Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

Dave Kitson and Kevin Doyle were as good a partnership you could get at this level the season Reading got promoted with about 900 points.

Yep, both went from genuine threats over night to target men and work horses...but that is what shitty transfers to McCarthy and Pulis sides do for you. Doyle went with the flow and did his best for the side. Kitson told Pulis to get **** and ruined his career pretty much. 

If he's getting side effects from heading a football then his brain must be mush. Another victim of chronic traumatic encephalopathy. 

In other news it looks nailed on the MON/Keane will be staying on as the management team regardless of our performance in the last two group games.

Edited by villa89

Thanks Scotland! :D

Yoink!

Put simply, Ireland needed Scotland to win. Gordon Strachan’s side now move into second place in that group, two points clear of Slovakia and one win away from sealing a playoff place.

However, this is where Irish support of Scotland ends as, because the runners-up ‘league table’ doesn’t take into account results against the sixth-ranked sides in the respective groups, if Scotland fail to beat Slovenia on Sunday, and Ireland win their final two matches this weekend, Ireland will finish ahead of them regardless of what happens anywhere else.

tumblr_mi9z7sW4Sg1s59745o1_400.gif

I can't remember the last time I so eagerly awaited the announcement of the starting line-up.  Home to bottom of the table with the possibility of a Villa striker making his debut.  Don't let me down Martin! :) 

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

I can't remember the last time I so eagerly awaited the announcement of the starting line-up.  Home to bottom of the table with the possibility of a Villa striker making his debut.  Don't let me down Martin! :) 

Knowing MON it will be aidan mcgeady playing off daryl murphy

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

"Same again boys. Keep it tight, hit them on the break."

• Haha 2

As much as I couldn't stand him walking out he's done a good job with them. Very workmanlike starting 11, lost Coleman halfway through the qualification, didn't have Walters or Long as options tonight and still they pull 2nd out of the bag ahead of decent teams like Wales and Austria.

Play offs will be much harder than last time though.

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

I'd be very surprised if Italy, Sweden and Portugal don't make it through the play offs. Ireland are going to have to pull off a minor miracle to make it Russia but it's certainly now a possibility.

Unless I'm wrong, Sweden are unlikely to be seeded. Wouldn't fancy them against Italy/Portugal/Croatia. Having said that, I expect Portugal to beat Switzerland tomorrow, leaving the Swiss in the playoffs.

On Ireland, we have a pretty limited set of players, but we don't half play reductive shite! Results business I suppose but I don't expect to watch the boys in green in Russia next summer.

Â