The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Don't believe ITKs, but I certainly expect he will be leaving soon after the Norwich game - if I was trying to look like an ITK person on twitter, that's what I'd be posting, because it is a pretty reasonable guess and may well come true.

McLeish has looked like a dead man walking since Bolton - 1 win in 15 now is it? He can't survive that. I think they letting him leave as honourably as possible by giving him till end of season, rather than humiliating him by sacking with 1 or 2 games to go, but I expect a 'mutual consent' type announcement by this time next week.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your forgetting that we have suffered from a severe injury crisis this season so McLeish had to play players out of position in the same way many teams have to if they are missing players

Interesting but please profer some sort of excuse for the period from August until February when he had almost a full team to pick from?

Spot on Denis, McLeish has tried to spin that one too.

Don't believe ITKs, but I certainly expect he will be leaving soon after the Norwich game - if I was trying to look like an ITK person on twitter, that's what I'd be posting, because it is a pretty reasonable guess and may well come true.

McLeish has looked like a dead man walking since Bolton - 1 win in 15 now is it? He can't survive that. I think they letting him leave as honourably as possible by giving him till end of season, rather than humiliating him by sacking with 1 or 2 games to go, but I expect a 'mutual consent' type announcement by this time next week.

Hope so, but would've been even better to see him humiliated. It's all he deserves.

How many established teams have kept their manager under hard times and then sacked him right after the season?

When is it customary to sack a manager between a season and the next one?

There must be some empirical juice to test our hopes and fears.....

AgentITK is looking for hits.

I'm sure pretty soon he'll "report" that McLeish is staying. That way, he has his ass covered no matter what happens.

Classic wannabe journalist looking for hits.

Not saying he is right or wrong. He's guessing. I think the McLeish decision has yet to be, if I'm being honest. At least by Lerner, that is.

The most likley scenario is that there will be some end of season review in the week after the norwich game.

One alternative scenario is that it gets so widely reported that he going - that the Norwich match becomes a farce - and the club bring forward the decision to fire him.

As somebody else has said what must worry the board is if we have a poor start to next season - Randy could find himself looking for a new manager at the worst possible time. We only had a reasonable start this season - because of a freakishly easy fixture list.

How many established teams have kept their manager under hard times and then sacked him right after the season?

When is it customary to sack a manager between a season and the next one?

There must be some empirical juice to test our hopes and fears.....

Well, we kinda did last season, although there was mitigating circumstances.

In the last few years, found these examples of post season sackings/'mutual consents':

Chelsea sacked Ancelotti immediately after their final game last season.

Zola @ West Ham, 2 days after end of season.

Benitez @ Liverpool a couple of weeks after end of season.

Avram Grant @ Chelsea, 3 days after losing CL final.

Stuart Pearce & Sven Goran Eriksson in successive seasons @ Man City.

Someone just posted this on H&V

Can we fuel the fire on these rumours that he is indeed going, and inundate the club tomorrow with season ticket enquiries on the basis that he's going only to withdraw our interest when they can't confirm it.This could then filter back to Lerner and tip him over the edge and make him pull the trigger!

Brilliant idea! :)

This Agent_ITK guy on twitter has just put ' Aston Villa are managerless '

Anyone know if its a bullshit account or is it reliable?

We've been manager less all season in reality

Can we fuel the fire on these rumours that he is indeed going, and inundate the club tomorrow with season ticket enquiries on the basis that he's going only to withdraw our interest when they can't confirm it.This could then filter back to Lerner and tip him over the edge and make him pull the trigger!

that is a brilliant idea, could be just the ticket!

I'm shocked at how simple and yet effective this could be

I'm shocked at how simple and yet effective this could be

Not so sure this is some great master plan. As we already have seen this past season, Randy does not seem too bothered with the drop in ST sales, and it appears sales will at least meet this season for next year.

One thing we should all know by now after almost 6 years of Randy Lerner is that nobody, literally nobody in the media has the first clue what his thinking, planning or going to do. So all these journo's, ex pro's and bill bullshitters on Twitter as just taking their best guesses and throwing some McLeish at a wall in the hope it sticks.

Sooner or later they will all claim to have been right despite never having had a clue.

the fact that Kendrick is very open in admitting that he thinks McLeish will and should go tells me that he probably will do - Kendrick and the Mail rely on their links to the local clubs, and I doubt he/they would jeapordise this

Agent ITK. This is the same guy who said we contacted Lambert yesterday. Bullshit, or all part of our best mate Randy's plan.

Same guy. I can confirm from Michael Foulger (board of directors at NCFC)'s own mouth that we have not contacted Norwich about Lambert.

Interestingly, I've just had a few drinks in the compan of Rob McCaffrey (former Sky Sports), Derek Whyte and Trevor Sinclair. None are particularly clued up about the Villa and said the same about his SHA connections. Set them straight about his previous record and subsequent fulfilment of the dull football prophecy being the issue and they soon came round with a sort of moment of epiphany. Anyway, Derek Whyte came up with the interesting quote that "good managers don't feel the need to be the nicest guy at the club".

Made sense, especially coming from a former pro.

Â