The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a call last night from the club ref season ticket renewel.

Spoke to a nice lady called donna , it was nice to get the opportunity to explain why i would not renew whilst mr mcleish is still in charge .

I think that article is still a bit tippy tappy, he spends too long ass kissing before sticking the knife in and then doesn't even bother with the twist

IMO it's almost apologetic to his mate mcleish

So what? Presumably he IS his mate. Which makes it all the better that he says he has to go.

I neither expect, nor want, journalists to come out with the hateful bile that is cropping up on this site and at VP. As much as I can understand where it's coming from, I don't feel that way myself.

I'm quite willing to accept that AMcL is a nice bloke to go for a pint with, and I have no personal issues with him at all (how can I when I've never met him?) I just think he needs to get out of Aston Villa for his own good, and the club's.

I think that article is still a bit tippy tappy, he spends too long ass kissing before sticking the knife in and then doesn't even bother with the twist

So what? Presumably he IS his mate. Which makes it all the better that he says he has to go.

I neither expect, nor want, journalists to come out with the hateful bile that is cropping up on this site and at VP. As much as I can understand where it's coming from, I don't feel that way myself.

I'm quite willing to accept that AMcL is a nice bloke to go for a pint with, and I have no personal issues with him at all (how can I when I've never met him?) I just think he needs to get out of Aston Villa for his own good, and the club's.

I'm with you Mike. But on the "nice bloke" bit, truth is it matters not to me if he is or not. He is a crap manager, that is what matters to me.

Match made in hell and should never have happened.

I'm with you Mike. But on the "nice bloke" bit, truth is it matters not to me if he is or not. He is a crap manager, that is what matters to me.
Totally agree. But I think the fact that Moxley made the point that he liked the bloke actually ADDED to the value of the article. It proved that he didn't have a personal agenda, but was being objective.

I agree with Mike and Richard. Name calling and the like just undermines your argument, as it looks like it's personal vendetta than one of reason.

I find it remarkable that this season has mirrored his previous season so much that the players have gone out and acted like arseholes at the end of season 'do' and there are still some who can't see the connection.

I agree.

For what that's worth.

He doesn't seem to know how to use apostrophes either.

Pretty thick really.

Must be easy to be a journalist.

I don't like his tone either.

Rubbish.

I think you'll find.

On a quick survey.

That all Mail sports articles are written like that.

I suppose.

Its what they call their house style.

well i was in the club shop yesterday and i pointed out that a lot of season ticket holders will not renew until mcleish has gone they just said "thats what they all say" but they always come back to renew,so thats the attitude they have then maybe that stems from the top ?

well i was in the club shop yesterday and i pointed out that a lot of season ticket holders will not renew until mcleish has gone they just said "thats what they all say" but they always come back to renew,so thats the attitude they have then maybe that stems from the top ?

I think if I worked in the club shop where everytime people came in they made a comment about the football manager, of which I have no influence over whatsoever, I would probably be equally dismissive.

They get paid a low wage job and I bet they are being chirrped at all day, every day.

Nothing to suggest at all that it stems from the top.

I suppose it is similar to going to McDonalds and saying "do you know you would get more customers if your burgers were not shit and the manager wasn't a tosser (which as with Villa is more than likely true). I'll have a burger please!"

My attitude would probably be similar.

One of two things will happen. He'll either be sacked (my preferred choice) or he'll be backed (in the transfer market) and we'll be told that he hasn't had the opportunity to build his own team. Personally, I think the three relegations craps in four years tells me all I need to know about his ability. We were crap before the injuries hit us, and even worse now. He simply has to go as it'll be a long and winding road to mediocrity and boring football.

I think if I worked in the club shop where everytime people came in they made a comment about the football manager, of which I have no influence over whatsoever, I would probably be equally dismissive.

They get paid a low wage job and I bet they are being chirrped at all day, every day.

Maybe, I can see that there would be an element of that. But you would hope that those doing the job, in the customer service side, would be feeding back up the food chain the sorts of comments they are being told.

If so it doesn't take much to suspect that their comments back to the customers are influenced by what they have been told within the org

Maybe, I can see that there would be an element of that. But you would hope that those doing the job, in the customer service side, would be feeding back up the food chain the sorts of comments they are being told.

If so it doesn't take much to suspect that their comments back to the customers are influenced by what they have been told within the org

It is a different environment.

Also would what the previous poster said be a new thing said to them? I bet these guys on the shop floor are constantly chirrped at by frustrated fans all day. I am sure they feed it back.

Also I think those in charge RL & PF are aware of the feelings. Whether they do anything about it or not is a risk they have to take. But I am sure they are aware.

Their comments would be bourne out of frustration and justly too IMO.

The Villa fan in me wants us to always win matches, purely because I hate seeing us lose. But, this weekend, and next, I am really torn apart. I want us to win and be totally safe - all done and dusted. However, the other fan in me wants us to lose against Spurs and QPR win, just to take it to that final day. We would be level on points and I would like us both to lose just so we only stay up on GD.

I fear it will take the above to totally convince Lerner just how close we were to being relegated, a few goals. That might just make him finally realise how bad the season has been and how he has to change the manager next season. If we were to win both games and QPR and alike get nothing, it might just paint over a few cracks and make it all look a bit more comfortable than it actually is.

If we go to Carrow Road needing a win to GUARANTEE our survival and come away with a defeat and only stay up because QPR go down fighting, but ultimately losing, at the home of the new Premier League Champions that surely has to put the final nail in McLeish's box!

The Villa fan in me wants us to always win matches, purely because I hate seeing us lose. But, this weekend, and next, I am really torn apart. I want us to win and be totally safe - all done and dusted. However, the other fan in me wants us to lose against Spurs and QPR win, just to take it to that final day. We would be level on points and I would like us both to lose just so we only stay up on GD.

I fear it will take the above to totally convince Lerner just how close we were to being relegated, a few goals. That might just make him finally realise how bad the season has been and how he has to change the manager next season. If we were to win both games and QPR and alike get nothing, it might just paint over a few cracks and make it all look a bit more comfortable than it actually is.

If we go to Carrow Road needing a win to GUARANTEE our survival and come away with a defeat and only stay up because QPR go down fighting, but ultimately losing, at the home of the new Premier League Champions that surely has to put the final nail in McLeish's box!

I'd take that, but only if it was guaranteed.

However it's not. If we go into the last game of the season level on points with QPR it's not out of the realms of possibility that they'll draw at City and we'll lose at Norwich.

It's ridiculous really that it should even come down to that. Regardless of how these next two games go McLeish should be sacked.

had the opportunity to build his own team

I can't remember a manager since Saunders who has actually ever built a complete team, Bigron, Gregs, Little and Mon all came close but the fianl bit was always withheld by the Villa for some reason.

had the opportunity to build his own team

I can't remember a manager since Saunders who has actually ever built a complete team, Bigron, Gregs, Little and Mon all came close but the fianl bit was always withheld by the Villa for some reason.

O'Neill definitely built his own team, nothing held him back, accept his lack of imagination.

Â