The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I just want to understand one thing about AMc, what does HE take responsibility for?

if it's not the fact we play horrid football?

Listening to the radio, Villa's boring play is joke around the league, its not just us Villa fans.

Most football fans hate Villa now, because of the football we play. Everyone was willing for us to go down and I honestly can't blame them. McLeish has dragged the name of this club through the mud. The only thing more he could've done to **** us up is take us down.

He just has to go.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Alex McLeish team is a team of players that actually like playing defensive, negative, boring, lifeless football every game.

Unfortunately for McLeish there aren't any players at AVFC who actually like playing that way hence why we **** up even more than SHA did in terms of points on the board.

From the OS: PATHETIC

"The only crumb of comfort for the travelling troops - bedecked in fancy dress - was that were was no mega goal difference swing at the foot of the Barclays Premier League table, ensuring Villa stay a top-flight titan for another season, Bolton slipping through the relegation trapdoor.

It's worth pointing out that there's certainly no shame for Villa in losing to Paul Lambert's team, who have proved to be a slick and stylish side in their first season in the Barclays Premier League".

I poped into the ticket office yesterday and said id come to pay my 750 quid renewel fee as id heard mctwat was being released on monday.

The lad behind the desk could not confirm this info so i told him i would be back when it happens along with many many more :)

"The only crumb of comfort for the travelling troops - bedecked in fancy dress - was that were was no mega goal difference swing at the foot of the Barclays Premier League table, ensuring Villa stay a top-flight titan for another season, Bolton slipping through the relegation trapdoor.

It's worth pointing out that there's certainly no shame for Villa in losing to Paul Lambert's team, who have proved to be a slick and stylish side in their first season in the Barclays Premier League".

Norwich are an 'Elite' team don't you know!

I poped into the ticket office yesterday and said id come to pay my 750 quid renewel fee as id heard McLeish was being released on monday.

The lad behind the desk could not confirm this info so i told him i would be back when it happens along with many many more :)

I bet he got straight on the phone to Lerner

Randy didn't listen last summer, we as fans need to make him listen this time.

There should be a widespread boycott of the new kits, all merchandise, season tickets and friendlies until he is removed from the job.

I will not buy anything from the club whilst McLeish is there. As soon as he goes and I see a decent appointment who will not frustrate and be negative, I shall buy the home and away kit plus buy tickets to the first 4 home games.

Original AM Comment re worded by me

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish: "It was an absolutely shocking, woeful display. Maybe some of the boys were thinking about their holidays already Because I know I have been since the first game.

"That team needs a change and there will be change NOT BY ME THO GOT A INTERVIEW AT THE JOB CENTRE AT 9. That wasn't an Alex McLeish team today IT WAS FAR BETTER THATN I EXPECTED. We need to bring more quality into the squad and THAT IS WHY IM GETTING MY boots out again cant wait to partner BRIAN KILCLINE next season.

"I take (the fans' booing) on my shoulders for the sake of the players , I agree with the fans' frustration about our display.

"I'm expecting the board to SACK me. I have no reason to think I won't be (A BLUE SQUARE PREM manager next season). THEY've got through a really tough season AND I HAVE NOT HELPED. I've won lots of trophies as a player and manager ON CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 94/95 SEASON ON THE PCand I haven't turned into a bad manager overnight ITS JUST I HAVE ACHEIVED ALL I WANT."

AM get out of the our club you have made us a joke I presonally think it will take years for us to recover them players are mentally scared

Time to play you're the boss:

You're 2 nil down with 15 mins to go in an end of season nothing match away from home. You currently have 7 defenders on the field.

Your left winger (who is actually a Left Back) in injured. Do you:

a) bring on an inexperienced CB. Play him at LB. Promoting the current LB (who is a RB) to Left Wing.

B) play a young inexperienced attacking midfielder who needs game time and looked promising away at the champions a few weeks back.

c) bring on your 10m marquee signing, who happens to be a winger.

????

Really made me chuckle that, thanks :)

Whilst it's never a good idea to say something will definitely happen in football, I think he will definitely be sacked early next week. Keeping a manager who's had a season like this (regardless of any extenuating circumstances) is a guarantee of relegation the following year. I know the appointment seemed silly last summer but to keep things as is after this season goes beyond any form of stupidity and into the realm of actually wanting your investment to fail.

Up until a few weeks ago I thought we might get a win today, go out on a (relative) high and he'd somehow be given until Christmas with his own squad but I think today's debacle is the straw that broke the camel's back for RL and he'll do the right thing.

They do realise goal difference didn't come into it and we stayed up by two clear points

So now he's claiming that he could have been the best manager in SHA's history? A small boast if ever I heard one. That's a bit like being the tallest pygmy in the tribe.

As for his assertion that it wasn't an Alex Mcleish team out there today? Well, as long as it's not an Alex Mcleish team out there next season then that'll be fine by me.

Â