Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Yeah we're agreeing here.  I said at the outset that we'd lose regardless.  As for the effort.  UEFA can tart it up all they want.  At the end of the day it's a friendly in the minds of most of the players. If you're not qualifying for a major tournament then you're basically avoiding injury 'til you get back to your day job.

From what I am reading if we get relegated and we will. Denmark will beat us as well then it will damage our seedings for Euro 2020 and we will be in pot 3. So it was a big game for players wanting to get there.

Just now, Zatman said:

From what I am reading if we get relegated and we will. Denmark will beat us as well then it will damage our seedings for Euro 2020 and we will be in pot 3. So it was a big game for players wanting to get there.

Yeah I get that.  It's UEFA attempting to competition-ise what the friendlies used to do to the world rankings.  That won't change many players' mindsets though I bet.  If it quacks like a duck :) 

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

Has the matchday revenue changed in that regard?

the revenue is the same but whereas before england could have played spain organised by each others FAs with each getting a share of the spoils, now they have to cross UEFA's palm with silver in the same way they have to during the qualifiers and UEFA will get control of the TV and sponsorship rights too

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

the revenue is the same but whereas before england could have played spain organised by each others FAs with each getting a share of the spoils, now they have to cross UEFA's palm with silver in the same way they have to during the qualifiers and UEFA will get control of the TV and sponsorship rights too

Criminals.

Friendlies is just a way to rob fans by the FA and at least UEFA have tried sometjing different here to make it bit more competitive. Was €50 to watch Ireland vs USA in June. Crazy money

Also stops European countries taking the easy big money games in middle east for example 

I am surpried Keane lasted this long tbh, I thought he would have imploded when they failed to qualify. it's always a matter of time with Roy, and you can usually set your watch by it.

Both he and O'Neill need to realise it isn't 2000 anymore. I thought he should have probably realised when everyone at Sunderland and Ipswich downed tools when he tried to "push their buttons" (being kind). Then there was the fiasco of his tenure at VP where half of the Villa squad was telling him to go **** himself (allegedly)

The days of footballing characters that you can rile, provoke, push and drag along with you are long gone. Part of the reason Jose doesn't have players running through brick walls for him anymore. That shit doesn't work.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Both he and O'Neill need to realise it isn't 2000 anymore. I thought he should have probably realised when everyone at Sunderland and Ipswich downed tools when he tried to "push their buttons" (being kind). Then there was the fiasco of his tenure at VP where half of the Villa squad was telling him to go **** himself (allegedly)

I dont know if see interviews on Sky but MON keeps going on about Clough and how many medals he has won. Not one player in squad has seen MON play or probably even see a Cloughie team

2 deluded clowns

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont know if see interviews on Sky but MON keeps going on about Clough and how many medals he has won. Not one player in squad has seen MON play or probably even see a Cloughie team

2 deluded clowns

Indeed, also failing to realise that even by the time Clough retired in the early 90s his methods were already outdated and had become amateur at best, and a bit of an embarrassment.

i think there is a danger of a really poor campaign and keane taking the brunt of it away from MON 

as a result keane gets bulleted and MON gets to carry on being shit for the qualifiers

keane should go this week (i think you'll struggle again vs poland) MON should be gone by xmas when you finish bottom in the nations league 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i think there is a danger of a really poor campaign and keane taking the brunt of it away from MON 

as a result keane gets bulleted and MON gets to carry on being shit for the qualifiers

keane should go this week (i think you'll struggle again vs poland) MON should be gone by xmas when you finish bottom in the nations league 

I fully agree but MON has this amazing ability to fluke a result when under pressure like vs Germany, Italy or Wales yet all these games had elements of luck but he gets pissed when he is called a lucky manager.

As for Keane he has no idea about the modern game or its players and amazingly he was linked with an unnamed Championship club this week 

Full transcript of Stephen Ward's alleged WhatsApp message

"So basically lads, Roy was getting on the boys for not training like three days in a row. Johnny's got a bad knee so he can't train all the time.

"They were at the training ground and him and Harry were just sitting on the bench, just relaxing and icing themselves and stuff. Roy walked over and was like, 'Why aren't you lads training?' and he obviously blatantly knew why they weren't training because the manager would have told him. And they were like, 'We can't do three days in a row'. 'What are you lot? Professional footballers? That's a f***ing shambles that is'. They both didn't say anything and Roy walked off and came back over again, 'So when are you going to train, I'm sick of people pulling out with injuries, what the f*** is wrong with ya?' and the lads were like, 'Listen, we've got problems, we do it at our clubs, we can't do it'. Roy said something under his breath about Johnny and walked off.

"Johnny lost his head, jumped off the bench and walked after him, grabbed his arm and said, "What's the story Roy? If you've got a problem say it to my face, don't f***ing walk off' and he was like, 'I do have a problem, you're not training, you're getting soft, it's no wonder Dyche doesn't play ya, you're f***ing always looking for an argument like you are now' and he was like, 'No Roy, you are the one trying to cause an argument', and apparently they were squaring off to each other and having it off and had to be pulled off each other. All the lads were grabbing Johnny away from him... Johnny was going to kill him.

"Roy brought up something about when they were at Ipswich, they had like a falling out as well. He said, 'You're threatening me again Jon, like you did at Ipswich', and Johnny was like, 'Yeah what, are you going to be a s***house again and send me my fine in the post rather than saying it to my face?'

"It blew over for a few days and then they flew out to France and apparently Johnny just text Roy was like, 'Listen Roy, I'm in room whatever, if you wanna come up, you've obviously got something on your mind that p***** you off about me because it's causing tension in the squad, let's talk it out'. Apparently Roy just wrote back, 'Nah, I'm just here to help players. People like you... stay out of each other's way. You don't need to reply to this message', and that was that.

"They got back from France and Harry felt his quad in training again. So he wasn't training. Apparently he was getting treatment in the treatment room and Roy walked in and was like, 'When are you going to train you f***ing p****?' and Harry was like, 'What?', and he was like, 'F***ing any chance of you training?' He explained the situation again and Roy was going off going, 'You're a f***ing p****, you're a ****, you don't even care, you don't wanna train', and Harry was just going, 'Roy, I'm not speaking to you like this. I'm not listening to you. You're not the manager. You can't say anything to me'.

"Apparently Roy was just going mad getting f***ing worse and worse and Harry got up off the treatment bed and walked back to his room. As he was walking back to his room Roy was shouting down the corridor, 'You're a f***ing p****, you're a **** you've been all your life' and that was it really lads.

"It didn't come to blows but basically just Roy was losing his head."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12020/11495004/martin-oneill-says-roy-keane-is-ready-for-harry-arter-reconciliation-after-row

What a nice man.

Â