The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to someone at the club before yesterday's game and he pretty much backed up what MM has said on here. Just outside the Trinity Road gates were the McLeish Out protesters and their banners.

"If only they knew the truth" were his words "maybe they should move inside the gates by the players car park & do some protesting there!"

Anyone notice Kevin MacDonald squeeze McLeish's arm during the game on TV on the bench, in a nice touch of support from someone who knows AVFC inside out.

So what is this guy at the club saying, that it is the fault of the players and not McLeish? We all know there are rotten apples at the club, but the manager has got to sort it out. For example, if some players are causing problems they should be dropped and others put in their place. Fergie soon sorted out the drinking culture at Manure.

Its crazy, but o`neill didn`t negotiate those contracts.

Really?!!...

How come wages went up after mon left ? How come we forked out 12m in manager costs after mon left ? How come Mclose is on the huge salary he is ? Did Lerner pay mon a consultant fee to negotiate those wages as well? This urban myth that mon negotiated all the wages whilst he was here is just that an urban myth peddled by the club to hide deficiencies still here an the real reason mon left

Spoke to someone at the club before yesterday's game and he pretty much backed up what MM has said on here. Just outside the Trinity Road gates were the McLeish Out protesters and their banners.

"If only they knew the truth" were his words "maybe they should move inside the gates by the players car park & do some protesting there!"

Anyone notice Kevin MacDonald squeeze McLeish's arm during the game on TV on the bench, in a nice touch of support from someone who knows AVFC inside out.

So what is this guy at the club saying, that it is the fault of the players and not McLeish? We all know there are rotten apples at the club, but the manager has got to sort it out. For example, if some players are causing problems they should be dropped and others put in their place. Fergie soon sorted out the drinking culture at Manure.

He is sorting out like at the likes of N'Zogbia and Hutton, real pro's with great attitudes. ;)

dunno if its already been posted but

mceish wont be at villa next season

Turned it off just after the 7 minute mark once the prick stated that Villa fans didn't have any patience with McLeish because of his Birmingham connections.

Another ill informed media knob.

Why are the media completely blinded by this? I suppose it's a case of letting the facts get in the way of a half arsed story, why don't they look at the facts of 7 wins all season and only 15 in the last two and realise that he's actually bleedin rubbish.

just read this, im sure it's been posted already

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/mcleish-i-wont-shield-players-3102024.html

....what a wa**er, it's not my fault, it's the players, basically. first time i've ever heard a manager say that.

i dont blame mcleish for our team being so crap, but some of the blame certainly is with him...

imo 50% lerner, 15% Houllier, 15% McLeish, 15% players, 5% O'Neill

cast your mind back to last season and mr dunne , mr warnock and mr collins.

We cocked up not keeping mcallister , those three clowns would be gone.

I wont renew till mcleish has gone , the three stooges out the door to be followed by cuellar , heskey and of course stan retireing.

People are just hanging onto the hope he resigns, which he wont. Randy wont sack him either so i think he's here for next season.

I feel really bad for thinking this but in light of McLeish's comments I kind of wish we had lost yesterday. It would have cranked up the pressure on McLeish big time and I think even if we had lost we still probably wouldn't have gone down as QPR would have had to get a point at City and Bolton would have had to win at Stoke, along with us not getting anything at Norwich.

Oh, and I don't know what McLeish means by "I won't shield the players next season". He hasn't been shielding them this season either. He's done everything possible to shift the blame away from himself. He's a massive word removed and I really wish people would stop with this "he's a nice genuine bloke" crap.

I wont renew till mcleish has gone , the three stooges out the door to be followed by cuellar , heskey and of course stan retireing.

McAllister was terrible! So he would have gotten rid of them because he fell out with them? I'm more inclined to think the problem is McAllister rather than Dunne, Warnock and Collins.

To anyone who thinks McLeish is definitely going after the Norwich game (and I really hope you are right) I would remind you of comments made by Doug Ellis in the aftermath of the Bolton defeat.

I know that some of us think he has lost the plot and may have some form of dementia but it is likely that in his exalted position as life long President of AVFC he quite possibly is ITK about what is happening at VP.

Former Aston Villa chairman Sir Doug Ellis put a brave face on his beloved team’s current struggles – and predicted a top-six Premier League finish next year.

The 88-year-old, who sold his controlling stake in the club to Randy Lerner six years ago, has backed the American’s decision to keep faith with under-fire boss Alex McLeish.

And Sir Doug boldly predicted better times ahead – even though thousands of Villa fans fear their side is heading for the Championship after Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to fellow strugglers Bolton.

“It would be foolish for McLeish to go,” he said.

“Despite the fact that most of them [the fans] are upset that he came from Birmingham City, McLeish is a good manager.

“The game is not about management, it is about players. We have three, four, five established first team players who are injured and we have had to bring in the kids.

“But you mark my words, next year those kids will have a year’s more experience and we’ll be there in a big way next year.

“Not just the top ten, but in the top six. That’s what I’m forecasting.”

McAllister was terrible! So he would have gotten rid of them because he fell out with them? I'm more inclined to think the problem is McAllister rather than Dunne, Warnock and Collins.

What do you base that statement on , he was in charge when we beat liverpool and aresenal.

To anyone who thinks McLeish is definitely going after the Norwich game (and I really hope you are right) I would remind you of comments made by Doug Ellis in the aftermath of the Bolton defeat.

I know that some of us think he has lost the plot and may have some form of dementia but it is likely that in his exalted position as life long President of AVFC he quite possibly is ITK about what is happening at VP.

Former Aston Villa chairman Sir Doug Ellis put a brave face on his beloved team’s current struggles – and predicted a top-six Premier League finish next year.

The 88-year-old, who sold his controlling stake in the club to Randy Lerner six years ago, has backed the American’s decision to keep faith with under-fire boss Alex McLeish.

And Sir Doug boldly predicted better times ahead – even though thousands of Villa fans fear their side is heading for the Championship after Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to fellow strugglers Bolton.

“It would be foolish for McLeish to go,” he said.

“Despite the fact that most of them [the fans] are upset that he came from Birmingham City, McLeish is a good manager.

“The game is not about management, it is about players. We have three, four, five established first team players who are injured and we have had to bring in the kids.

“But you mark my words, next year those kids will have a year’s more experience and we’ll be there in a big way next year.

“Not just the top ten, but in the top six. That’s what I’m forecasting.”

So much for "Doug would have sacked McLeish months ago".

He's clearly lost the plot, although I'm not sure he ever had it. word removed. Lerner's made some bad decisions this season but he's nowhere near as bad as Ellis.

Â