The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He bought Hutton who was at fault for all 3 goals today in some form. He also got them playing even deeper than usual during the second half. If you're going to depend on the defence for 45 mins then you're asking for trouble.

There's so many ways where one of the 'defenders' will mess up some way. Even in the first half they didn't do that good, it was Given making good saves as he always does. They will also leave gaps where opponents can get in the box with ease. They don't have to break a sweat. They could just jog with the ball and our brain dead defenders will have a hard time reading it, while dropping back further and further. If we had a goalkeeper who's equally as shit as them, we would be leaking in a minimum of 4 goals each game. Given actually does the defence justice.

What pisses me off is that after last season it was clear we needed to bring in some better defenders and ship out the likes of Collins, Dunne and Warnock. However, McLeish has persisted with them all season and you get the impression that as long as he's here they (or defenders like them) will be here.

I agree. I don't even like them as individuals. Dunne being the biggest disgrace coming back overweight last season and then having that drunken row with Collins. The club shouldn't have tolerated that behaviour, especially when they earn millions per year. Yet they're still here and again aren't justifying their wages due to shambolic performances.

Dunne being the biggest disgrace coming back overweight last season and then having that drunken row with Collins.
You don't mean Collins, do you - maybe Cowans?

He didn't have a row with Collins, Collins is his little pal and I sometimes suspect the only reason he gets in the team is because Dunne asks especially if they can play together.

how mcleish gets the blame for a silly 16 minutes is beyond me.

manager never to blame today.

jokers.

You're the only joker here mate :winkold:

It was so obvious we were under the cosh at the start of H2 and yet McLesih did nothing. We had a two goal lead and we needed to kill the game. Gardner on for Keane and a three man CM would have been the right move just after half time. I would then have taken Petrov of on 60 for Albie and bought SI back in to CM.

how mcleish gets the blame for a silly 16 minutes is beyond me.

manager never to blame today.

jokers.

You're the only joker here mate :winkold:

It was so obvious we were under the cosh at the start of H2 and yet McLesih did nothing. We had a two goal lead and we needed to kill the game. Gardner on for Keane and a three man CM would have been the right move just after half time. I would then have taken Petrov of on 60 for Albie and bought SI back in to CM.

He did nothing but send out the same team that was under the cosh for the first 20-25 minutes of the first half. We withstood the pressure in the first half but not in the second.

If Dunne hadn't of dived in the ball may have still gone to Given and they wouldn't have scored.

Hutton had so much space to kick the ball into but he kicked it into Walcott.

Bent chased back because Ireland I believe got beat and I feel was unlucky to give the 2nd penalty away.

To blame those events on the manager is a bit silly to be honesty.I'm not his greatest fan but at least he would probably have known Albrighton wasn't playing ;)

I posted a page or so back that I thought it would be best if mcleish left this summer, but I need to agree with others that today was not his fault. Stupid, foolish, rash decisions by a few players were the reason we lost today. A couple poor calls from the referee crew did not help at all, but a few villa players beat us....

Our bigger problem is that we don't have enough skill or balance in the team and he will not be given the money to fix that. We need a manager that can get low price players playing attractive possession football.

I don't think McLiesh is horrible, I think that because of many factors, few of them within his control. The unfair biases of fans being a big factor. It's not going to be possible for him to succeed here.

I don't agree with the mcleish haters, but I think they and other factors have created a situation where he cannot succeed. i.e. villa cannot succeed with him.

I dont even take satisfaction on posting about McLeish anymore. I am fed up with those who are desperate to justify him being manager no matter how poor. I dont care whose fault people argue it is, if you are getting paid millions to manage what effectively is a multination, multi million pound business then effectively, the buck stops with you.

So far, attendances are down, merchandising is down, performances in the main product area are down and the business is stagnating at best.

Question is, what you going to do Randy?

I dont even take satisfaction on posting about McLeish anymore. I am fed up with those who are desperate to justify him being manager no matter how poor. I dont care whose fault people argue it is, if you are getting paid millions to manage what effectively is a multination, multi million pound business then effectively, the buck stops with you.

So far, attendances are down, merchandising is down, performances in the main product area are down and the business is stagnating at best.

People could get fed up with those who slate a manager for everything that goes wrong at the club but never give praise when things go right.

But that would just be rather petty and immature. ;)

I just don't get the "our players aren't good enough" argument. Our players are not that bad compared to other teams in the Premier League.

However, they are mostly tactically and/or positionally inept, unable to work as a cohesive unit, falter under pressure and almost all are low on confidence.

The good news is that those things can be coached and, naturally, confidence will follow......

... the bad news is we have Alex McLeish as our manager.

Nobody's justifying him being manager by saying he wasn't at fault for the goals. Really shows up your extremely clouded judgement. To you there are only those who are vitriolically against McLeish no matter what happens, and those who are staunchly pro-McLeish. Which is absolutely ridiculous. For one, I'm sure you remember the poll held on this very site where there were only like 3 people out of 300+ who wanted McLeish to stay. Most of us didn't want him, and would rather he got fired asap, but that doesn't mean that we hurl vitriol at him at any window of opportunity no matter how small or nonexistant.

I just don't get the "our players aren't good enough" argument. Our players are not that bad compared to other teams in the Premier League.

However, they are mostly tactically and/or positionally inept, unable to work as a cohesive unit, falter under pressure and almost all are low on confidence.

The good news is that those things can be coached and, naturally, confidence will follow......

... the bad news is we have Alex McLeish as our manager.

