The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Ron is talking out of his arse on 5Live with regards McLeish.

Pat Murphy is laying the smack down.

What's he saying?

Will the new manager be put under the same financial restraints as Mcleish or has he done Lerners dirty work now and put us on a sound footing.I didnt like Mcleish but i do feel Lerner could have given him more support instead of hiding in America anyway onwards and upwards up the Villa
"I didn't like McLeish". Feels so good reading that didn't.

Sorry, it's still soaking in now. :D

It's a good thing for all parties. No human being could possibly have enjoyed going to work and facing what he got at Norwich. He deserved it mind you, but he can't possibly have enjoyed it and I'm sure one day he'll look back on this day with the same happiness the rest of us do.

Big Ron is talking out of his arse on 5Live with regards McLeish.

Pat Murphy is laying the smack down.

What's he saying?

Big Ron was making out that McLeish wasn't given a chance and was a good football man who was buggered from the beginning because of the Small Heath thing and because of the team being shit.

Pat Murphy basically laid out in no uncertain terms just how unutterably awful his tenure had been and set out his stall as 'The Birmingham thing is a complete red herring'. Then the lot of them laid into Lerner.

Interestingly Murphy also basically gave Brendan Rodgers a huge push as who we should be gunning for. He made out Rodgers to be the best thing in football in this country.

I have 4 jobs and have to record MOTD as I work Weekends. For the last 3 or 4 months, Ive either not watched it or fast forwarded it (if weve scored/had an ok result).

Today, bareing in mind we lost - I got 4 tinnies in and came home and enjoyed the whole programme from start to finish.

While I dont want to give Mcleish any credit, its important we remember that we are no where near out of the woods yet. The facts as I see them.

He inherited a 9th place team that had pulled itself out of relegation with two wins in their last two games.

Downing and Young (pretty much all of our attacking play) were then sold.

He was given about half of that money to spend and bed replacements in.

He lost Dunne, Petrov, Jenas and Bent to long term injuries.

The latter Bent was more worried about his euro spot than sitting on the bench for us in a relegation battle.

Realistically, where did people expect us to finish. At the moment, who ever the manager I honestly believe we have a squad that finished where it deserved to. We need much more than just a change at the top.

Pat Murphy

BBC Radio 5 live sports reporter "Alex McLeish's Birmingham City past was irrelevant - his playing style and results did for him at Aston Villa.

"If he had won just five of 17 drawn games in the Premier League, the club would have finished in about 10th place and he would have had more time to prove himself.

"He ought to have banked more points in the first half of the season, when the squad was at full strength, before injuries and illness dogged him in the last three months.

"But losing 22 points from winning positions, coupled with a 9% drop in home attendance and the prospect of poor season ticket sales prompted owner Randy Lerner to don his ruthless businessman's hat and sack the manager he appointed just 11 months ago."

bbc

I

AM

GOING

TO

THE

PUB

beer_color_tnb.png

:hooray:

The latter Bent was more worried about his euro spot than sitting on the bench for us in a relegation battle.
You keep saying this, where you getting this from? :?

from the fact that Bent has declared himself a week away from full fitness, yet he hasnt been on the bench. Mcleish said he has asked him about playing and he said he wasnt ready.

If you're a week away and committed to the cause, you would risk 20 minutes in a crucial game.

it has enraged me. :evil:

You keep saying this, where you getting this from? :?

from the fact that Bent has declared himself a week away from full fitness, yet he hasnt been on the bench. Mcleish said he has asked him about playing and he said he wasnt ready.

If you're a week away and committed to the cause, you would risk 20 minutes in a crucial game.

it has enraged me. :evil:

Yes, but Bent himself said he was never asked. I think I know who I trust more.

Well done to the club for acting so quickly. Despite the protestations of McLeish he knew as we did he was a dead man walking. Finally to some of the media is waking up to the fact that it was never about where he came from but everything about the results which were simply not good enough. In truth they were totally unacceptable and I am pleased that RL effectively said that.

I don't feel remotely sorry for McLeish. He is walking away with as much as £6m for 11 months work. I suspect he will never get a job in the PL again unless he can bring a Championship club up and I think that is justice for the way he has performed.

Where he finally lost me was his total refusal to accept responsibility for the poor performances. I would agree that some of the players have not delivered but that was dwarfed by the inept tactics, the lack of a Plan B or any other plan for that matter and the utter dross we have been 'treated' to.

The key now is the next appointment......over to you Randy.

Â