is chuckle and say "he's a character isn't he".

Their arrogant, new-age fans can sing "Walsall, Walsall, give us a song?" as much as they like. But I still have pride in the fact my football club built a successful history throughout an era when football was about football, and not money and media. I moan about certain decisions Lerner has made and how he seems to be running the club, yet I can also categorically say I'd hate to be like Man City. It's so hollow. I feel sorry for their true fans - surely they can't really enjoy this manufactured and unbridled success?

I hate having a defeatist attitude but there comes a point when you just literally cannot compete with these mega-rich clubs. Man City have hand-picked the best players in the game because of a wealthy owner and they are now a club of world-class footballers and athletes. How can you compete with that? Today Citeh played a virtual second team resting the likes of Dzeko, Silva, and Toure and with players like Aguero out injured.

Yes, we had a couple of chances, and yes, we played pretty poorly and nowhere near out best. There are things wrong with this football club, like most football clubs, but today I'm not going to apportion any sort of blame in the direction of anyone in Claret & Blue. It was a foregone conclusion before I set out for the game this morning. We were beaten by the financial monster which has ruined football as we used to know it.

Let's not argue amongst ourselves. Man Citeh did a good enough job with that earlier when they started a mini-riot with their stewards.

The modern values of the game are draining all my interest in football - today pretty much summed it up.

No money = no hope.

There are people way, way, way above Randy Lerner and particularly Alex McLeish on the list of who should be blamed for our demise. Namely Rupert Murdoch, Richard Scudamore, etc etc.. but that debate's for another thread.

The only thing Lerner should be blamed for is over-ambition. Over-ambition completely scuppered by far superior wealth. Pretty much what English football is about. I envy the people of Germany.

You know what, this post is spot on.

In Germany you pay for a cheap match ticket, and also get free food and drink at the ground and travel to and from the game included. The result? Stadia which are full with the people who make football what it is.

Football in this country is completely soulless, something which was there for all to see again today. I only go now because I love Aston Villa - everything else about modern day football I despise, epitomised by Manchester City.

It's also epitomised by over-paid, egotistical players such as Mario Balotelli who heap further shame on the whole modern day football machine. His antics today were a disgrace. Yet all the media circus can do is chuckle and say "he's a character isn't he".

Their arrogant, new-age fans can sing "Walsall, Walsall, give us a song?" as much as they like. But I still have pride in the fact my football club built a successful history throughout an era when football was about football, and not money and media. I moan about certain decisions Lerner has made and how he seems to be running the club, yet I can also categorically say I'd hate to be like Man City. It's so hollow. I feel sorry for their true fans - surely they can't really enjoy this manufactured and unbridled success?

I hate having a defeatist attitude but there comes a point when you just literally cannot compete with these mega-rich clubs. Man City have hand-picked the best players in the game because of a wealthy owner and they are now a club of world-class footballers and athletes. How can you compete with that? Today Citeh played a virtual second team resting the likes of Dzeko, Silva, and Toure and with players like Aguero out injured.

Yes, we had a couple of chances, and yes, we played pretty poorly and nowhere near out best. There are things wrong with this football club, like most football clubs, but today I'm not going to apportion any sort of blame in the direction of anyone in Claret & Blue. It was a foregone conclusion before I set out for the game this morning. We were beaten by the financial monster which has ruined football as we used to know it.

Let's not argue amongst ourselves. Man Citeh did a good enough job with that earlier when they started a mini-riot with their stewards.

Great posts both tbh, well done.

I'd like to explain why this happened, because it's not without blame from the stewards. Showsec have been making a big deal about stopping people standing in block 109 (three blocks to the right of the away end), and they tried to kick out a bloke who was quite clearly doing nothing wrong today.

They went in all guns blazing at this old bloke with heart problems, do you really expect that City fans nearby would stand by and let it happen? Because the treatment of this guy by Showsec and GMP is nothing short of disgraceful.

I'd like to explain why this happened, because it's not without blame from the stewards. Showsec have been making a big deal about stopping people standing in block 109 (three blocks to the right of the away end), and they tried to kick out a bloke who was quite clearly doing nothing wrong today.

They went in all guns blazing at this old bloke with heart problems, do you really expect that City fans nearby would stand by and let it happen? Because the treatment of this guy by Showsec and GMP is nothing short of disgraceful.

Totally agree with you on this, what a disgrace.

Not that I don't love the German game, but where the hell does this free food, drink and travel happen?! :shock:

Clearly I'm supporting the wrong German team.

Not that I don't love the German game, but where the hell does this free food, drink and travel happen?! :shock:

Clearly I'm supporting the wrong German team.

I'll have to check back with my mate who knows a lot more about the German game than me. But it's definitely done at certain German clubs.

As for the Man City incident. It's clearly another example of the way fans are treated like scumbags these days by jobsworth club officials, police and stewards. It's certainly not a problem exclusive to Eastlands.

Haters got what they want, spirited first half performance, no chance second half.

I suppose we're going down now officially?

Give the trolling a rest, it is getting very boring now.

Â