You're right we don't have bad players and a lot of our starting 11 would make it into any sides outside the top 6. This is the backbone of a side that less than 2 seasons ago finished 6th for the third year on the bounce and reached Wembley twice. OK we lost AY and SD but the problems started way before then with MON sacked, Houllier obnoxious behavior and AM general lack of tactical awareness. No wonder the players are f@cked up!

typically i was at work till 5pm so had to make do with the bbc internet updates, half time 2-0, i looked at the stats and they had something like 68% possession and 6 shots on target to 2 for us.

but we were 2 -0 up

i spoke to a work mate who asked why i was looking shocked, i told him the score, i then said goodbye and also said to hi that we will lose 4-2, he asked why, i tild him that the manager will have a half time team talk which will **** everything up.

he thought i was joking.

i get home, find a stream just as they take their 1st pen, i then watch as my rather predictable prediction started to come true.

it isnt as if this is the first time i have said it, he play how he wants and for small amounts of the game the players forget what they are told and look half good, then GC gets his hands on the team again and it goes tits up.

didnt see first half but second half, playing 5 yards from the keepers area is not the best way to defend, i also didnt see any meaty challenges which normally slows someone like walcott down and makes him think twice, well i did see a meaty challenge, it was the replay of dunne chopping over the arsenal player for the pen.

no suprises and by the sounds of it, 2 break away goals, doesnt hide yet another poor result, especially after the 2 break away goals gave us a 2-0 margin away from home against a team and manager under loads of pressure.

qpr next is it?

can i make the excuses GC's fans will come up with?

the mark hughes factor? they are in london? blah blah blah tough game they are on the up blah blah blah new players blah blah

that should cover it, they always make shit excuses as to why it wont be a stroll in the park and to make a lame excuse before hand if we lose.

People could get fed up with those who slate a manager for everything that goes wrong at the club but never give praise when things go right.

But that would just be rather petty and immature. ;)

Perhaps you can enlighten me as to what is going right?

To me, all we are seeing is various stages of bad. Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

It is laughable that people were asking "have we turned a corner?" after Wolves.

There is your answer.

We have enough quality in this squad to be competitive, but are you trying to tell me those players are organised? Know their respective and collective roles within the team? Are playing for the manager?

Nobody's justifying him being manager by saying he wasn't at fault for the goals. Really shows up your extremely clouded judgement. To you there are only those who are vitriolically against McLeish no matter what happens, and those who are staunchly pro-McLeish. Which is absolutely ridiculous. For one, I'm sure you remember the poll held on this very site where there were only like 3 people out of 300+ who wanted McLeish to stay. Most of us didn't want him, and would rather he got fired asap, but that doesn't mean that we hurl vitriol at him at any window of opportunity no matter how small or nonexistant.

When I last posted on this thread, I pleaded with those who were "advocating" supporting McLeish to give me some light on the horizon, some reason why I should be swayed. One person tried, Stanthemanisgod, the rest was just foundationless, hopeful meanderings usually by those who think that this is as good as we actually are.

I think we are better and if these players were properly organised and motivated, we would. If they were not, then I would expect the right manager to make the hard decisions that he is paid to do. Houllier did and got ridiculed, now, the club is a joke.

typically i was at work till 5pm so had to make do with the bbc internet updates, half time 2-0, i looked at the stats and they had something like 68% possession and 6 shots on target to 2 for us.

but we were 2 -0 up

i spoke to a work mate who asked why i was looking shocked, i told him the score, i then said goodbye and also said to hi that we will lose 4-2, he asked why, i tild him that the manager will have a half time team talk which will **** everything up.

he thought i was joking.

i get home, find a stream just as they take their 1st pen, i then watch as my rather predictable prediction started to come true.

it isnt as if this is the first time i have said it, he play how he wants and for small amounts of the game the players forget what they are told and look half good, then GC gets his hands on the team again and it goes tits up.

didnt see first half but second half, playing 5 yards from the keepers area is not the best way to defend, i also didnt see any meaty challenges which normally slows someone like walcott down and makes him think twice, well i did see a meaty challenge, it was the replay of dunne chopping over the arsenal player for the pen.

no suprises and by the sounds of it, 2 break away goals, doesnt hide yet another poor result, especially after the 2 break away goals gave us a 2-0 margin away from home against a team and manager under loads of pressure.

qpr next is it?

can i make the excuses GC's fans will come up with?

the mark hughes factor? they are in london? blah blah blah tough game they are on the up blah blah blah new players blah blah

that should cover it, they always make shit excuses as to why it wont be a stroll in the park and to make a lame excuse before hand if we lose.

What happens if we win comfortably? What are your excuses going to be?

When I last posted on this thread, I pleaded with those who were "advocating" supporting McLeish to give me some light on the horizon, some reason why I should be swayed. One person tried, Stanthemanisgod, the rest was just foundationless, hopeful meanderings usually by those who think that this is as good as we actually are.

I think we are better and if these players were properly organised and motivated, we would. If they were not, then I would expect the right manager to make the hard decisions that he is paid to do. Houllier did and got ridiculed, now, the club is a joke.

There isn't any 'swaying' needed. Virtually nobody thinks he is the one to manage us, and the majority of Villa fans (I'm talking 90%) feel he should be fired immediately. So your perception of people's opinions is quite perplexing.

So is there anyone, one single person who agrees with Alex McLeish that our performance in the first half was, and I quote him directly here "international class".

This from the man who has given us such gems as "Downing won't be sold", "Robbie Keane is at his peak" and "its a myth that I'm defensive".

I would be stunned if there is a single person who watched the match that agrees with him, perhaps now everyone can agree on at least one thing. Alex McLeish is deluded.

Â