The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

It beggars belief that he still has the audacity to say that he can't think of a reason why he wouldn't be manager next season. Could you imagine that in any other job?

'Well boss, I managed to lead our company to our worst results in living memory, I'm likely to be causing a drastic loss in our overall revenue and have shown my ineptitude at strategy, tactics and motivation. Still looking good for next year, right?

What do you mean you want to fire me?'

He needs to be shoved - Randy surely can't have another option, can he?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish: "It was an absolutely shocking, woeful display. Maybe some of the boys were thinking about their holidays already.

"That team needs a change and there will be change. That wasn't an Alex McLeish team today. We need to bring more quality into the squad.

"I take (the fans' booing) on my shoulders for the sake of the players, I agree with the fans' frustration about our display.

"I'm expecting the board to back me. I have no reason to think I won't be (Villa manager next season). We've got through a really tough season. I've won lots of trophies as a player and manager and I haven't turned into a bad manager overnight."

BBC Sport page.

Un. ****. Believable.

McLeish in 'Wired to the Moon' Shocker!

He's still saying he'll be here next season.....

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.gif

You seriously think??

I just can't see it now - whatever respect he had in the dressing room will have disipated following his latest ramblings to the press.

His last few press interviews are full of self preservation and slating anyone but himself - he knows he's gone and trying to cover his arse in the hope some other sap signs him....

He'll be gone.

Haven't turned into a bad manager over night? No you've always been a bad manager. Fergiescum said there were better squads below us ? Who? Wolves? Blackburn? Boton? Or QPR ? At one point the only teams below us were the relegated ones. If any of them were better squads then it is a sad indictment of the way Lerner has run the club. There are also worse squads above us BTW mcduff

He has to say he'll still be here next season, it's all part of the game. Gary McAllister was still saying the same about him and Houllier at this point last season.

My only concern about him going is: I have no doubt he really means that there will be changes in the squad next season with him in charge; I.e. underachieving players (at least some; we need to keep at least a few players...) will be shipped out by AM. I truly believe he is fed up with the attitude of some senior players. If a new guy comes in, the risk is that he will "give all players a clean slate" etc etc, and that we have to endure yet another year with some of the player dross we have. In my view, that is not an option. On the other hand, keeping AM is really not an option either. And, I not sure I trust AM to spend money. However, we REALLY need to get rid of quite a few blood sucking bats in the current squad.

Alex McLeish spoke of his frustration after his team's 2-0 defeat to Norwich, insisting: "That was an unacceptable display."

It may have been the final day of the season but McLeish was already looking ahead to the start of the 2012-13 campaign, revealing change was needed in the playing staff to ensure a more fruitful coming term for the claret and blue troops.

He said: "It was flat. It was disappointing because over the past few weeks we have shown a bit of resilience to get us over the line.

"But that was an unacceptable performance in Aston Villa colours. I have to change that. There will be change.

"People will talk of an end of season mentality this afternoon but I can't accept that because I've been used to winning trophies and medals throughout my career both as a player and manager.

"I have not had the riches to spend on players that other managers would have liked but I believe I can turn Aston Villa around by changing things around and adding to the quality, bringing players in who will work their socks off for this club and for me.

"I can totally understand the frustration of the fans. I am the guy who carries the can for the performances.

"But I don't ask the players to make a 10 yard pass and not find the target, a team-mate. It's frustrating for me to watch that kind of stuff."

McLeish has vowed to build a winning mentality after two seasons of the team flirting with relegation from the top-flight.

He added: " It's up to me to turn the opinion around.

"I have to try and build a winning mentality at this club. It's two season now of flirting with relegation.

"We got in Darren Bent in January to get goals to stay up and we have still suffered the same kinds of problems this season, the lack of goals. The teams around us have all scored more.

"I think I can turn it around. I have done it before. I think in terms of the season you have to analyse it a bit more than just 'It's Aston Villa, they shouldn't be doing that.'

"We have problems. There are definite problems. I said at the start of the season that if we lost some senior players it could be a battle.

"I even said we could be in the bottom six or seven, maybe that was wishful thinking. Analysing the squad I thought that was a reality.

"I know we have still got to trade. The chairman has been clear. He's not going to throw in millions of pounds to bring giant names into the club.

"We still have to wheel and deal a little bit. But we certainly have to make some changes because two seasons in a row for Villa is not acceptable."

more deluded ramblings from the dead man walking

unbelievable-jeff_design.png

what makes this so depressing is in the interview on the OS, he says that whoever is boss will have to trade and the chairman will not pump in millions to get big players. He wants 'hard workers' - that means journeymen.

Did anyone see the actual interview. Mcleish looked ANGRY, never seen him that furious.

Didn't see it, but it's likely that the players want him gone and therefore made a point of not performing. Which would make me furious if I were him, but never mind, eh?!

Randy will probably consult Fergie before making a decision. Remember we have none football men running our club so they are affectively, clueless. They should look to consult within and not rely on references from third parties wanting to look after their own. I wonder how they came to recommendation of Martinez?

If we have no money to spend we need a manager that can get the best out of the resources available to him.

Lambert if my first choice, followed by Martinez. Regardless of the attitude of our players we have a terrible manager who blames everyone else for his failings.

**** off McLeish. You are the herpes of the Premier League.

Did anyone see the actual interview. Mcleish looked ANGRY, never seen him that furious.

He is furious because the tosspot players did not try for him again today

Story of the season

McLeish not faultless though with his woeful setups

Shite all round basically

"I think I can turn it around. I have done it before. I think in terms of the season you have to analyse it a bit more than just 'It's Aston Villa, they shouldn't be doing that.'

"We still have to wheel and deal a little bit. But we certainly have to make some changes because two seasons in a row for Villa is not acceptable."

Contradiction much twatface?

Â