The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

At the end of the day, we will turn into a team that went from challenging for the CL, to fighting relegation for the foreseeable future with McLeish in charge, we will be constantly down there .. we are going to end up like Wigan have been for the past years, dancing with relegation and the inevitable thing is we will eventually go down if AM is in charge...

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong. We will be nothing like Wigan as they will continue to try to play nice football.

Basically having McLeish in charge is like eating a shit sandwich. However, instead of slices of bread we have more shit. Yummy.

At the end of the day, we will turn into a team that went from challenging for the CL, to fighting relegation for the foreseeable future with McLeish in charge, we will be constantly down there .. we are going to end up like Wigan have been for the past years, dancing with relegation and the inevitable thing is we will eventually go down if AM is in charge...
I think Coventry is probably a more realistic comparison.

Peter Grants' training sessions consist of mainly combative "five a side" type sessions, could that be why we picked up so many training ground injuries. Blaming self inflicted injuries is hardly an excuse for the abysmal performances this season.

AM/PG have given us a team that are afraid to try and win a match in case attacking causes us to lose the match. Result = Won 7, Drawn 17, Lost 13.

We have only won once in the last fifteen matches, which should be a sackable offence for any manager.

Edit: I seem to remember Gary Gardner saying a few weeks ago that he had been told by AM/PG that he should get far more physical with his tackles and get stuck into team mates during training sessions. (Delph must love it!)

Well something is wrong in training as players reguarly are missing from match day squads due to an injury in the week.

As for the comparrison with Houllier ..with Houllier you could look back at his time with previous clubs see success's and think sure he can turn this around.With Mcleish you just see failures and not only can you not see him turning it around you can only think it will get worse !!!

I do feel for McLeish though, he never stood a chance here
What do you mean? He was given a fair chance by the fans. People were very supportive of him in the beginning.

Did you miss the demonstrations at villa park after his appointment

Did you not see the graffiti outside Bodymoor

Yes lots of fans held their tongue, but reality is, he on the whole wasn't wanted & stood little chance

Certain players knew this from the off and took full advantage

What do you mean? He was given a fair chance by the fans. People were very supportive of him in the beginning.

Yes lots of fans held their tongue, but reality is, he on the whole wasn't wanted & stood little chance

AM has delivered exactly the kind of results that most Villa fans believed he would. Only RL/PF thought that he was a good appointment, so the 99.9% of us that were shocked and horrified last summer have been proved right in our opinion.

Despite this, a large majority of us tried to give the guy a chance to prove us wrong. The fact that it's all gone pear shaped is AM's fault not ours.

I totally see where CI is coming from but McLeish is an awful awful football manager. I can't put it better than my Chelsea supporting mate's post on facebook recently... "STRANGEST MANAGER CHOICE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!"

McLeish accepted the job (along with a nice pay rise I don't doubt). If he is not self-aware enough to realise that fans would not want him at VP because of his results, style of football and the blues connection then we really are in trouble.

He took the job because Birmingham were in the shit and he wanted to jump ship, and be financially rewarded for doing so. I doubt he gives two **** about our club.

Why some people feel sorry for a multi-millionaire, who knew what he was getting into before actually doing it, is beyond me.

Why some people feel sorry for a multi-millionaire, who knew what he was getting into before actually doing it, is beyond me.

Jesus H Christ! I've just about managed to disassociate in my brain the complete cluster **** of him as manager this whole season untill someone mention what that gurning idiot is getting paid and now I want to cry...

FWIW Both CI and villabromsgrove are right. He never stood a chance but yes, we all thought he would deliver an attackless team which he did. I do feel sorry for him with the injuries resulting in a team whose midfield are all defensive minded leading to very few attacking moves but it's not like we were pulling up any trees before the injurues started. I guess I'm saying we'd have still been poor but less poor.

I didn't want McCleish but i supported him as i would any Villa manager and gave him a chance for at leat half a season then when results, tactics and management of key players went badly wrong i stopped backing him. The injuries may have thrown us deeper than we deserved but ultimately you get the feeling that even had Petrov, Bent, Jenas and Dunne all been available we would have still finished only 3-6 points from where we are now.

He's had plenty of backing, that was never a question despite the media's research. Results have mirrored his time at SHA, despite spending more there.

Sadly, just not good enough as a football manager in the top division.

AM has delivered exactly the kind of results that most Villa fans believed he would. Only RL/PF thought that he was a good appointment, so the 99.9% of us that were shocked and horrified last summer have been proved right in our opinion.

Despite this, a large majority of us tried to give the guy a chance to prove us wrong. The fact that it's all gone pear shaped is AM's fault not ours.

Personally, I was amazed how many Villa fans were, and have been, prepared to give the guy a chance.

I did not renew this season after 15 years + of 2 ST's. This decision was not taken lightly and it certainly wasn't because of where he had come from. It was because (a) he plays awful football/is a poor manager (his track record, that is there for everyone to see, supports this and is just supplemented by the events of the past 12 months) and (B) his appointment made me realise how massive the disconnect is between RL/PF and the fan base and how little regard they have for us.

I am amazed that people have renewed ST's for 12/13 and, whilst I understand and empathise with their passion for football and AVFC, I think they are actually doing the club, as a whole, no favours by doing this.

I saw a thread questioning whether people would admit that they were wrong in taking action like mine if McLeish turned it around. I can't see where the author has any basis to suggest that this could happen. My question in response would be how much longer do we need to see McLeish in action before those initial supporters (or people willing to give him a chance) will admit that they were wrong? I think 90% have now but there are still a few clinging on and supporting the board/him. Support is great, blind faith is just that!

The sooner McLeish is out the sooner we can start to address the issues of the last few years and turn this club around.

Just had a message from a mate who lives in a little village in Stratford.

Apparently McLeish has just moved into the area and the reliable info is "he's got the bullet"

Â