The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Not Villa related , but the leaked letter from Blackburns CEO arguably could apply to McLeish (thus why I'm quoting it)

Point 3 deals with Kean's position, and echoes many of the concerns voiced by the Blackburn fans who have repeatedly called for his head.

It says: “Publicly I have been asked to support the manager and I always have as I personally like Steve. I have supported him from the start and have been desperate for him to do well. However, I am now of the opinion that it isn’t working and he is ready to go.

“He has lost the crowd and as a result of this evening’s game has lost the dressing room as well – the players no longer want to play for him. It is a shame and disappointing but we must act now to save the club. The board should be asked their opinion in who should be the new manager.”

Hunt continues: “We are losing fans/customers at an alarming rate. I am very concerned that fans are voting with their feet and not attending, not purchasing and not engaging with the club.

“Research shows that only 5 per cent of ex-season ticket holders will ever return. We are losing sponsors and suppliers.

full article here :

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is going, it wont be till well after the norwich game.

This. Either he will stay or Randy will dally about, maybe not being so forthcoming with transfer funds and test his willingness to stay but anyone hoping for him to be getting his P-45 straight after the Norwich game will be in for a disappointment.

I think they probably do like him. One of the most persistent points to come out of this seems to be that he's a very likeable bloke. But that's completely irrelevant in a discussion about whether he'll be there next season, not least because those people at Bodymoor will ultimately not be part of the decision making-process.

Very true. But it's always harder to sack someone you actually like/respect as a person than one you don't

Maybe Randy's thinking it MAY come good if he keeps waiting.

I very much doubt it ever will come good for Big Eck at Villa, but then again i'm not the one making the big decisions then going into hiding so I don't have to take the flak when it all goes tits up

I do feel for McLeish though, he never stood a chance here
What do you mean? He was given a fair chance by the fans. People were very supportive of him in the beginning.

Did you miss the demonstrations at villa park after his appointment

Did you not see the graffiti outside Bodymoor

Yes lots of fans held their tongue, but reality is, he on the whole wasn't wanted & stood little chance

Certain players knew this from the off and took full advantage

The demonstrations were before the appointment, and I wouldn't be surprised if the graffiti was done by a couple of bluenoses. Certainly no way of verifying who did it. Even if Villa fans were the ones behind it, it would only have been a couple of idiots.

No, he wasn't wanted, but on the whole supporters have given him more than enough chance to make good on his words from pre-season. Unfortunately he hasn't and that's why he's starting to get abuse (finally).

Everyone there seems to think he's a top bloke. And to be fair he does come across that way.
:lol:

I couldn’t care less if he’s liked or not liked. The most important thing is that the team does as well as possible. If Lerner judges managers by how much he likes them, then we are always going to be constrained in appointment

"7 - If Aston Villa fail to win on Sunday they will equal their all-time record of only 7 wins in a season (set in 1890 & 1891). Nadir."

Please resign. Please resign. Please resign. Please resign.

The players like him because they can walk all over him.

Look at the nightclub incident.

A manager needs to come in and freeze out players in my opinion (in the summer though before the new season starts)

I am sure Houllier tried to do that and look what happened, Half the squad wanted out

I am certain he is really a very nice man, thats why people want him there.......life is too bloody comfrtable under him, hence the players taking the piss and they are the sort that throw teddies if someone tries to bring them into line.

McEck out and all the trouble makers too otherwise we will be going nowhere fast. A bloody good enema wants shoving into the place and clearing them out!

Can someone please tell me what exactly makes him a nice man? I'm not saying he's a horrible man, I'm just asking what is it about him specifically that has earned him this nice guy tag?

Can someone please tell me what exactly makes him a nice man? I'm not saying he's a horrible man, I'm just asking what is it about him specifically that has earned him this nice guy tag?

None of us know him personally so we can't quite answer that, he could just be a guy who everyone who knows him gets along with

Unlike GED or DOL who you just wanted to punch

I disagree with that. I'd like to go out for a pint with GED, would be great to have a conversation about football with him.

The bullshitter still here? The lying Scottish fecker that it. It's funny reading the comments he made at the fans forum in the summer about Villa as opposed to the one's he has made now. He told fan's at a meeting at the start of the season that the team was a top 8 bunch with exciting youth and world class facilities. Yet at the end of the season he say's;

"'Certainly when I assessed the squad at the start of the season I thought there was a possibility of being in the lower half of the table. Despite the name Aston Villa, it comes down to depth, strength of squad and quality."

The man is a class A bullshitter. For a top 8 bunch of lads, he's managed to finish 8 places below 8th :D.

Leave now you muppet, what are you waiting for? If you were a proud man you'll leave now instead of waiting to be sacked.

He comes across as a bloke you could go and have a pint with

Oh come on, he comes across just as bad as both of those. The annoying thing is DOL and Houllier are seen as pricks on here (fair enough) yet Saint Alex is seen as a "nice bloke".

I disagree with that. I'd like to go out for a pint with GED, would be great to have a conversation about football with him.

I think all of our past managers would be more interesting to talk to about football than this dinosaur we've got hanging around the club. Hell I'd rather talk to George Ramsay about football than McLoser.

Â